Trailer question - skid steer

/ Trailer question - skid steer #31  
I went out and bought the very trailer that I said in the beginning of this thread that I believe I would look into, 22' Kaufman tilt deck with upgraded 8k axles and 17.5 tires and I am happy to say I don't miss the ramps on my equipment trailer at all.
20230828_104743.jpg
20230828_103329.jpg

/ Trailer question - skid steer #32  
I went out and bought the very trailer that I said in the beginning of this thread that I believe I would look into, 22' Kaufman tilt deck with upgraded 8k axles and 17.5 tires and I am happy to say I don't miss the ramps on my equipment trailer at all.View attachment 834051View attachment 834052

I bought a tilt trailer on a whim a couple years ago. It’s been great. I’ll probably never go back to a skid steer trailer with ramps.

/ Trailer question - skid steer #33  
I bought a tilt trailer on a whim a couple years ago. It’s been great. I’ll probably never go back to a skid steer trailer with ramps.
That makes two of us, while I got a lot of good years out of my equipment trailer and I was able to sell it for what I paid for it 17 years later I don't have any plans on hauling my skid steer on anything but my tilt deck trailer.

/ Trailer question - skid steer #34  
I went out and bought the very trailer that I said in the beginning of this thread that I believe I would look into, 22' Kaufman tilt deck with upgraded 8k axles and 17.5 tires and I am happy to say I don't miss the ramps on my equipment trailer at all.View attachment 834051View attachment 834052

Real nice. (y)
Smart to get 17.5’s They are super strong tires.
I have dual 17.5’s on my Kaufman and they show no signs of weakness even loaded real heavy.

/ Trailer question - skid steer #35  
Real nice. (y)
Smart to get 17.5’s They are super strong tires.
I have dual 17.5’s on my Kaufman and they show no signs of weakness even loaded real heavy.

I swapped 17.5s on mine. They’re better in every aspect than the 16”s I had to start with.
IMG_5809.JPG

/ Trailer question - skid steer #36  

Do you find it difficult to see the tips of your forks at all? I bought a set (42") for my compact tractor, similar is size to yours but find I can't see squat until I get about 2' off the ground. I find myself not using them and always go get my Bobcat if I need forks.

0614231534.jpg

/ Trailer question - skid steer #37  
I'd go with a hook lift trailer and get a second flafbed deck
1701083899279.jpeg

1701083926544.jpeg

1701083959219.jpeg

/ Trailer question - skid steer #38  
I had a hook lift f750 that we bought new, what a slick unit. Had a "can" and a flatbed. What we found out was for any meaningful load we needed another axle to be legal. While in the truck body place there was a brochure of the same "Stellar" hook on a GN that's been on my radar since
That's a nice trailer pictured above, an actual hook, where I see a lot of the smaller ones using a winch.

/ Trailer question - skid steer #39  
I had a hook lift f750 that we bought new, what a slick unit. Had a "can" and a flatbed. What we found out was for any meaningful load we needed another axle to be legal. While in the truck body place there was a brochure of the same "Stellar" hook on a GN that's been on my radar since
That's a nice trailer pictured above, an actual hook, where I see a lot of the smaller ones using a winch.
Check out some of the nice tri-axel and tandem wheel units

1701095656322.png

1701095668526.png

/ Trailer question - skid steer #40  
Do you find it difficult to see the tips of your forks at all? I bought a set (42") for my compact tractor, similar is size to yours but find I can't see squat until I get about 2' off the ground. I find myself not using them and always go get my Bobcat if I need forks.

View attachment 834171
They can be hard to see. I haven’t had too much trouble doing 99% of what I do with them. Forking a pile of brush to move it to a burn spot is easy.