JD 110 TLB Purchase

/ JD 110 TLB Purchase #21  
tractorlogger said:
Does anymone know what model tractor JD are using for the 110 TLB, is it just one of the other models painted yellow or is it a machine made just for the 110 TLB functions??

Thanks

The transmission and motor come directly from the JD4610 tractor. The rest of it is all its own. You will not have issues with the tractor pulling itself apart like the 4510, 4610 and 4710 tractors did when equiped with the larger backhoes like a Bradco 611 and 4 in 1. The green machines were made as homeowner or farmer type tractor. They were never intended for construction use. When put to this type work over a period of time the bellhousing to the motor bolts being a stress member (no frame tying front to back together) they would break bolts and litterally tear themselves in two. I took a 4710 in on trade that came on 2 trailers because of exactly this issue. The 110 has remedied this by way of a full frame to take the stress and the abuse of a construction grade tractor.

JD Dlr

/ JD 110 TLB Purchase #22  
JohnDeereDLR said:
I am not really biased towards one or the other. All I do is educate the customer give them the optins available and they purchase what they wish. By way of this we sell considerably more 110's than the L-39 or 48.

Afor your service manager from Deere try asking him what he thought of s the JD 4610 tractors. The engine and trans for the 110 came directly from those units. I haven't even had a hiccup in regards to those tractors.

The kubotas have dual pumps while the Deere has 3 pumps, look at the specs.

I disagree with you on the more productivity out of the kubota unless we are speaking of dig depth then the L48 has it covered.

In regards to the trans issues. Like I said we sell 40-50 110's a year. Of the 200+ we have sold in the last 4 years I have had issues on the trans on 3 occasions. These issues all revolved around the potentiometer needing to be calibrated. I have yet to have issues with the trans itself.

Deere is very good with the dual line...and we actually have more than just the 2 lines. As long as we keep market share up they like us having the Orange and the Green. We actually see more customers with multiple lines. Before we got the Orange line we would only see the Green customer. Now we see the Green Orange and the price shopper. Kuobta has a great price shopper line in the L series and the B7800.

I have the specs in front of me as I type. L-39 rated lift cap is 2200lbs while the deere is 2727lbs and breakout force on the L39 at 3560lbs with the Deere at 3965lbs. Just to clarify things. The brochures being used for comparison are the followning...JD110 DKE052303 and the Kubota 3182-01-US. That according to spec sheets.

JD Dlr
I like to compare loaders from the same points, IE; either in the bucket or at the pins! No wonder why you sell more deeres, try putting it on the table with correct info!!!!@

/ JD 110 TLB Purchase #23  
art said:
I like to compare loaders from the same points, IE; either in the bucket or at the pins! No wonder why you sell more deeres, try putting it on the table with correct info!!!!@

I am pulling all my numbers as listed by the manufacture as measured from the pivot pins. If you have brochure showing a different spec please give me the number from the back on the bottom. I would like to look at the same lit as you. I am not into giving false info...I only give what is provided to me by the manufacturer. If I give false info it reflects badly on myself, dealership and most important to me is my paycheck.

I have pulled old literature...this being Cat. No. 3181-01-US...this is the orig lit given out by Kubota when the L39 was introduced. It shows lift cap at pivot pins at 2767 lbs. So for that yes I see that then they showed a 40lb advantage over the Deere (a sliver as posted by MessickFarmEqu), I appolagize for not looking for the old lit with this info. In the current lit they do not show this figure....go figure..there has to be a reason.

Given all aspects of the tractor being identical then I could see where 40lbs would make the decision on purchase..but by god man we are talking 40lbs and not on identical tractors by way of all the other specs. Remember I am not trying to sell you a tractor...I am just giving out info. I highly doubt that the 40lb's would make the difference on any of the sales we have made weather it was customer purchasing the Kubotas or the Deere.

JD Dlr

/ JD 110 TLB Purchase #25  
MessickFarmEqu said:
http://www.kubota.com/f/products/l39_comps.pdf

The figures for both the loaders, measured from the same points are right here.

Every company out there skews things in there favor. I know for fact the weight of the 110 as listed on this site is incorrect as is the breakout force. I bring them in loaded with 4 in 1 and all hyd options and bill of laiding and when I bring them to the scales on my yard the wieght is 7800lbs, in the spec sheet JD lists weight of tractor at 7600lbs this being with standard hydraulics and GP bucket. The breakout force is also incorrect. The kubota is spot on at the pivot pins where the deere at pivot pins is 3965. Just keep in mind all companies skew things in there favor.

Besides that these numbers we are talking about are really splitting hairs on difference of tractor.

Now if I was dealing with a customer and going thru this same scenario of splitting hairs like this I would deliver both tractors to the customer and let him demo them side by side and let the tractors tell the tale and then have the decision made by the customer based on there perception of which is best suited for there needs.

JD Dlr

/ JD 110 TLB Purchase #26  
JohnDeereDLR said:
I am fortunate to sell both JD and Kubota.

The specs on the L48 are not that much greater than the 110TLB

The lift capacity of the L48 Loader is 3000lbs to max height where the JD is 2727lbs to max height. Not much difference here. Max height for the two is the same at 9' 6".

The backhoe will give you 1' extra dig depth than the 110 however.

If you equip them the same the Deere should be a better price.

If you put 3 SCV out the rear of the L48 it is not as clean of a set up as teh Deere.

As for the L-39 being a more apples to apples comp. it really isn't so. The 110 will outlift the L39.

JD Dlr

I own an L39 and agree that the JD-110 is a heavier lifter than the L39. Side by sode you can see more iron in the Deere.

