Why Can't Someone Make a Good 12' Batwing Cutter?

/ Why Can't Someone Make a Good 12' Batwing Cutter? #31  
I wouldn’t be surprised if there is one, but it would probably be an Italian mower of some kind.
What about a 15 footer that was factory changed to a 10 footer with on wing removed?
I know it’s 2 foot smaller than he wants, but it’ll be as heavy duty as they come.
Deere sells them that way.
Yea, my cousin cuts highway grass for the state and he uses those 1/2 batwing mowers. It's a must have for the setbacks and swales.

/ Why Can't Someone Make a Good 12' Batwing Cutter?

That actually looks like a pretty good cutter.

I like the separate hydraulics and foam filled aircraft tires too.

Like you, I drive tractors between projects and those laminated cutter tires don't do well on the road.

I may have to go see if the JD dealer has one on the lot for a closer look. (But I'm not a fan of the conglomerate, multi store JD dealer we have here.)

/ Why Can't Someone Make a Good 12' Batwing Cutter? #33  
That actually looks like a pretty good cutter.

I like the separate hydraulics and foam filled aircraft tires too.

Like you, I drive tractors between projects and those laminated cutter tires don't do well on the road.

I may have to go see if the JD dealer has one on the lot for a closer look. (But I'm not a fan of the conglomerate, multi store JD dealer we have here.)

You won’t have to deal with them much.
Those Deere mowers are something you buy and run for 10+ years before they need anything.
I don’t understand why they won’t offer a commercial duty 12’ mower, either.
But that Deere mower will probably serve you real well as long as you’re not cutting large saplings down with it.

/ Why Can't Someone Make a Good 12' Batwing Cutter?
You won’t have to deal with them much.
Those Deere mowers are something you buy and run for 10+ years before they need anything.
I don’t understand why they won’t offer a commercial duty 12’ mower, either.
But that Deere mower will probably serve you real well as long as you’re not cutting large saplings down with it.

Yeah, down here I don't use the 12' for brush cutting beyond an occasional small mesquite or huisache bush. Mostly just mowing for pasture management... dove weeds and broom weeds are a bane here, and people cut them before they go to seed.

I also see that JD cutter is made in Mexico. I'll bet Industrias Americas makes them for JD. They make solid stuff. I have an offset disc made by them, and can't fault it. Figure JD would not put their paint on it if is inferior in any way.

Last edited:
   / Why Can't Someone Make a Good 12' Batwing Cutter? #35  
Yeah, down here I don't use the 12' for brush cutting beyond an occasional small mesquite or huisache bush. Mostly just mowing for pasture management... dove weeds and broom weeds are a bane here, and people cut them before they go to seed.

I also see that JD cutter is made in Mexico. I'll bet Industrias Americas makes them for JD. They make solid stuff. I have an offset disc made by them, and can't fault it. Figure JD would put their paint on it if is inferior in any way.
Mine was made in both China and Mexico, which I disliked and distrusted, but have come to find out all mower gearboxes are made in China now and paint jobs from mexico are much better because they are still allowed to use all the chemicals that make paint last longer.

/ Why Can't Someone Make a Good 12' Batwing Cutter? #36  
Bush-Whacker makes a 12 foot batwing. Seen it a farm shows. They use to sell only to government but since most of your state right of ways are now contracted out they sell to public. Might be worth looking into.

/ Why Can't Someone Make a Good 12' Batwing Cutter? #38  
   / Why Can't Someone Make a Good 12' Batwing Cutter? #39  
@rockinbbar find you a Bush Hog 2212 Beefiest 12ft you’ll find

/ Why Can't Someone Make a Good 12' Batwing Cutter? #40  
I have a 2810 bush hog. It has no problem cutting grass and saplings eye level with me in the cab of my m5-111.