JD 110 TLB Purchase

/ JD 110 TLB Purchase #11  
CurlyDave said:
The only thing I would add to the 110 that has not yet been mentioned is the factory skid plate. Despite the extra clearance, there are a lot of very vulnerable-looking hydraulics under there. As I recall, the skid plate is ~$700.

Yeah, I took one look at the exposed undercarriage on the JD 110TLB and went and got a fully equipped L-39 for $8,000 less.

/ JD 110 TLB Purchase #12  
tractorlogger said:
I am trying to decide between the JD 110 and the Kubota L48...

You might also consider the new Yanmar CBL40, which Yanmar has
recently brought to the US to compete with the 110 an L48. If you
have a dealer around you, you can expect to get one for the high
30s. I saw this one at the World Ag Expo last year and I have to
say that the visibility and ergonomics of the operator station is
excellent.

BTW, I don't own (or sell) any of these very desirable tractors.

Attachments

• yanmar_cbl40.jpg
    yanmar_cbl40.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 965
   / JD 110 TLB Purchase #13  
Have a friend who just bought a new CBLYanmar., I tried out the machine. Ergonomics are good. Smalll tires, very poor flip pads design. Only thing I think it has over my L48 is the fuel tank. The tank and battery are designed right under the entrance step, and I have to admit, great design, easy to install fuel, makes a nice step up also,. His dealer told him the next machine in, goes for over 40's... He paid 39 and change, so it already is very high 30's. He didn't get any extra's either...

/ JD 110 TLB Purchase #14  
LarryRB said:
Have a friend who just bought a new CBLYanmar., I tried out the machine. Ergonomics are good. Smalll tires, very poor flip pads design. Only thing I think it has over my L48 is the fuel tank. The tank and battery are designed right under the entrance step, and I have to admit, great design, easy to install fuel, makes a nice step up also,. His dealer told him the next machine in, goes for over 40's... He paid 39 and change, so it already is very high 30's. He didn't get any extra's either...

Good points, Larry. There is no substitute for having actually operated
each of these tractors. Important to note also is that the L48, 110, and
CBL40 all have HST trannies; L39 does not.

/ JD 110 TLB Purchase #15  
turbo36 said:
Perhaps he is as biased toward yellow as you are against!

I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on that ;)

/ JD 110 TLB Purchase
Does anymone know what model tractor JD are using for the 110 TLB, is it just one of the other models painted yellow or is it a machine made just for the 110 TLB functions??

Thanks

/ JD 110 TLB Purchase #17  
tractorlogger said:
Does anymone know what model tractor JD are using for the 110 TLB, is it just one of the other models painted yellow or is it a machine made just for the 110 TLB functions??

Thanks
I'm not sure, I'm guessing it's TLB specific, it uses a Yanmar 4 cyl. diesel engine. The only info mentioning design on the JD site states that the backhoe is modeled after the 310 hoe.

Last edited:
   / JD 110 TLB Purchase #18  
they are model specific as I was told,.,. I tried a few and put a few hours on them... The wide open bottom, highly susceptable to losing hydraulic lines and such, is what scared me. The other thing was I am surprised that JD outsources a skid plate to solve the problem and it is another 700.00... They do have a dedicated swing pump, the Yanmar CBL40 and L48 Kubota being the other two at the moment., Of course who knows, maybe other tractor companies are ready to show their three pump TLB's.

/ JD 110 TLB Purchase #19  
MessickFarmEqu said:
Really?! You seem pretty biased towards the yellow? Why so? No mention of duel pumps on both the Kubota's, I've worked the hoes and there is no question Kubota has got the more productive backhoe. Have you had many transmission problems on the 110? About a year ago we hired a service manager from a Deere dealer and he really had a bad impression of that machine... (thats not to say Kubota does not have issues too) I'm just curious. How has Deere been towards you guys about being duel branded?

Not according to the spec sheets? The L39 has a sliver of an advantage.

I am not really biased towards one or the other. All I do is educate the customer give them the optins available and they purchase what they wish. By way of this we sell considerably more 110's than the L-39 or 48.

As for your service manager from Deere try asking him what he thought of the JD 4610 tractors. The engine and trans for the 110 came directly from those units. I haven't even had a hiccup in regards to those tractors.

The kubotas have dual pumps while the Deere has 3 pumps, look at the specs.

I disagree with you on the more productivity out of the kubota unless we are speaking of dig depth then the L48 has it covered.

In regards to the trans issues. Like I said we sell 40-50 110's a year. Of the 200+ we have sold in the last 4 years I have had issues on the trans on 3 occasions. These issues all revolved around the potentiometer needing to be calibrated. I have yet to have issues with the trans itself.

Deere is very good with the dual line...and we actually have more than just the 2 lines. As long as we keep market share up they like us having the Orange and the Green. We actually see more customers with multiple lines. Before we got the Orange line we would only see the Green customer. Now we see the Green Orange and the price shopper. Kuobta has a great price shopper line in the L series and the B7800.

I have the specs in front of me as I type. L-39 rated lift cap is 2200lbs while the deere is 2727lbs and breakout force on the L39 at 3560lbs with the Deere at 3965lbs. Just to clarify things. The brochures being used for comparison are the followning...JD110 DKE052303 and the Kubota 3182-01-US. That according to spec sheets.

JD Dlr

/ JD 110 TLB Purchase #20  
CurlyDave said:
The only thing I would add to the 110 that has not yet been mentioned is the factory skid plate. Despite the extra clearance, there are a lot of very vulnerable-looking hydraulics under there. As I recall, the skid plate is ~$700.

Oh boy howdy...that is the bigest issue with the 110. If you take out that diverter block you will be unmovable and out a good chunk of money. The $700 for the skid plate is a much more reasonable purchase than the downtime or replacement parts would cost.

JD Dlr