Hydraulic Top Link

/ Hydraulic Top Link #31  
EZ-HITCH said:
So exactly what size would you all suggest? A 3" cylinder, with how much stroke movement? For me this will go on a 4200 Kubota and I can cut up my old top link and weld the ends on the hydraulic.

As I had stated in my other reply, mine is a 2 1/2" bore and does just dandy with my heavy duty use (abuse?) but it is the rod diameter that is more important. A 2" bore or even a 1" bore would be plenty of hydraulics as long as the rod is strong enough not to bend or break, especially if you use a long stroke cylinder and operate it extended out alot. My cylinder has an 8" stroke and I'll bet I don't have it extended out much over 5" 95% of the time for all implements. Only on rare occasion have I fully extended it with the boxblade to get some real serious tilt for various reasons and this is where a smaller rod would be likely to bend or break. The only implement I have that I can't use this toplink on is my MF 2 bottom plow - It requires a much longer toplink and I don't plow enough to warrant making another cylinder up just for it.

/ Hydraulic Top Link #32  
Dougster said:
Hi Brian - Thanks very much for the very generous offer, but I'm gonna pass for now. I really wouldn't feel right about it without paying for it (which I'm not quite in a great position to do right now).

! :)

Dougster

Please keep in mind that the offer stands for as long as the hydraulic is available. Might be a week or two, could be years, hard to tell.

/ Hydraulic Top Link #33  
MtnViewRanch said:
Please keep in mind that the offer stands for as long as the hydraulic is available. Might be a week or two, could be years, hard to tell.
Now I might need another smaller favor from you someday... like some leftover blue paint maybe???... but no way I'm gonna accept outright charity on anything like this when it comes to my business. It's just not right. :eek:

I do appreciate your serious generosity, but I'll pass on this one. :)

Dougster

/ Hydraulic Top Link #34  
Dougster said:
Now I might need another smaller favor from you someday... like some leftover blue paint maybe???... but no way I'm gonna accept outright charity on anything like this when it comes to my business. It's just not right. :eek:

I do appreciate your serious generosity, but I'll pass on this one. :)

Dougster

Ok, you win this one.;)

/ Hydraulic Top Link #35  
MtnViewRanch said:
Ok, you win this one.;)
Tell you what: I'll take two jars of peanut butter (one smooth, one crunchy) if you really feel like giving away part of your fortune! :D

Dougster

/ Hydraulic Top Link
Received my hydraulic top link from Carter and Carter. It was easy to install and works like a dream. I don't know why I waited so long to make this investment.

Attachments

• Top Link e.jpg
    Top Link e.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 359
   / Hydraulic Top Link #37  
Compact1 said:
Received my hydraulic top link from Carter and Carter. It was easy to install and works like a dream. I don't know why I waited so long to make this investment.

Next get the side link and you will be all set.:D

/ Hydraulic Top Link #38  
MtnViewRanch said:
Next get the side link and you will be all set.:D
Yeah, I agree with Brian.
Better yet, get two hydraulic side links (although one will do). Once you find how easy your new Top link makes life, you'll want the same ease of adjustment for the side links. Not just for working the implements, but it makes hook up much easier too.

/ Hydraulic Top Link #39  
3RRL said:
Yeah, I agree with Brian. Better yet, get two hydraulic side links (although one will do). Once you find how easy your new Top link makes life, you'll want the same ease of adjustment for the side links. Not just for working the implements, but it makes hook up much easier too.
It never really ends... does it? :) There is always one thing more to buy! ;)

Dougster

/ Hydraulic Top Link #40  
This is prolly a stupid question because I don't even have my tractor yet (tomorrow, unless some other craziness happens). But how are the top links controlled? Is there a lever back there somewhere. The blue pic (Compact1) above is the one I'm looking at.:confused:

Don't get me wrong, I know I need one, and a couple of side ones too, and at least one each of all implements made :D