CK30- Kioti loader failure

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #11  
Highbeam:

That is a bad deal. My LA1251 on my M9 has a round crossmember. I think I'd pull the bolted on plate and have a look-see at the inner edge to see where the crack originates at. I wonder how the crossmember was made, that if it was, in fact stamped and cold formed or if it was cold formed first and the area where the plate is, was stamped or heat cut, as in plasma. Depending on the grade and rockwell of the steel, it could crack due to the thermal shock of fabrication.

I would surmise that as long as the loader wasn't ancient, it should be a warranted item in as much as it's a safety issue.

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #12  
That's a drag. I wonder if this happened, as you suggested, by using the toothbar and torquing the FEL while digging at roots. I imagine these FELs are not designed to have asymmetrical loads at the bucket lip. I have done a fair amount of digging at roots with my toothbar but I have always usedthe center of the bucket. Also, you have a 60" bucket so the torque forces might be greater. I don't recall reading of toothbar related FEL injuries but it sure seems possible.

I hope the repair/replacement goes smoothly under warranty. While you have the tractor at the dealer, why don't you have him attach a BH. That will protect the FEL /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. (Yet another excuse to justify the BH)

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #13  
I'll check my KL130 for the cracks but I haven't heard any of the creeking you mentioned. Have you had the access plate off? It looks like the crack might be in the corner of the hole in the brace. If the hole was cut and the corner is at a 90' angle instead of being a radius, that would tend to concentrate the load and cause a stress point but I didn't think there was that much twisting from an uneven load.

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #14  
Photo is a little fuzzy, but mine has cracks from all four corner bolt holes. It's a KL120 loader. I have 170 hours on mine.

Steve

Attachments

• 828380-loader cracks 006 (Small).jpg
    828380-loader cracks 006 (Small).jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 535
   / CK30- Kioti loader failure #15  
This is all shaping up to be a design defect from what I see. Looks like Kioti had better take a hard look at their FEL design and make immediate design changes.

I've pulled the opposing side of all my tractors off the ground on various ocassions while using the bucket as a pry tool and that includes my M9 which weighs in the excess of 8K.

There are many times when you can't use the center of the bucket or tooth bar for lever type prying. Off center prying is a given and the loader and frame should be designed for overcoming that stress.

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Loaders are made in Korea buy a Mfg for Kioti, same as backhoes. )</font>

Its not Ansung is it?

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #17  
Highbeam,
I think that maybe Daryl is right about the problem. I know that I have never seen a loader crack in the exact way that yours has. It would be interesting to see what Kioti says in regards to the cause and also to how that will fix the problem. Please keep us updated to the outcome. Sorry that you have had a problem, any problem. Given the quality of the compact tractors made at this time by most of the major manufactures it is rare to find a defect such as this.

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #18  
The specs on the Ansung loaders, at least those listed on their website, don't match up with the specs quoted by Kioti for the KL120 or KL130.

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #19  
A question to you hydraulic experts,Just curious about what the K130 specs mean in relation to the tractor hydrolic output in psi.. For example, the K130 specs out at 1155 lbs lift to the pivot point, 2046lbs of breakout force all at a 2000psi rating. Is the 2000 lb the max psi available to that the K130 will operate at or will the specs increase with a higher tractor psi output... ? I realize the Ck30 puts out considerably more hydraulic output then what the k130 is rated at, therefore is the lift limited by say a relief valve built into the loader or do the specs change under this higher output....

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #20  
Yes it all has to do with the relief valve setting.