loader float

/ loader float #21  
Ted, I so glad I'm finally getting back to you! foolishly I allowed an experienced (???) tractor guy try to get the 445C out of the mud. (I'm 90, can't walk and went back to house) Found loader into the clay mud. engine turn over but struggled to start. loader no response. I jacked up loader and engine improved. The higher the better the engine. I put it in forward slight clunk revved it up and wheels didn't react. might be clutch. Is there an adjustment I can try? I live on the 1st floor, so jumping out of the window won't help!
My guess is the front loader valve. Get that fixed and then work on tractor movement. Wish I was close I would help you. I don’t jump out windows

/ loader float
Fred, when you chained the backhoe to the loader and activated the backhoe, I assume the backhoe moved, was working.

Did you move the loader lift valve at the same time you were trying to pick the loader up with the backhoe so that the loader cylinders could transfer oil out of the top of the cylinders?
The backhoe works as expected. The loader is on float. I jacked up the bucket a couple inches at great effort and now the engine runs without strain.

/ loader float #24  
So you said that the loader lever will not come out of float, right? Perhaps it is actually stuck in between float and powering the bucket down, which is putting a load on the hydraulic system, bleeding off some of the necessary pressure to fully apply the clutch. That's the only other thing I can think of. Some evidence points in that direction if it was cranking with difficulty as you mentioned also.

/ loader float #25  
Mike, thanks for responding. As I disassemble the loader control valve, what do I look for?
Probably something stuck and not moving, a spool. It is loading the pump making it difficult to start. Either the valve or the remote cables if it has that. Your getting close!

/ loader float #27  
Hire a young kid to dig the bucket out on the sides and front... then try to operate the loader. It may just be sucked into the mud without enough lifting force available to set it free.

/ loader float #28  
suggestion, disconnect the upper hoses on the curl rams and tie off into a bucket(to catch the oil as loader bucket rotates ) then use the backhoe to drag your self onto the grass. Then sort the trans issue, and the loader issue.

/ loader float #29  
suggestion, disconnect the upper hoses on the curl rams and tie off into a bucket(to catch the oil as loader bucket rotates ) then use the backhoe to drag your self onto the grass. Then sort the trans issue, and the loader issue.
Question Redman. How would it help him to move it?

/ loader float #30  
Mike1955, the loader bucket is "locked" in position by the hydraulic curl cylinders. Disconnecting the upper curl cylinder hoses will unlock the rams allowing them to retract and the loader bucket to rotate flat and then slide on the ground as to OP drags himself out with the backhoe.
The bucket is to catch the oil displaced by the retracting rams.