You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,971  
I was referring to a commercial made famous by a little ol lady that said. "Where's the beef"?

If you remember the commercial you would know the rest of the story.
Gee! Could you mean Wendy's?

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,972  
I went about 6.5 hours with a pressure washer Saturday doing the house, concrete steps, and sidewalks. OUCH on Sunday! :ROFLMAO:
For me, work one day like a bat outta heck and then take the next day off. It works.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,973  
I can remember PAY PHONES ON THE INTERSTATE..
Mom broke down once and sent ME walking until I found one.. she gave me A DIME to phone home to get DAD to come get us..
The pay phone didn’t work properly so I walked back to the car..
Mom gave me ANOTHER DIME and told me to “go back, call the operator and tell her what happened and it took your dime..”
I did.. and the operator connected the call.. Dad came and got us.. AND.. a few WEEKS LATER I got a letter addressed to me..pre-teen.. It was a letter from MaBell.. a check for 10 CENTS.!!!
1988 I was traveling up the interstate when I passed a woman on the side of the road with her hood up. At the time I believed thst that state police monitored channel 9 for emergency calls. They don't.
At the next exit I turned around, went back turned around again and pulled up behind her. She rolled her window down, said she'd been there quite a while and gave me a phone number to call. I got off the next exit again and tried to call but the line was busy. Taking the back way paralleling the interstate I hit every phone booth but the line was always busy. I'd been away working all week, and would be working all weekend. Finally with the interstate in sight and the line still busy I called the operator, explained the situation and asked if she could help. She broke into the conversation, and I delivered my message.
The woman said "we were wondering what was taking her so long", which leads to an obvious question; why in the HECK were you tying up the phone?

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,974  
I was referring to a commercial made famous by a little ol lady that said. "Where's the beef"?

If you remember the commercial you would know the rest of the story.
This is what ended her stint at Wendy's. :D

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,976  
I can remember PAY PHONES ON THE INTERSTATE..
Some interstates, I recall the Mass. Pike being one of them, had these radio call boxes on the side of the road every few miles where you could summon help if you had a breakdown. Not sure when they disappeared, but I'm pretty sure it was before cellphones became common.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,977  
Back then she was looking for just one burger patty. At some places these days it is hard to find a burger with just one patty. Rather than "where's the beef?", today it is "there's too much beef!" as far as my tastes are concerned.
No such thing as too much beef IMHO, though I do wish 5 Guys' buns were a little less flimsy. Haven't been in a Wendy's in ages, they don't really have much of a presence around here. Only one I know of offhand is in Newport, Vt, and it's awful.
And social media is outraged over price hikes, layoffs and automation as if fast food has margins to cover the added costs.
Probably the same ones who demanded $15 minimum wage are the ones complaining about the price hikes.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,980  
You know your old when the minimum hourly wage equals your first daily wage for 8 hours.
/meant first daily wage outside the home that you paid taxes on

Last edited: