New 2014 Deere 3R series

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #21  
me and you crapped up this whole thread with a 3r and 4r debate hahah

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #22  
mmm...wonder if those new hoods will fit the old 3000 twenty series.....

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #23  
I'll sure be one to give it a try! I'm sure the mounting for the hood will be the same.. hopefully same size too.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #24  
Just got this months issue of successful farming mag and JD has a big spread in it about new stuff for 2014. New 7R and 8R, new sprayers and 5E series tractors. Nothing on the 3R or 4R series or changes. Has anyone heard anything new from their dealer? Haven't had a chance to get to mine and ask. That tempting pic on JD's website of the 3R has me wanting more.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #25  
Here's a few videos.

I've only seen the 3R one. Updated headlights and it looks like wheel spacers are going to be optioned.

John Deere Video Content

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #26  
Just watched video. That's awesome!!! I like how the 375a backhoe attaches without removing the 3 point hitch. Factory wheel spacers are a nice feature. Wonder if they will fit older 20 series tractors. Looks like they made the 3000twenty series even better. Except for teir 4 emissions.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #27  
Hey Guys, new to the site. I have a new 3720 w/ cab in my shed right now that the local JD dealer brought out so I could try it out around my place, to see if I could get to all the places I will need to get to, etc. I want to buy it but with news on the new 3R series coming, I would HATE to buy something that's outdated in a couple months, when I could have just waited & bought a model that will be current for a long time. I do not buy a new tractor every day, this is to be a "one & done" purchase; I know the changes don't look to be too significant, but I'd still want the R model if the wait was not too long.

Does anyone know when the new 3R series tractors are going to start showing up at local dealers?

Thanks - Jay

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #28  
Just watched video. That's awesome!!! I like how the 375a backhoe attaches without removing the 3 point hitch. Factory wheel spacers are a nice feature. Wonder if they will fit older 20 series tractors. Looks like they made the 3000twenty series even better. Except for teir 4 emissions.

The wheel spacers will fit the older 3X20 models. They are supposed to cost around $350, and I was told they are 6 inch per side.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #29  
Good to know. Looks like the changes are hood and electronics. If you watch the video, it mentions ethrottle. JDjay, I'd wait to purchase or at least look at the 3R series first. My buddy at work just ordered a new 3320 yesterday. Dealer told him 2 weeks. We'll see which model shows up.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #30  
Yes, please let us know which shows up if you get a chance.

Watching the video, does it not look like the undercarriage has gone from black to green? That'd be a big change cosmetically, would look really nice I think.

I don't know what we would gain from an ethrottle... I suppose a more advanced "cruise control" could be used if the throttle could be controlled via computer. Maybe the PTO speed could be "locked" at 540 RPM & the ethrottle would work like a governor to try to maintain a consistent speed.