electric vehicles

/ electric vehicles #131  
I've had a Model 3 Tesla for 4 years. other than 1 set of tires, wiper blades and cabin air filter no other costs. Charge on solar so no fuel costs.
I never buy an ICE vehicle again

/ electric vehicles #132  
2001 run of the mill Toyota Corolla with auto, a/c, ps, pb, abs, side airbags, etc… honest 40+ mpg highway.

23 years no issues… oil changes, brake pads, tires, etc… no repairs

Last edited:
   / electric vehicles #133  
Amazing how the promoters of these electric vehicles have little regard for their own country and the amount of off shore parts & labor these vehicles contain. They also can be so easily regulated & shut off by the manufacturer or the gov____ment.

Most EV’s are loaded with Chinese components and China passed us as the #1 industrial power in the world.

Anyone care anymore?
Ford took a 30% discount on our parts and moved manufacturing from Canada/USA to China. I care. What can I do about it? Buy Japanese cars. FU Ford.

What can you do about it? Stop buying cheap Chinese crap from Amazone, Homedespot and Wallymart.

The government just legitimizes what big business wants to do...export your good paying jobs to slave labour overseas...then tax us citizens to make up the tax shortfall caused by corporate globalization.

/ electric vehicles #134  
I gotta call BS on that statement. Just because you don’t own an EV, doesn’t mean you can’t be extremely well informed and capable of a highly eductated opinion on them.

Tom Brady has a QB coach. Is his QB coach allowed to give him opinions about playing QB? Tiger Woods has a golf coach. Can Tiger’s golf coach give him opinions on golf?

Yes, I might. It would depend on how well versed you were on them. Perhaps you are a tractor engineer or designer. Or maybe you run a farm but cant drive tractors because of a health condition.
Or maybe you are a experienced tractor mechanic who repairs them.

I would value their opinions.
There are worlds of difference between an opinion based on experience, knowledge and technical expertise and a opinion based on nothing but a belief and knowledge received through propaganda.

/ electric vehicles #135  
2001 run of the mill Toyota Corolla with auto, a/c, ps, pb, etc… honest 40+ mpg highway.

23 years no issues… oil changes, brake pads, tires, etc… no repairs
And all that while driving in the stop, crawl along traffic on a California freeway. Okay if you say so.

/ electric vehicles #136  
I've had a Model 3 Tesla for 4 years. other than 1 set of tires, wiper blades and cabin air filter no other costs. Charge on solar so no fuel costs.
Did you buy it with any subsidies or tax incentives? If you did, good for you.
Not saying you did, but those who did cost taxpayers a lot of money.

/ electric vehicles #137  
Your solar system didn’t cost you anything?
I imagine it did. You paid for your electricity in advance.

/ electric vehicles #138  
Your solar system didn’t cost you anything?
I imagine it did. You paid for your electricity in advance.
And the solar power system may have been taxpayer subsidized as many are.

/ electric vehicles #140  
And all that while driving in the stop, crawl along traffic on a California freeway. Okay if you say so.

I don’t have any stop and go… unless there happens to be an accident.

I leave home at 3:30 am each work day and the only stop is left turn onto freeway.

I get off freeway and left turn into work parking lot…

No traffic to speak of at 3:30 am and average traffic at noon… even in the SF East Bay…