DPF problems..

/ DPF problems.. #42  
I was looking at new tractors this morning, specifically the JD3025, which is about the same physical size and has similar capabilities to my 1734e, but with a 24hp engine to skirt the EPA garbage. But then I see Massey has the new 1825e, which I guess is competing with the JD. Same size as my 1734e but with a 24hp diesel so that you don't have to deal with emissions.

Part of me wants to just tell the sales manager to make me a trade offer on a new 1825e (sucks that I'll have to have a payment again, but lesson learned, buying a new tractor these days doesn't net you decades of service as in days of yore; e.g. Farmall, Ford 9n, ect.). But then the other, hurt and now vindictive side of me says I ain't giving AGCO another dime of my hard earned money.

I don't know, I'll wait and see how they handle this ordeal before I make any rash decisions.
Can you make do with 25hp? That's quite a step down in power and presumably weight?

/ DPF problems.. #43  
Can always get it tuned out of the ECM or buy an emulator from overseas. Then either hollow out your current DPF or fab up a muffler in its place. No more issues then.

/ DPF problems..
Can you make do with 25hp? That's quite a step down in power and presumably weight?
To not deal with the aggravation and downtime and cost associated with the emissions, yes. I'll make due.

As long as the lift capabilites and size are close, then yes. I don't run too much as far as implements. Post hole digger. 60" finish mower. Mostly used to plow/disc and blade the drive way.

I watched a fella on YouTube run a square baler on a JD3025. 25 horse should be plenty.

/ DPF problems..
Can always get it tuned out of the ECM or buy an emulator from overseas. Then either hollow out your current DPF or fab up a muffler in its place. No more issues then.
Physically eliminating the DPF is actually quite simple on my machine. It's a square flange on one end, and a slip pipe on the othet. I can fab up the flange on a mill, and weld a section of 2"(?) Stainless pipe to it, and it's done.

The ECM on the other hand, that's beyond my expertise. And I have yet to find anyone selling a modified ECM or a tuner online.

/ DPF problems.. #47  
Yes, removing the can is one thing... Keeping the ECM from limping the engine is another. If it were easy, people would have done it. I've yet to see anyone do it, because the ECM is the problem with common rail injection

/ DPF problems.. #48  
Or no one admitting it?

/ DPF problems.. #50  
Every time I read about the T4 final woes, I thank my lucky stars I don't have that to deal with. Something about 100% mechanical injection makes me comfortable.

Never have had a fuel delivery issue with either of my large frame Kubota's and (hopefully) never will and both of them are pretty darn efficient on fuel usage as well.