New 2014 Deere 3R series

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #71  
Vent:

Manual Section 14 – Service Misc. shows a good picture of the vents and calls it an exhaust vent.

Key features 4th tab, “Powerful Yanmar diesel…” Very last two sentences of the tab.

“In normal operations, the exhaust goes through the downward exhaust outlet”
“In park regeneration process, the exhaust will go through the upward exhaust outlet”

Front PTO:

Manual section 06 – Operating:

See graphic depicting Front PTO and explained that ref J is the front PTO indicator (if equipped).

Maybe this is the dash shared with other models that use a front PTO?

I thought there was another reference. I will keep hunting.

That's inresting about the exhaust port, and the PTO. Maybe check out JD parts online, looking at the exploded diagrams sometimes sheds light on things.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #72  
I was checking the engine and pto specs on these new R tractors. The power is down because of teir 4. 3320-32.8hp 25pto. 3033R 31.8hp 23.6pto. That's a big difference considering these tractors cost more.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #73  
The other two are more HP.

3320 - 32.8 E 25 PTO
3033 - 31.8 E - 23.6 PTO

3520 - 37.1 E 30.5 PTO
3039 - 38.2 E 31.3 PTO

3720 - 43.2 E 35.0 PTO
3043 - 44.7 E 34.1 PTO

Not sure what has changed in the transmission, but it appears the older models are more efficient, unless they've changed how things are measured. i.e. new standards.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #74  
Guessing they cranked up the turbo on the other two. Still the pto hp is down. Not as much.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #75  
Looking at the engine specs on the 3720 vs the 3046R, the displacement and torque are the same, which does not quite make sense (because the HP is different), but possible. As far as differences in transmission efficiency, it could be explained with the torque curve (boost), but the R series all appear to be about 2% under on PTO power (relative to engine HP) vs. the 33 series. What is quite clear to me is that all the data is not there yet. I will wait until it appears that they have published better data (or complete data) before making any decisions. Some of the data appears to be cut and pasted directly from the 33 series. Based on my discussion with the dealer, I'm guessing the holes should all be filled in by mid January.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #76  
The H160 and H165 loaders have hit the site. $700 price difference. Reading up on specs.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #77  
The H165 seems far superior to the H160. Lift heights, forces, etc. The only thing I see that the H160 has over the 165 is rollback forces. However, I'm wondering if they have these numbers reversed as the H160 has far greater rollback forces than the H165. Seems strange. Very surprising the lift height differences. I'm assuming they did this for the smaller tractors vs. ballast etc.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #78  
New video has hit the web site. Pretty well done. Interestingly, they specifically mention the "all new front PTO". Between the H160 and H165 loaders, for the bucket cylinders: The H165 have the idler arm (not sure what they're really called) where the cylinders are attached. The H160 it appears that the cylinders connect directly to the bucket quick attach points. Not exactly sure as there is only one picture and it's not shown clearly.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #79  
New 3R Brochures are out.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #80  
The H165 seems far superior to the H160. Lift heights, forces, etc. The only thing I see that the H160 has over the 165 is rollback forces. However, I'm wondering if they have these numbers reversed as the H160 has far greater rollback forces than the H165. Seems strange. Very surprising the lift height differences. I'm assuming they did this for the smaller tractors vs. ballast etc.

Looks to be rebadged 300x & 300cx loaders. Not too impressive, they should focus on adding hydro thumbs to the BH line and quick tach bh buckets.

Matt