Merry Christmas!

/ Merry Christmas! #21  
Merry Christmas everybody.

IMG_8541.jpeg

/ Merry Christmas!
Family, you got to love them, but I need to start smoking weed and chill at the family gatherings.

My wife, myself and my Mother in law (and my FIL when he was alive) are the only people in my wife's family who has this concept that if we're meeting at my MIL's at 3 PM to eat, you show up between 2-2:30 so you can start on time.

There is this other concept that if you have an hour drive to the MIL's and your gathering at 3PM to eat and you're just leaving your house at 3PM and won't get there until 4PM, you call to tell everyone you're running late. I mean do you run late for work or other appointments all your life?

We always take two cars, because with the dogs, we generally don't give them more than 5 hours alone so we can get them outside, added the generally eat around 5PM and I generally spend 3 hours at the inlaws while my wife will stay most of the day now with her mom.

Common sense and common courtesty.

After 20 years of NO ONE being on time other than me, my wife and in laws, I'm getting to the breaking point:mad: Christmas, Easter you name it, always this way.

I told my wife, new rule... Set a time to eat, that IS the time to eat and if you show up late, you can eat late. I told her we doing nothing more than enabling people to be inconsiderate.

My, how some family time can change the perspective:ROFLMAO:

I'm fighting to be more like Jesus...

Butthole rant off...

Again, Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
   / Merry Christmas! #24  
It took you 20 years to figure that rule out?!?!?!?

You are a much more patient man than I….

/ Merry Christmas!
It took you 20 years to figure that rule out?!?!?!?

You are a much more patient man than I….
My in laws always new it drove me crazy like it did them. I've always kept my mouth shut other than to my wife and my inlaws. I really do consider my in laws like my own parents.

I think the final straw was yesterday my MIL seemed disappointed at 3:20PM when no one was there other than my wife and myself. That said, at least the SIL called at 3PM to let her know she would be late (I still can figure out if you live an hour away, if you aren't leaving by 2PM, to call then).

However, one adult nephew didn't make it until 4PM with his girlfriend. The reaity is I guess he's learned from his mom, I don't know.

I did tell my MIL yesterday that if I would have gotten any of her sisters as my MIL not certain how long our marriage would have lasted because it seems my in laws have the brains and common sense in the family. FIL was a much better man than myself though as he knew when NOT to say anything LOL

/ Merry Christmas! #28  
Some people are just too sweet for their own good…..

Me….. 18 years ago I wouldnt have answered the door past 3:15……

/ Merry Christmas!
Most families have quarks* in them. Ours certainly does!

*can't find correct spelling?
Perhaps it's just me, but I don't see having a lack of common courtesey as being a quirk but as being just rude.

If you work at 8AM, do you show up for work at 8:30 or 9AM regularly? If you have an appointment for anything during the week, do you always show up 30 to 60 minutes late without calling notifying the other party that you're running late?

Perhaps it's just plain stupidity in not knowing how to plan your day per drive time? ;)

/ Merry Christmas!
Some people are just too sweet for their own good…..

Me….. 18 years ago I wouldnt have answered the door past 3:15……
Like I said, my FIL was a good man.

We thought things would be different this year because the basic waste of a human life brother in law was finally dumped by the SIL (woud never listen to her family, but had therapist from her church finally tell her after she got to know the guy in counseling).

I just told my wife from now own, the set time to eat is the set time to eat, no if's ands or butts.

We actually made the time later yesterday due to a newphews work schedule (not the one who showed up 60 minutes late, the one who showed up only like 20 minutes late).

It really has been this way for 20 years and after I saw my MIL kind of get depressed about it, I'm kind of no longer going to tolerate. That said, she loves her other daughters and grand children, so going on the warpath won't accomplish anything.

Like I said, if the SIL always always been late in her life for family gatherings, not certain how she can address it with her own adult kids now.