loader float

/ loader float #11  
Fred, DON'T JUMP!
There is no clutch adjustment, it's just a switch. When clutch is depressed, it shuts the controller off. If the pedal is out of adjustment, there is no connection to the transmission.

Like I said, not sure what is going on other than the transmission is low on oil or the torque converter flex plate may have broken, which would make a clunk, but only guessing

/ loader float
Most spool valves for front end loader boom control were designed to push control valve spool fully forward to engage float position. I would think with tractor engine operating one could use tractors hyd system to raise bucket out of the mud.
Loader hydraulic not working! suggestions?

/ loader float
Fred, DON'T JUMP!
There is no clutch adjustment, it's just a switch. When clutch is depressed, it shuts the controller off. If the pedal is out of adjustment, there is no connection to the transmission.

Like I said, not sure what is going on other than the transmission is low on oil or the torque converter flex plate may have broken, which would make a clunk, but only guessing
Actually there is no clunk just the normal gentle bump. It goes into gear but does not respond to rpms. also no response whatever from the loader controls. I attached a chain from the loader, over the roll over to the backhoe to no avail chain is a tight as a pipe --- nothing. I don't want to break something else.
PS I budge the backhoe controls with a ten-foot pole.

/ loader float #14  
I take it you've already checked the hydraulic oil level to be sure you didn't spring a leak and pump it all out into the mud? Is the backhoe working normally? Or also dead?

/ loader float
I take it you've already checked the hydraulic oil level to be sure you didn't spring a leak and pump it all out into the mud? Is the backhoe working normally? Or also dead?
Eric this is what I wrote to Ted, :(Actually there is no clunk just the normal gentle bump. It goes into gear but does not respond to rpms. also, no response whatever from the loader controls. I attached a chain from the loader, over the roll over to the backhoe to no avail chain is a tight as a pipe --- nothing. I don't want to break something else.
PS I budge the backhoe controls with a ten-foot pole.)
Fluids are topped off.

/ loader float #16  
Fred, when you chained the backhoe to the loader and activated the backhoe, I assume the backhoe moved, was working.

Did you move the loader lift valve at the same time you were trying to pick the loader up with the backhoe so that the loader cylinders could transfer oil out of the top of the cylinders?

/ loader float #17  
What is the backhoe on your 445C and how is it powered? Is it tied onto the tractor hydraulics or is it PTO driven

/ loader float
Fred, when you chained the backhoe to the loader and activated the backhoe, I assume the backhoe moved, was working.

Did you move the loader lift valve at the same time you were trying to pick the loader up with the backhoe so that the loader cylinders could transfer oil out of the top of the cylinders?
I have the loader on float. I dont move anything on loader while operating backhoe. I operate the backhoe remotely with along pole. A couple lesser chains snaped. The backhoe is a ford series 764

Attachments

• tractor in mud 1..jpg
    tractor in mud 1..jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 166
  • tractor in mud 2..jpg
    tractor in mud 2..jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 168
   / loader float #19  
Ohhh, that's not mud anymore. You're buried. The front bucket not working with a full oil reservoir is a little puzzling if the backhoe is working and running from the same hydraulic system. Maybe you've got some crud in the loader valve? Are you certain that you're not just hitting the relief? But then again, you said the wheels aren't spinning when you're in gear, which leads me back to a probable hydraulic pressure issue. In first gear you should be able to spin the wheels easily unless something is wrong with hydraulic pressure or shift solenoid activation. Does the backhoe have a good, normal power level or is it sluggish?

/ loader float #20  
What Erik said plus the chain is not going to do much at that angle. I would try to lift the back end out of the mud with the backhoe and try to drag it backwards with the loader bucket in curl (use a bungee to hold ot in curl) and the loader lift in float. Solve one problem at a time.

Also, loader detent may be sticking valve. Can you verify if the loader stick is actually moving the valve spools?

Last edited: