Iseki TX1500 - no drive to rear wheels

/ Iseki TX1500 - no drive to rear wheels
   / Iseki TX1500 - no drive to rear wheels #42  
Thanks Dan that worked fine

Hope things are progressing with getting your 1500 back up and running. Interesting you seem to have found some parts suppliers in the UK - maybe you could post details if you get a chance

Peter

/ Iseki TX1500 - no drive to rear wheels #43  
Dan,
Hope you guys are doing well across the pond! Dan, that great that you found a replacement transaxle! There does seem to be a lot more of these tractors in the U.K./Scotland. I often look at ebay in the UK for parts. The US has pretty strict import laws regarding these tractors because of lawsuits filled by large tractor companies attempting to stop the import of grey market tractors due to a fear that they have regarding injury related lawsuits for the branded tractors that were intended for the asian markets. Iseki's seem to be an exception however because Iseki currently does not sell Iseki branded tractor in the US new. They do manufacture some of the tractors and equiptment for New Holland, and Cat Challenger tractors. I am having a heck of a time trying to find the tow hitch that mounts below the PTO shaft. I keep cheking both the American and UK eBay sites. Anyways, I hope that the project comes out well! Let me know if you need any of the service manual pages, and I will post them, or send them to you.

Peter,

I have the service manual, and the older parts catalogue can be found online, however finding the parts from it can be tricky sometimes. ftp://ftp.rapid.ch/Iseki/Traktoren - tracteurs - trattori - tractors/TX/
There is a parts dealer in Israel on eBay that I recently ordered parts from, and they took a few weeks, but he seems to have quite a few parts, and you can reference the part numbers with him. This is his site on eBay, and he said that he has other parts not listed: esof | eBay

Hope all else is well with you guys!

/ Iseki TX1500 - no drive to rear wheels #44  
Hi Mitch

many thanks as ever for all your help snow is finally melting and we are hoping the ground will dry out so we can rotavate/till and get some planting done
I've ended up importing various bits and pieces from the USA because i simply can't find them here which is really frustrating Ironically even having to pay the VAT
on imports some things are cheaper to get from the States because the base price is cheaper; I despair sometimes that we just don't seem to make anything here anymore

Anyway sermon over..... Mitch is it the hitch part thats attached to/part of the tractor that you're after? I spend a good deal of time 'researching' stuff on the Internet so if I come across
anything I'll let you know

Peter

/ Iseki TX1500 - no drive to rear wheels #45  
Thanks Mitch, I've found a couple closer to home. Apparently the UK is pretty flush with parts for these little tractors, just not advertised online very much. Hopefully I'll have a replacement transaxle here in the next week or so and get back on the paddock.

Maybe you can help with the post looking for the PTO output shaft for the TS1610?

Yes you are right, I'll start a separate thread.

/ Iseki TX1500 - no drive to rear wheels #47  
Hi,

Sorry for the late response! I have been very busy this week, and I hope that springs going great for you! That would be great if you would be able to let me know if you come across this part some day! I have been looking for quite some time, and I have not had any luck. I am looking for the hitch that attaches just below the PTO shaft where you attach a trailer. Below are the photos of the hitch that I need. When I bought the tractor, it had a very roughly constructed hitch, that I would not trust towing a trailer with. I have been using the 3point lift arms with a draw bar attached, however this makes me concerned because It really extends beyond my center of gravity, and makes the front end of the tractor lift if I have too heavy of a trailer attached. Anyways, that would be great if wouldn't mind keeping an eye out! The hitch is item #1 on the list, and the diagram.Thanks again!

314056d1366518289-iseki-tx1500-no-drive-rear-hitch.jpg
314055d1366518286-iseki-tx1500-no-drive-rear-hitch1.jpg

hitch1.jpghitch.jpg

Dan,
Hope you guys are doing well across the pond! Dan, that great that you found a replacement transaxle! There does seem to be a lot more of these tractors in the U.K./Scotland. I often look at ebay in the UK for parts. The US has pretty strict import laws regarding these tractors because of lawsuits filled by large tractor companies attempting to stop the import of grey market tractors due to a fear that they have regarding injury related lawsuits for the branded tractors that were intended for the asian markets. Iseki's seem to be an exception however because Iseki currently does not sell Iseki branded tractor in the US new. They do manufacture some of the tractors and equiptment for New Holland, and Cat Challenger tractors. I am having a heck of a time trying to find the tow hitch that mounts below the PTO shaft. I keep cheking both the American and UK eBay sites. Anyways, I hope that the project comes out well! Let me know if you need any of the service manual pages, and I will post them, or send them to you.

Peter,

I have the service manual, and the older parts catalogue can be found online, however finding the parts from it can be tricky sometimes. ftp://ftp.rapid.ch/Iseki/Traktoren - tracteurs - trattori - tractors/TX/
There is a parts dealer in Israel on eBay that I recently ordered parts from, and they took a few weeks, but he seems to have quite a few parts, and you can reference the part numbers with him. This is his site on eBay, and he said that he has other parts not listed: esof | eBay

Hope all else is well with you guys!

Hi All, been real busy lately so unable to post, but I finally got the replacement transaxle on Friday and spent Saturday night and Sunday morning doing the swap. Will try to tell the story in pictures.

2013-05-11 08.54.52.jpg

Above is the old transaxle almost ready for removal, all hardware removed including the PTO case. I meant to take a picture of the removal of the PTO case - attached to the through gearbox shaft are two press fit bearings, you need to take these off with a bearing puller - otherwise the transaxle won't pull out over the shaft.

2013-05-11 09.52.35.jpg

Just thought I'd show my method of removing the transaxle with a trolley - just rope it on and go. Worked quite well - good for keeping a level exit, which you need to ease the transaxle over the PTO input shaft.

2013-05-11 09.58.41.jpg

Just wheel away the transaxle with a little help from a mallet, here you can clearly see the PTO input shaft - hence the need for a horizontal pull.

2013-05-11 09.58.51.jpg

Clearer picture here of the removal method - could have used a chain block, but this was faster and doubled as a method of moving the transaxle around once removed.