Kubota vs. Deere

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Kubota vs. Deere #11  
One of the things that I considered when pricing and driving Kubotas and Deeres was the comment by my cabinet maker who'd traded in an old Deere (2wd) for a 4wd Kubota 2230. He said he liked the Kubota and all, but it wasn't a Deere.

I get the same feeling every time I drive my wife's old 22 year old Benz after driving our Toyota and VW vehicles. They aren't Benzes either.

In working on cars over the years, you can tell the quality when you work on them. Probably the same with tractors. I know Sears mowing tractors we had were awful to work on; whereas, the Scag we replaced them with was a dream. My Gravely is easy to work on, too. Quality. Had a Fiat once. Called it my "torch and hacksaw" car because no bolts would just unbolt. They had to be cut or sawed off. Quality.

Kubota has probably more quality than one of the other brands, but Deere has made quite a reputation on its quality.

Ralph

/ Kubota vs. Deere #12  
It sounds like the dealer wants to sell you the BX, which would be a fine choice. I don't know enough about the differences between the two tractors anymore--I used to have the details on the tip of my tongue when I bought my 2210. Back then, it was the BX2200 offered by Kubota. I paid only a little more for the 2210 and ended up with a 3PH with more capacity and lift arm spread and length, and the best dealer support you can imagine.

I don't know if Kubota improved the 3PH dynamics, but I am guessing they did. Since both machines are at the same dealer, ask the dealer to put the same box blade on both trators and a load in the buckets and putter the lot a bit. A simple "seat of the pants" feel test. If you intend to buy a specific implement, such as a broadcast spreader, rake, or rear blade, see how the implement hooks up to both. If you are comfortable with both tractors, it's pretty hard to walk away from $2,000 for brand loyalty.

Take your time. You will make the right decision as long as you do it on your terms.

/ Kubota vs. Deere #13  
To me it's just a matter of preference. I could have bought a Kubota cheaper then the Deere I bought. I had told the Kubota dealer I would take it and that's when my wife said you know you won't be happy with anything but a Deere. She was right so I bought the Deere and I have no regrets. My neighbors all have Kabota's and have real good luck with them. Quality wise I think the are neck and neck. There are a few features that I like on the Deere like the hydro pedals, color, etc. Resale value may be better on the Deere. Over all I think they both are good tractors. Good luck in your decision.

/ Kubota vs. Deere #14  
I currently don't own a SubCUT but have been researching to buy one and roaming TBN discussion groups for over a month now. My implement requirements are the same as yours: FEL with rear ballast box, and Mid Mower. I have also gone out to several dealers in my area and gotten quotes on a John Deere 2210, a Case IH DX22E, a Kubota BX2230, and a Massey Ferguson GC2300. I have also test driven the Deere and the Kubota. The Deere is definetely the most expensive at over $1800 more, and the others are all a few hundered dollars of each other with the Case being the least expensive. I haven't driven the 2305 but it looks pretty similar to the 2210.

I haven't bought yet, but here are some of my observations and reasons why I am still considering the JD regardless of the price difference:

The new 2305 has a 2HP larger engine than the BX2230- seems to be worth about $500 in tractors of the same manufacturer and series. I haven't got a quote on a 2305 yet, but they list for less on the JD website.

Integrated SCV valve with a more comfortable control stick position. (I have seen a few Kubota owners wishing for this in the Kubota forums) The JD is the only machine of the 4 I looked at with this.

The 2 pedal hydrostatic control is more like a car gas pedal and much nicer to use (in my opinion) than the rocker pedal. The Case has this too BTW.

The brake pedal is on the opposite side, away from the HST controls.

On-the-go 4wd engagement.

Seemingly easier and faster loader removal.

Quieter mower deck with great cut quality and add-on mulching ability. (some didn't have a mulch option, I forget which ones)

And in my opinion, a much nicer looking machine. (red is OK, but pumpkin orange just doesn't turn my crank)

I may be over analyzing but when I buy, I plan to keep this machine for well over 10 years so I don't want to regret it later. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Kubota vs. Deere #15  
I've owned more than one of each brand of these brands of tractors. They both make very good equipment. For me personally, there has been a huge difference in company support though. My future purchases will have to be Deere.

/ Kubota vs. Deere #16  
I just ordered a 2305 because:
-Loader is rated higher
-3-point is rated higher
-the industrial tires are of a hybrid design where they will not tear your grass
-I really likes the location of the controls
-I priced it out @ $12,980 (2305, 200cx, 62c mid-mow,)
- I am also getting a blade = $950.00 , and ballast $190.00

I agree with the other comments to shop around. They will come down.

/ Kubota vs. Deere
The best they say they can do is $13,300 + tax.That is with the 54" mmm.Total just over $14000 with tax.The Kubota with 60" will cost me $12500 with tax.I am still waiting to find out if that includes the $500 rebate.Kubota says the rebate is "after the sale" so it shouldn't be included.One thing I never thought of is one of my family members is a 30 year retired JD employee.I know they get a discount on garden tractors but I do not know about sub cuts.That discount would make the 2305 in the same price range as the Kubota.Since this family member lives in my home,I think it would be above approach. The 3pt and loader specs are not that much different between the 2 tractors.Also ratings are just that.I have seen ratings way too high or way low on just about everything.Chevy,Dodge and Ford all claim their trucks have more horsepower and tow heavier loads.That said if the price was the same,I would stay green!

/ Kubota vs. Deere #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I just ordered a 2305 because:
-Loader is rated higher
-3-point is rated higher
)</font>

Just to correct you, your probably looking at pivot-pin vs bucket center measurements. Just about every sub compact made has lift specs within small margin of each other. Deere's marketing dept does a good job of making the higher numbers easy to find. Deception of the consumer in my opinion, but it does work.

/ Kubota vs. Deere #19  
<font color="blue">Deception of the consumer in my opinion, but it does work.
</font>

Please show us the comparison, if you have it. We'll be able to judge whether it's deceptive rather than just take your word for it as (you are) a saleperson for other brands Thanks

/ Kubota vs. Deere #20  
Bob Surka has put together several very good posts about this topic. I quick search should turn them up if your interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.