Which trailer brand has best paint finish?

/ Which trailer brand has best paint finish?
All else being equal yes. But my point was to make sure everything else IS equal. The important stuff. You didnt ask about any other parts of the trailer, so I assume you already know all of that?

I mentioned this in a follow-up post, that is why my replies explained that some of the initial brands were out.

Wait you want a car hauler that also handles heavy equipment?

You seem to have read my replies, but skipped the details. I said equipment, not heavy equipment. I explained that I want to haul a car or equipment, as long as it is within the weight limit of the trailer. For the trailer I bought that would be 7,500 lbs. which means I can haul a mini ex or mid size skid steer. When I spoke to manufacturers and dealers they explained that some car haulers aren't built heavy enough to carry their rated weight on a small footprint. This was something I didn't initially consider, but makes sense. Most were angle iron or channel crossmembers but all used 24" centers. Equipment trailers use 16", which is why I bought a car hauler with 16" crossmember spacing.

CAM is out, spoke to a very helpful factory rep that said car hauler shouldn't be used for equipment like mini ex or skid loader because weight would be too concentrated even if under limit. Buying a trailer that won't break is more important than finish.

/ Which trailer brand has best paint finish? #22  
I mentioned this in a follow-up post, that is why my replies explained that some of the initial brands were out.

You seem to have read my replies, but skipped the details. I said equipment, not heavy equipment. I explained that I want to haul a car or equipment, as long as it is within the weight limit of the trailer. For the trailer I bought that would be 7,500 lbs. which means I can haul a mini ex or mid size skid steer. When I spoke to manufacturers and dealers they explained that some car haulers aren't built heavy enough to carry their rated weight on a small footprint. This was something I didn't initially consider, but makes sense. Most were angle iron or channel crossmembers but all used 24" centers. Equipment trailers use 16", which is why I bought a car hauler with 16" crossmember spacing.
Yes sorry I missed that you already purchased a trailer! Enjoy.

/ Which trailer brand has best paint finish? #23  
my sure trac trailer paint it 3 years old, and has held up very well. Its a dump trailer too. Certain Cam and Sure tracs are made at the same plant. I heard the landscape trailers are built together.

/ Which trailer brand has best paint finish? #24  
It would be stupid not to care. I’m buying a new trailer with lots of manufacturer options, if there’s two that meet my needs why not get the one with the better finish and avoid hours of grinding and painting?

You are right to be concerned about paint. Although it seems cosmetic, when the paint goes, it really shows, especially company image. I like to keep up a clean company image. It’s also a big PITA to spend days wire wheeling and painting under a trailer.…..days that could be used making money.

/ Which trailer brand has best paint finish? #25  
I had a Sure Trac landscape trailer that the powder coat did not hold up well. Found out they had problems with the prep needed and hence coating peeled off. I dumped that one and bought one locally and painted with the prep and primers that was specified to me by a truck paint shop. Happy with results. Jon

/ Which trailer brand has best paint finish? #26  
Ended up with Diamond C. 3" I beam crossmembers on 16" centers and 6k lb axles for only $500 more than the others was the tie breaker. But also got toolbox, and d rings that were extras on the others. This one also has a somewhat unique frame with integrated tongue so deck is lower for easier loading. Also seems like things are slowing down a bit, manufacturer had a rebate so the price difference was less than expected. Powdercoated, but they claim to do a lot more prep work (I don't know much about powdercoat but seems good), video explaining it linked below. Anyway, that's the update and conclusion.

View attachment 769761
Super nice trailer, congrats!

I just purchased a new 24ft Diamond C HDT equipment trailer (pics in another post) to double as an equipment and car hauler. In my research, Diamond C stood out as a company that's innovating trailer design.

No one else is building equipment trailers/car haulers out of I-beam which is lower and lighter than a stacked, deck on frame design. No one else has the pop-up winch or the heavy duty V-tongue lid which both expand deck space.

They're also family owned and made in USA so it was worth it to me to pay 20% more than a tilt deck from another manufacturer.

Last edited:
   / Which trailer brand has best paint finish? #27  
Any light trailer in Europe is hot dip galvanised, and more and more big rig trailer manufacturers offer it too.

/ Which trailer brand has best paint finish? #28  
I guess it is all in the prep. I have a powder coated equipment trailer from bri mar. It sits outside all year long. I actually converted into a pressure washing rig and it gets a ton of chemicals on it and the paint is still good (not shiny anymore due to oxidation). There are some spots that I had to touch up due to getting banged into over the years, but it is fine. About 4 years old now. It was hauling equipment and pallets before the conversion.