Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #61  
I paid way less than that for my new 2502. For me, I plan to keep my tractor for the long haul so parts availability down the road is super important. Kubota and JD sells a 1000 to 1 of the Korean tractors so that tells me parts availability 20 years down the road will be MUCH better. I am not willing to save a little extra money and risk having a unrepairable pile of metal down the road. I could have bought a bigger tractor by going to a Korean built machine, but it was not worth the risk to me. We all have to decide fo ourselves and I feel I made the best decision for me.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #62  
You posted you recently paid $25,800 for your new L2502 in your other thread. By comparison, T474H models are being advertised for sale in Middle TN for $25,800 right now if you read the entire ad.

Couldn't have had a more timely price comparison to make this discussion more real.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #63  
Whoa, a new 4820C for under 30 grand? Thats a s%^& load of tractor for the money.

It is kinda weird that people keep buying Kubotas and Deeres when these alternatives exist.
lol what? I know your just trolling….

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #64  
Let's just ask the straight up question: suppose someone has $25,800 to spend and can either get a L2502HST or a T474H from a dealer in their area.

Which one to buy and why?

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #65  
You posted you recently paid $25,800 for your new L2502 in your other thread. By comparison, T474H models are being advertised for sale in Middle TN for $25,800 right now if you read the entire ad.

Couldn't have had a more timely price comparison to make this discussion more real.

My comment was that I paid substantially less than 30K for my 2502.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #66  
Let's just ask the straight up question: suppose someone has $25,800 to spend and can either get a L2502HST or a T474H from a dealer in their area.

I’m not buying a tym, same reason I don’t buy harbor freight tools(that I plan to keep). I realize tym is above China standards, but don’t fool yourself, there is a reason tym’s are cheap.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #67  

The Kubota any and every day for two reasons. I have seen numerous of the Korean tractor dealers either go out of business or, just drop the line completely. Secondly, I want the peace of mind knowing I will most likely be able to find parts for my tractor 20 years from now. There will be tens of thousands of 2501's and 2502's out there years from now, but will only be a small percentage of the 474's out there.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #68  

Need the old "Tale o' the Tape"...in this corner, wearing the red trunks with black trim, the challenger weighing in at 3289 lbs, Tong the Tiger Moooolsaaaaan. And in this corner wearing orange trunks with black trim, the reigning champ, weighing in at a trim 2601 lbs, Gonshiro the Goliath, Kuboooootaaaaa!

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #69  
lol what? I know your just trolling….
Haha. I mean yes kinda trolling. But also kinda not. I know people with lots of money like to buy green and orange simply for peace of mind, and that's fine.

But what is the equivalent tractor here to a TYM 4820 cab. An L4760 or MX5400? Both are nearly DOUBLE the price. 55 thousand instead of 30? I Mean, c'mon.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #70  
Haha. I mean yes kinda trolling. But also kinda not. I know people with lots of money like to buy green and orange simply for peace of mind, and that's fine.

But what is the equivalent tractor here to a TYM 4820 cab. An L4760 or MX5400? Both are nearly DOUBLE the price. 55 thousand instead of 30? I Mean, c'mon.
I think that's the part that I don't understand. I get maybe spending a little more for peace of mind. I will never understand the idea of paying that much more. Heck, I could have a backup tractor in case mine did break down for what they are getting. I suppose if you are Hollywood rich or pro athlete rich it doesn't matter to you.