Quick Connect Fitting Help

/ Quick Connect Fitting Help #1  

CHDinCT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25, Z422-KW
I just finished adding dual rear remotes to my Kubota BX and now I'm working on adding a hydraulic top link. I would like to configure one from parts, probably Surplus Center, to compare to what it would cost to get a CCM top link with DPCV.

I think I've identified all of the surplus center parts I would need including a swivel eye 1.5" cylinder (length still in debate), fittings and hoses, except for which male quick connect would work with the Kubota supplied female quick connect. The QC supplied with the remote kit is a "SNAP TITE 72 Series". This is etched on the QC. I googled this but couldn't find any specs on it other than it meets ISO 7241-1 Series B standards, whatever that is.

Here is the hydaulic hose I'm looking at. It has 1/4" male NPT ends.

Burden Sales Surplus Center Item Detail

Any help with identifying what male QC would fit this hose and existing female QC would be appreciated - I ain't no hydraulic fitting expert by any stretch. Thanks

/ Quick Connect Fitting Help #2  
CHDinCT,

I plan on adding the same rear remotes to my 2350 this summer. Same plans for a top link too. For fittings you might try the link below. There are several catalogs you can download and maybe compare to the Snap Tite ones you have. Let us all know what you come up with. Also google Parker hydraulic fittings. They have catalogs too. Also check some of the site sponsors for links to catalogs.

Good luck,

kj

Product Literature > Discount Hydraulic Hose.com

/ Quick Connect Fitting Help
Kubota-guy, I clicked that link but instead of getting the fitting chart ($5.95), I saw a link on the left side for quick connects. Under that was a sub link for ISO 7241-1 Series B quick connects. Seems these would be the one's I'd be needing. Any other thoughts out there, let me know.

Thanks

ISO 7241-1B Hydraulic Quick Disconnects

Using the Discount Hyd Hose.com pic, I found this male QC on the Surplus Center site. Can't say for sure by the spec's, but looks to be a visual match. Would be easier to order all from one site if I can. Anybody use this with a BX female QC?

/ Quick Connect Fitting Help #5  
The way I did it was get the male plug from the dealer you got the female couplers from then get your hose to match that, anywhere that makes hose will be able to connect that male plug with their hose, using one of their many types of fittings that they stock.

Seems like your trying to find a male QC to match a specific hose end, the hose is the easy part, start with the matching male plug.

Good luck, JB.

JB, thanks - good idea. I may be going to the dealer on Friday so I can see what they have that matches. First thing was to try to figure out what it would cost to put together from parts as a baseline cost to evaluate a CCM or other solution.

/ Quick Connect Fitting Help #7  

Attachments

• DSCN3300.jpg
    DSCN3300.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 1,696
  • DSCN3376.JPG
    DSCN3376.JPG
    987.5 KB · Views: 719

JB, nice thread. I think I did read that one a while back. And nice HTL set up. I did get to my local dealer and it took them a while but they found the right male quick connect fittings so I picked up four of those even though I'm just adding the HTL for now. Not sure what I'll use the second set of remotes for at this point, but I'll have the correct fittings when/if the time comes.

/ Quick Connect Fitting Help #9  
I bought a swivel eye cylinder from Surplus Center for my B7100:
https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009040617542246&item=9-7258-10
It works fine, but I can't tilt with it. There isn't enough length between the swivel eye hole and the body of the cylinder. I had to put the rod end up at the tractor, and the body end in the implement, all of mine have enough clearance that the body of the cylinder goes partially between the mounts on all my implements, and provides no room for it to angle when tiling the implement. This is OK is you are not going to use tilt at all. This is how mine is currently configured. I have the top and tilt cylinders on order with CCM now and will probably sell this cylinder. BTW, I got the 10" X 1.5". It is 17 1/4" retracted, and 27 1/4" extended. The outside diameter of the body is 2". Make sure that all your implements have at least that much room at the top pin mounting location, or this cylinder will not work for you.

As for your hydraulic question, if you have a 3/8 quick coupler on your remotes, you'll need this size for your hose. Just buy a 3/8 X 1/4 bushing to mount it on your hose.

I use the following couplers:
https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009040617450375&item=9-7381&catname=hydraulic

Use the following bushing to put the male coupler on your 1/4" hose:
https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009040617450375&item=9-5406-6-4&catname=hydraulic

If you use the swivel-eye 1.5" dia cylinder from surplus center, you'll need one the following fittings to connect to the cylinder:
https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009040617450375&item=9-6900-6-4&catname=hydraulic

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009040617450375&item=9-6901-6-4&catname=hydraulic

Good luck with your project.

Regards,
Jay

I just finished adding dual rear remotes to my Kubota BX and now I'm working on adding a hydraulic top link. I would like to configure one from parts, probably Surplus Center, to compare to what it would cost to get a CCM top link with DPCV.

I think I've identified all of the surplus center parts I would need including a swivel eye 1.5" cylinder (length still in debate), fittings and hoses, except for which male quick connect would work with the Kubota supplied female quick connect. The QC supplied with the remote kit is a "SNAP TITE 72 Series". This is etched on the QC. I googled this but couldn't find any specs on it other than it meets ISO 7241-1 Series B standards, whatever that is.

Here is the hydaulic hose I'm looking at. It has 1/4" male NPT ends.

Any help with identifying what male QC would fit this hose and existing female QC would be appreciated - I ain't no hydraulic fitting expert by any stretch. Thanks