New 2014 Deere 3R series

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #42  
Watched the video again. Couple of things I don't like is the exhaust cutout looks to be on all the hoods. You can see the ring on the hood in the video. The e-throttle controls on the fender in front by the loader control. Not sure if that was a good place or not. Things I do like is the wheel spacers and the way the 375A backhoe mounts without taking off the 3point hitch. The style of the new hoods do look aggressive and mean looking. My buddy was quoted $25,000 for 2013 3320 with 300cx loader 3rd scv larger R-4 tires mid pto. I think maybe blade or box scraper also, not sure. That's before his trade. Which they are giving him $7500 for his Massey 1428.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #43  
Watched the video again. Couple of things I don't like is the exhaust cutout looks to be on all the hoods. You can see the ring on the hood in the video. The e-throttle controls on the fender in front by the loader control. Not sure if that was a good place or not. Things I do like is the wheel spacers and the way the 375A backhoe mounts without taking off the 3point hitch. The style of the new hoods do look aggressive and mean looking. My buddy was quoted $25,000 for 2013 3320 with 300cx loader 3rd scv larger R-4 tires mid pto. I think maybe blade or box scraper also, not sure. That's before his trade. Which they are giving him $7500 for his Massey 1428.

I noticed the exhaust cutout, kinda tacky looking with no vertical exhaust. Did you notice that the whole underbelly / axles / engine / 3 point / etc. looks to have changed from black to green?

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #44  
I noticed that too. I'm thinking they did that so everyone wont go its the same tractor but with new hood. I'm partial to the black myself.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #45  
Like the idea of the wheel spacers for extra stability, but now you are forced to go to next size 3pt attachment ( 5ft to 6ft) to cover the tire path. A 6' rototiller or box blade can be a little much for the 3000 series?

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #46  
Like the idea of the wheel spacers for extra stability, but now you are forced to go to next size 3pt attachment ( 5ft to 6ft) to cover the tire path. A 6' rototiller or box blade can be a little much for the 3000 series?
Optional Wheel Spacers.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #47  
I used a 6 foot forward rotation tiller last Saturday on my new 3320 and it did a fine job with it. I was not breaking virgin ground with though.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #50  
I decided to go ahead & buy the 2013 3720 today. I talked to a different dealer & their thoughts are that the price increase is going to be significant when announced next month. This could be one of those times when the past model is more desirable than the new "improved" model as far as I'm concerned. I'm getting the deluxe cab model with a 300CX loader with a 73" high volume bucket, a 74" Frontier snow blower, and a John Deere 665 tiller for starters. I'm trading in a 70 HP Agco Allis tractor with cab/loader/FWA/96" blower - definitely trading down in size but it should be a lot more useful on my 40 acres (37 of which are rented out farmland). I needed something I could drive on the lawn! Keeping my X485 AWS for mowing duty, can't get much better than that for mowing as far as I'm concerned when you have to mow around a bunch of trees. The 3720 will be for everything else. Can't wait to get it home (couple weeks until tiller and snow blower are in, they want to set up & deliver all at once). Picture is from earlier in the week, they brought it out last Thursday so I could "demo" it around the place (no attachments but I could get the feel for it & see how handy it was going to be for getting into tight spaces).
2013-10-07_18-12-36_218.jpg