Merry Christmas!

/ Merry Christmas! #52  
My son got Covid a couple days before Christmas so we didn’t want to get others sick and just stayed home. My daughter will be here for New Years so we will all be together then. It finally got cold again so my fireplace looks like a lot of others.
IMG_2701.jpeg

/ Merry Christmas! #53  
Family, you got to love them, but I need to start smoking weed and chill at the family gatherings.
<snip>

Common sense and common courtesty.

After 20 years of NO ONE being on time other than me, my wife and in laws, I'm getting to the breaking point:mad: Christmas, Easter you name it, always this way.

I told my wife, new rule... Set a time to eat, that IS the time to eat and if you show up late, you can eat late. I told her we doing nothing more than enabling people to be inconsiderate.

<snip>
Again, Merry Christmas!
During my time teaching Army soldiers I fell into a bad habit of adopting one groups practice of "timeliness".
Their motto was something like "on time is late, be there 10 minutes early".
I've some relatives that are often late and always have excuses. Others who are on time. We've come to think of those with excuses as "special".
As in "special education", "special needs" etc.

/ Merry Christmas!
PM.png

This pic was sent to me this morning per the pic I posted here. Per my original picture, I actually sent it out to friends wishing them a Merry Christmas as well. This picture was is of Pilot Mountain, AKA Mt. Pilot from the Andy Griffith show. What looks like fire are actually clouds being reflected in the sunlight. Pretty cool pic.

And apologies about bitchin about family during this holiday season, not very Christian like.

/ Merry Christmas!
   / Merry Christmas! #57  
Perhaps I should be greatful that the only thing I find irritating with family is late arriving guests.
Those are the easy ones. When I was a cop the worst time of the year was Christmas Day because so many family gatherings turned sour.

/ Merry Christmas!
Those are the easy ones. When I was a cop the worst time of the year was Christmas Day because so many family gatherings turned sour.
Ironically enough the time was changed due to the one newphew being a cop and working 12 hour shifts.

He showed up late as well with no phone call in. Honestly, I expected more from a "responsible" LEO;)

When you tell someone you're going to be somewhere at a certain time, no matter what the meeting is for, if you know you're running late, you call it in IMO.

Don't get me wrong, when 1 out 4 shows up late, hey crap happens for anyone. When 4 out of 4 shows up late, I scratch my head.

To be truthfull, it hasn't been going on 20 years. My in laws have lived down here for only about 10 years NOT 20 years.