The Kubota Loader linkage may or may not do the Kubota listed specs, but only at one point. At the extremes of travel, the bucket curl on the L39 seems especially weak. Any TLB should have killer breakout and curl force. Lift needs to be controlled for safety and stability reasons, but if you dump a tractor with bucket curl or breakout, it's your problem for not being careful. You should know when enough is enough. If the rear starts to come off the ground, quit.

I like the L39's GST, howerver the first 8 speeds are real close ratio. This is a tractor not a sports car, what's up with that? I wish all TLB's had about 20% better power to weight.

I'll give that HST is best for close quarter loader work, but I just don't care for HST otherwise. It's a matter of preference.

The BH on the L39 will toss the lighter L39. I suspect the BH is a close match to the JD-110.
I am adding wheel weights and other stuff to get the weight of the L-39 to 7,700 lbs. Currently my machine weighs 7,300 Lbs. I wish the L39 had 43-16-20 rear tires and 33-12.5-16.5 fronts. Running these tractors over soft grond with R4's is not fun.

Best to demo before you buy.

Last edited:
   / JD 110 TLB Purchase #27  
how does the jd 110 handle skid steer attachments up front? namely a harley rake or hydraulic powered bushhog type attachment.

/ JD 110 TLB Purchase #28  
JohnDeereDLR said:
I am not really biased towards one or the other. All I do is educate the customer give them the optins available and they purchase what they wish. By way of this we sell considerably more 110's than the L-39 or 48.

As for your service manager from Deere try asking him what he thought of the JD 4610 tractors. The engine and trans for the 110 came directly from those units. I haven't even had a hiccup in regards to those tractors.

The kubotas have dual pumps while the Deere has 3 pumps, look at the specs.

I disagree with you on the more productivity out of the kubota unless we are speaking of dig depth then the L48 has it covered.

In regards to the trans issues. Like I said we sell 40-50 110's a year. Of the 200+ we have sold in the last 4 years I have had issues on the trans on 3 occasions. These issues all revolved around the potentiometer needing to be calibrated. I have yet to have issues with the trans itself.

Deere is very good with the dual line...and we actually have more than just the 2 lines. As long as we keep market share up they like us having the Orange and the Green. We actually see more customers with multiple lines. Before we got the Orange line we would only see the Green customer. Now we see the Green Orange and the price shopper. Kuobta has a great price shopper line in the L series and the B7800.

I have the specs in front of me as I type. L-39 rated lift cap is 2200lbs while the deere is 2727lbs and breakout force on the L39 at 3560lbs with the Deere at 3965lbs. Just to clarify things. The brochures being used for comparison are the followning...JD110 DKE052303 and the Kubota 3182-01-US. That according to spec sheets.

JD Dlr

Yeah, you wouldn't want to be unbiased and let the customer make up his mind would you? Best sales tactic I've ever used - I win no matter what the decision.

(I used to sell photo equipment and there were the Canon freaks and the Nikon addicts - I didn't care which one was "better" - I just wanted to sell a piece of equipment.)

I've owned 3 different tractors. The JD being the latest and last (I hope). So far, the JD has exceeded my expectations inspite of Mr. negitivo messicks' postulations, undulations, and proverications about JD.

You have to realize that in the Messick parallel dimension - everything is orange.

/ JD 110 TLB Purchase #29  
swines said:
You have to realize that in the Messick parallel dimension - everything is orange.

I'm really getting tired of this. Did you know that we sell not just Kubota but also New Holland, Case IH, Krone, Miller Pro, Bush Hog, Woods, New Holland Construction, Brillion, NC, ah there's more... and these are all stocking companies - not shortline products. When your in this business you don't have a brand bias. I see about a dozen brands on a daily basis and have to judge things on their merits. I think my fellow dealer here will attest to that. If you read this thread, you'll find that I never took a shot at the 110. Its a fine tractor. All I do is fill in the blanks and correct the few things that are not stated correctly. Infact today I sold a Deere 430 diesel graden tractor that we had in, thats a great mower.

JohnDeereDlr said:
I bring them in loaded with 4 in 1 and all hyd options and bill of laiding and when I bring them to the scales on my yard the wieght is 7800lbs.

I think you answered your own question there. When you start adding options and fluids the weights go up! Most of the published weights are all dry shipping weights and not the true operating weight.

JohnDeereDlr said:
Every company out there skews things in there favor.

Just please look at the figures before you start saying this stuff, what your saying is not true. The figures posted on that comparison sheet are the same ones that are on Deere's website. No doubt companies screw with these sheets, however its always by obmission and not by making the numbers up. Thats a quick way to get yourself sued.

The 110 is a fine tractor and I'd encourage anyone who is intersted to take a look at it. I just can't sit here and watch things that are simply wrong being presented as fact.

someguy said:
how does the jd 110 handle skid steer attachments up front? namely a harley rake or hydraulic powered bushhog type attachment.
no tractor has enough hydraulic flow to pull this off. It requires a skid loader to do it. Frankly, PTO power is way more efficient and does a much better job of driving those implements than a hydraulic motor does.

/ JD 110 TLB Purchase #30  
I am pulling all my numbers as listed by the manufacture as measured from the pivot pins. If you have brochure showing a different spec please give me the number from the back on the bottom. I would like to look at the same lit as you. I am not into giving false info...I only give what is provided to me by the manufacturer. If I give false info it reflects badly on myself, dealership and most important to me is my paycheck.
You speak so well with a forked tongue everyones friend the JD Dealer. When it was taking the load on the Kubota and the pins of the Deere that was fine before, but you didn't know! To talk of an under advertised weight of a JD110 with optional 4n1 bucket and you talk of a couple of hundred pounds it is a gross understatement of weight. But when you cut the Kubota short in your speal of 20% of it's ability by giving improper info it's just a small mistake! I got to love your green underwear! You are a true JD dealer in the best form.