Iseki TX1500 - no drive to rear wheels

/ Iseki TX1500 - no drive to rear wheels #61  
Thanks so much for the photos, and congrats on getting her up and running again! You really have a great looking Iseki, and while the 4wd can be nice at times, for the better part of the last century, most tractors were 2wd. I really wish that we had the parts surplus that you have in the UK, but I guess that doesn't make the parts less expensive. Great job with the rebuild, and glad to here that your tractors up and running like new again!

/ Iseki TX1500 - no drive to rear wheels
Thanks Mitch, been a while since I've been on here, so busy up til now with non-tractor based work! I actually have two Iseki tractors now, the 1500 and now a TX1300F with a front loader. The 1300 is not in great condition, but mostly just needs some fairly easy service and cosmetic work - and new tyres and hyd hoses. Everything works though and its in use most days. At the moment I have the luxury of one tractor kitted out for paddock work and the other with just the loader! Won't last though as I'm selling the TX1500, which is a shame as its by far the nicer tractor but the FEL on the 1300 is just so useful. Have some 1300F issues for you, but will start a new thread on that.

Dan

/ Iseki TX1500 - no drive to rear wheels #63  
Hi Dan,

Thinking outside the box, just wondering if it may have been possible to get the diff out through the side of the main housing without having to split the whole thing down? The reason I ask is that the Japanese do occasionally come up with some good ideas to aid servicing/repair, rather than build a machine for ease of production building.

/ Iseki TX1500 - no drive to rear wheels
Hi Marcle,

Not through the side but out the top should have been possible (although I would need to go and look at it again to refresh the memory). But even then, you still have to strip off the brakes, axles, etc - so probably a longer job than just swapping the entire transaxle.

Eventually I'll recondition the transaxle I took off, so I'll tell you then!

Enjoying reading through your micro generation pages.

/ Iseki TX1500 - no drive to rear wheels #65  
Thanks fxrs55, This post helped me to fix a problem on my G174. Apparently, the diff on it is at least very similar if not the same.