Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #271  
A lot of negative knee-jerk responses. I was about seven or eight years old 1968, I set my pants on fire messing around with gasoline. I didn’t get any burns or scars, but a kid that lived right down the road from me had nasty visible scars on his neck and arm and I assume his torso. So you’re saying children should be thinned from the gene pool.
Wow how out of context is this?

Do you think that if spark arrestors were mandated on gas cans in 1968 you would not have played with gasoline and burned yourself?

You lived and presumably you learned a lesson. Hopefully if you have children you will have passed on that lesson to them as well.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #272  
Replacement spouts don't apply because the arrestor is INSIDE the container, not at the end. My Eagle metal gas cans have them and they don't impact the 'flow ability' at all.
It's not really the arrestor screen that's the big problem it's the pour spout that you have to turn, push, pull, bend and almost destroy to get the dang fuel out of the can that will make you want throw the whole thing in the fire. Personally I like to put the spout in the tank and have the fuel come out like it should and not in spurts or start, stop, start, stop and so on.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #274  
A lot of negative knee-jerk responses. I was about seven or eight years old 1968, I set my pants on fire messing around with gasoline. I didn’t get any burns or scars, but a kid that lived right down the road from me had nasty visible scars on his neck and arm and I assume his torso. So you’re saying children should be thinned from the gene pool.

Stupid should hurt...as you found out.

Just made my signature this...

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #275  
Replacement spouts don't apply because the arrestor is INSIDE the container
Anyone mention this, if so my apologies. Never thought, so that means you won't be able to store the POS spout in the tank anymore with the cover over the end? It'll be stored open end up able to catch all crap that it can, perfect.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #276  
It's not really the arrestor screen that's the big problem it's the pour spout that you have to turn, push, pull, bend and almost destroy to get the dang fuel out of the can that will make you want throw the whole thing in the fire. Personally I like to put the spout in the tank and have the fuel come out like it should and not in spurts or start, stop, start, stop and so on.
Why I use Eagle metal flip top gas and diesel cans. No spout at all and the do have the arrestor screen inside that don't impact the flow at all. Not cheap however unlike the poly cans. As with anything today, you get what you pay for.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #277  
Anyone mention this, if so my apologies. Never thought, so that means you won't be able to store the POS spout in the tank anymore with the cover over the end? It'll be stored open end up able to catch all crap that it can, perfect.
No. The plastic cans I saw at Menards the other day had spouts that stored inside the can if you wanted to. The spark arrestor screen was deep enough to allow that.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #278  
It just makes those empty 5 gallon pails from motor oil and hytran so much better sounding :ROFLMAO:

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #279  
Why I use Eagle metal flip top gas and diesel cans. No spout at all and the do have the arrestor screen inside that don't impact the flow at all. Not cheap however unlike the poly cans. As with anything today, you get what you pay for.
My agency has been using those for chainsaw 2 cycle mix for decades. And some have probably been in service 20 years. A very good product.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #280  
I have a couple eagle flip top cans......there is a custom plastic spout you can attach to pour.....No resistor inside the spout or can. Sometimes you just pay for what you assume is quality (by the high price) but don't always "get what you pay for". However, the cans I own (expensive) but they serve me well. I'm an old guy, still capable of doing some dumb things, but I have never caught myself or others on fire. I don't have issues with spark arrestors. Had them on my dirt bikes (when I was younger), and all my chainsaws and other outdoor equipment have them. However if you don't keep them clean they will be a problem....( I live on 12 acres in the middle of forest land so I can't be careless).

add;
Society dictates supply and subsequent demand and we have become a cheap, discarding society beholden to China. Lack of competition/manufacturing within the USA is the issue and often people go with "cheap" partly due to lack of choices (supply) and declining and unstable domestic economics. Manufacturing our products domestically solves much of this......

People in a free society should be the solution to over-regulated policies and subsequent production of items we need........ "mandatory" solutions from bureaucratic desk jockeys and virtue signalling metropolitan input seldom serves the public as a whole. The key words here are "as a whole" since rural life is more independent and gears their life towards less government dependency and the subsequent overreach it enforces on us.