Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None.

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None.
Good job James! How much you got into it?

$150 and some time. The metal was free! Thanks to old Kubota.! .. Oh gawd.. I just realize I have a half breed tractor now.:shocked: :D

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #22  
James, I don't think that you are going to find a jam nut for the NPT. :( It's to late now, but for others what works really good is to thread the bracket by using a NPT tap and run it all the way through. Thread the hose end through until snug. Then put the QD end on and you're all nice and tight.

What I would do for your current conditions would be to use a 90 degree female swivel-1/2" male NPT. Use a crushable washer to take up the slack that the swivel would leave without the washer. The QDs will be pointing forward, and that may not be what you want. You could use a straight adapter, but then you are going to be out a ways from the mount.

Good luck with whatever it is that you decide to do. ;)

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #23  
$150 and some time. The metal was free! Thanks to old Kubota.! .. Oh gawd.. I just realize I have a half breed tractor now.:shocked: :D

OH Oh, I paid 350$ for mine so you did $%^#$% good!

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None.
James, I don't think that you are going to find a jam nut for the NPT. :( It's to late now, but for others what works really good is to thread the bracket by using a NPT tap and run it all the way through. Thread the hose end through until snug. Then put the QD end on and you're all nice and tight.

What I would do for your current conditions would be to use a 90 degree female swivel-1/2" male NPT. Use a crushable washer to take up the slack that the swivel would leave without the washer. The QDs will be pointing forward, and that may not be what you want. You could use a straight adapter, but then you are going to be out a ways from the mount.

Good luck with whatever it is that you decide to do. ;)

I am working on it in my little pea brain right now.:).. I didn't have the 1/2 NPT tap.. I suppose I could have bought one.. I did make the metal thicker by welding 2 pieces of the Kubota metal together on the edges.. (Tig'ed) but I screwed up the measuring. I am thinking about making a U shaped shim for each. Brian, let me ask you this.. why do the connectors have to be rigid anyway?I still have something to push against, and they still look pretty good.

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #25  
I am working on it in my little pea brain right now.:).. I didn't have the 1/2 NPT tap.. I suppose I could have bought one.. I did make the metal thicker by welding 2 pieces of the Kubota metal together on the edges.. (Tig'ed) but I screwed up the measuring. I am thinking about making a U shaped shim for each. Brian, let me ask you this.. why do the connectors have to be rigid anyway?I still have something to push against, and they still look pretty good.

They don't have to be, just normally what is done. I was just now thinking though, get the crush washers that I mentioned and use them with what you have now. Cheap and easy. :cool:

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #27  
View attachment 326292View attachment 326291View attachment 326293View attachment 326294View attachment 326295View attachment 326296View attachment 326297Well here is what I did. I run the hoses, made a bracket from part of the Old Kubota Pin on bucket parts. Welded up a double thickness of metal. and welded it to the cover that covers the cross over steel lines on the torque tube.. (If course I took it off). Dressed everything down so there would not be any sharp edges and painted

You cannot use any kind of bolts, as there is no clearance underneath this cover, so welding was the way. I had the thickness of the metal all figured out so that the quick connector would be tightened up and snug up against the metal, but that did work out.. I measured wrong. now I need to see if there is some kind of NPTF jamb nut I can buy. Or let them be loose on the bracket.

Things to think about in hind sight: I could have used 3/8 hoses and quick couplers, and used 3/8 to 1/2 inch adaptors at each end. instead of using 1/2 inch hoses. My thinking at the time was if I wanted to run a hydraulic motor at the front, I would have full flow with the 1/2 inch. Maybe still a good idea and maybe not. The 1/2 inch hoses are big and heavy. But I dressed them OK. I used 1/2 inch 100R16 4000psi hose from surplus center. The quick connects and right angle adapters came from Discount Hydraulics. Here are the pix.

You just need some bulkhead fittings for your bracket.

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #28  
Another option is to get a large spring hose mount similar to what Everything Attaches sells.

This kit allows you to re route the hoses on your tractor so they don't get pinched off by your bucket movement

Right now my hoses are run along the boom using weld on hose clamps, and then the last 2 feet is loose. For now I just tie it to the round cross tube with some 1/4" braided line. Tight when not in use, slack when in use. I've found that at full dump the hoses need a bit of slack.

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #29  
Now we know why ETA just leaves the ends loose. :laughing:

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #30  
That spring is really over priced at $60.00
It should be about $20.00
Any one have a cheaper source??