Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None.

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #1  

k0ua

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kioti DK35se Hydrostat
I am getting ready to run some hydraulic hoses to out on the FEL torque tube area, to get ready for a future grapple. I notice that Ted from EA says to just Ty-wrap them down a bit, and let them flop on the ends. I have seen several of the guys installs with nice brackets and the fittings solidly fixed to the bracket. The installation seems neater, but is there a drawback to doing this? Why does Ted prefer to leave them loose? Any downsides to either way? Opinions wanted.

Thanks

James K0UA

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #2  
I am getting ready to run some hydraulic hoses to out on the FEL torque tube area, to get ready for a future grapple. //snip//

Thanks

James K0UA

Holy Batman. A GRAPPLE? Envy is oozing out every pore of my rather large imposing stature. So James, has Mrs. K0UA blessed this sacred event, or is this a sneak attack / classified operation?? Haha!!

Can't answer your question with any knowledge, so I won't even try.

Grapple dreams for me tonight....

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #3  
Zip ties equal fast, easy & cheap. It works, but, well, it works. :mickeymouse: A QD mount is clean and permanent. :thumbsup: But then the hoses need to be the right length and the mount needs to be installed in the right place, more things to get right and it is easier to just zip tie and be done.

Both work, your choice which one your more comfortable with. ;)

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None.
Zip ties equal fast, easy & cheap. It works, but, well, it works. :mickeymouse: A QD mount is clean and permanent. :thumbsup: But then the hoses need to be the right length and the mount needs to be installed in the right place, more things to get right and it is easier to just zip tie and be done.

Both work, your choice which one your more comfortable with. ;)

yeah I see you points.. I still haven't decided.. I can fab up a mount, but I am not sure what I want to do..I am willing to listen to what others have to say.

Holy Batman. A GRAPPLE? Envy is oozing out every pore of my rather large imposing stature. So James, has Mrs. K0UA blessed this sacred event, or is this a sneak attack / classified operation?? Haha!!

Can't answer your question with any knowledge, so I won't even try.

Grapple dreams for me tonight....

Yes she knows about it.. I haven't ordered it yet, but working that way. But heck I have all the hoses and fittings now... to far, to turn back:cool2:

By the way, she has her own callsign.. KA0NXI.

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #6  
James, I just recently built a bucket and grapple for my tractor. I made coupler brackets that bolt to the hydraulic hard line cover on the torque tube. Its well worth the small amount of time and money to make it solid and not have to fight zip ties. I havent had the time to try out the grapple yet but have a feeling that its going to be handy here an there. My .02 cents.
Steve

A1.jpg K1.JPG M1.JPG bracket.JPG

Thanks for your comments Steve, that looks nice and neat.

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #8  
James, dont forget to came back and post pictures when your done. Looking forward to see what you get for a grapple.

James, dont forget to came back and post pictures when your done. Looking forward to see what you get for a grapple.

still saving the pennies steve, but headed toward the EA Wicked grapple with the single lid at this point.

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #10  
I bought my hose kit from MIE and it has a L-bracket on the front tube so the fittings point out.