loader float

/ loader float
Mike1955, the loader bucket is "locked" in position by the hydraulic curl cylinders. Disconnecting the upper curl cylinder hoses will unlock the rams allowing them to retract and the loader bucket to rotate flat and then slide on the ground as to OP drags himself out with the backhoe.
The bucket is to catch the oil displaced by the retracting rams.
Everyone has made good suggestions. I will disconnect the curl and try to drag it, if it doesn't rain for at least a week. The road in is either hard clay or mud.

/ loader float #32  
Everyone has made good suggestions. I will disconnect the curl and try to drag it, if it doesn't rain for at least a week. The road in is either hard clay or mud.
Fred that is what I think an incomplete suggestion. If you take that route, then at least put a plug in the line you remove. Otherwise it be an oily mess

/ loader float
Fred that is what I think an incomplete suggestion. If you take that route, then at least put a plug in the line you remove. Otherwise it be an oily mess
Thanks Mike, but my brain is in a tangle of sorts. If I plug the hyd hose, I don't think the piston will move one way or the other. However, since the loader is in float mode, it should be free to move. Am I right?

/ loader float #34  
Fred Saas, Mike 1955 is right. I forgot to say to plug the TRACTOR side of the curl line. Drain the cylinder side into the bucket.
Good Luck.

/ loader float #35  
Thanks Mike, but my brain is in a tangle of sorts. If I plug the hyd hose, I don't think the piston will move one way or the other. However, since the loader is in float mode, it should be free to move. Am I right?
No sir I don’t think that is correct. Once you take the hoses off it don’t matter. I wish I lived closer I would assist you. I’m not sure I would take this route but I’m not standing there looking at it. I believe I would trouble shoot it and fix it. I’ll bet it’s going to be a simple fix. Sir good luck

/ loader float
Fred Saas, Mike 1955 is right. I forgot to say to plug the TRACTOR side of the curl line. Drain the cylinder side into the bucket.
Good Luck.
Y'all seem to be adamant about something I don't quite follow you I have a simple loader system on my 445C industrial model here is the layout. I think I just lift the loader bucket, which is on float, then tow it all out. If it is necessary to disconnect some lines, I will plug everything exposed.

Attachments

• loader hyd system.jpg
    loader hyd system.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 47
   / loader float #37  
Fred,

That is just the loader hydraulic system. I'm working on what I think the system looks like with the backhoe. Do you have a book on the 764 backhoe that might show it? Or does someone here on the site have one?
I am thinking that a quick coupler came off or separated (maybe not all the way) and is not allowing flow to the loader.

The flow comes from the front mounted pump to the backhoe, then from there to the loader. There also is probably a relief valve after the backhoe to the loader that is popping off if the coupler is disconnected.

/ loader float #38  
Hi Fred,
Where are you located? I’ll come give you a hand if in the northeast.

/ loader float
Hi Fred,
Where are you located? I’ll come give you a hand if in the northeast.
Dunno, that is one heck of an offer! This forum has the best people yet. that has always been the way of farmers ---- earth people. I live in Alabama across the bay from Pensacola Florida on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico.

/ loader float #40  
Fred,
A little far for me to come from New Hampshire. Was stationed at P’cola, nice area. Best of luck getting it sorted out.