Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #71  
The thing we don't take into consideration is you can't equate the dollar difference between makes as directly proportional to quality differences. You have to factor in the reality of a global economy.

The relationship of the US dollar and South Korean won gives a US buyer more buying power for a South Korean import versus a domestic product right now. The US has a free trade agreement with South Korea with low tariffs for their goods imported here. South Korea has also been aggressive in growing their economy so there are additional internal incentives for South Korean companies.

Am I saying that the Korean tractors are equal to anything else and it's only currency difference - no I am not. Every companies product has to stand on it's own two feet and has to be judged on the product and how it stands behind it.

There is value in the long established brands and rigorous dealer networks. The established brands are consolidating into fewer independent and more large multi location dealers. This is true for Kubota, Deere and CNH. The mega dealers tend to drive up retails with less competition within that particular brand but do generally give value in better service after the sale (larger dealerships / more employees / multi locations to choose from). The Korean brands don't have the network that Kubota / Deere / CNH do. The level of support is not as consistent. What they do have though is they can make good machinery and that machinery can be a heck of a value to the US consumer right now. It's all a give and take but lower retails for South Korean goods don't justify equating it to proportionally lower quality.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #72  
Haha. I mean yes kinda trolling. But also kinda not. I know people with lots of money like to buy green and orange simply for peace of mind, and that's fine.

But what is the equivalent tractor here to a TYM 4820 cab. An L4760 or MX5400? Both are nearly DOUBLE the price. 55 thousand instead of 30? I Mean, c'mon.
If you put the $25k saved by buying the TYM 4820 into an investment that made 7% per year, in 10 years you'd have $50k and a TYM... But the way kubota prices are going up, in 10 years, $50k might get you a kubota lawn tractor ;) So I guess you better buy your Kubota tractor now if you want one!

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502
If L4760 was $35k, I probably would have bought one, instead of the TYM.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #75  
Haha. I mean yes kinda trolling. But also kinda not. I know people with lots of money like to buy green and orange simply for peace of mind, and that's fine.

But what is the equivalent tractor here to a TYM 4820 cab. An L4760 or MX5400? Both are nearly DOUBLE the price. 55 thousand instead of 30? I Mean, c'mon.
Let's just assume the L2502 and the TYM T474H are the exact same price at the same dealership just so the dealership is not really an issue. Would you or anyone else rather pay the same for the K in order to get perceived quality and long term parts support or are those factors offset by getting a heavier tractor with nearly double the HP, mechanical injection and a simpler DPF.

some would buy the L2502 to avoid DPF. Granted. But if you can get a much more powerful tractor for the same money, is the K price really worth it?

And then the other question is how many K sales are driven by 0 percent financing?

Last edited:
   / Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #76  
I'm under the impression these high prices subsidize that 0 percent.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #77  
I bought my MX5400 in 2021 new for $32K. Open station, heavy duty bucket, filled tires, 3rd function, 2 rear remotes, QH15 quick attach.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #80  
I bought my MX5400 in 2021 new for $32K. Open station, heavy duty bucket, filled tires, 3rd function, 2 rear remotes, QH15 quick attach.

You could offer $32k cash for an MX today and I think they'd laugh you out of the store.

It's damn painful.