CK30- Kioti loader failure

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure
If out of warranty, that's what I would do or have done. Also, using the block off plate for a template a guy could cut out a reinforcing ring to be welded around the access door opening to add strength.

What's to say the new loader frame is any better? Luck I suppose.

Update. I dropped the loader off this morning. The dealer will have it welded and reinforced. This repair would fall under but not extend my Kioti one year warranty. If Kioti tells him not to do it then it will be a new loader. The toothbar is on the bucket and he told me that even if the toothbar "caused" it that it is fine since Kioti authorizes the use of a toothbar.

It is very strange to drive around without a loader.

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #33  
best thing for it, just weld the cracks, and reinforce. I consider that just loader fatigue, and not a failure. When I was extremely serious about the DK45S I found the manufacturer website and copied the loader specs. Here they are, a bit jumbled....but readable.

Specification
Model TS30-AP TS41-M TS-41 TS45-AP TS50-AP TS-51
Bucket Capacity (㎥) 0.12~0.22 0.22~0.30 0.25~0.30 0.30 0.33 0.38
Tractor Output (PS) ~30 30~45 30~43 43~48 48~50 51~75
Max. Lift Height (mm) 2250 ~2460 2700 ~2800 2700 ~2800 2700 ~2850 2800 ~2900 2900 ~3200
Normal Lift Weight (kg) 300~400 450~600 450~600 450~600 500~600 630~700
Max. Lift Weight (kg) 500 ~600 600 ~700 600 ~700 600 ~700 600 ~700 800 ~900
Max. Tilt Angle (° ) 40~45 35 40~45 45~45 40~45 40~45
Max. Dump Angle (° ) 80 60 80 80 80 80
Weight (kg) 360 380 460 505 525 574

[ Contact Info ]
Company Taesung MFG. Co., Ltd.
Address 210-2, Unam-Ri, Eunhyun-Myun Yangjoo-Goon Seoul 482861 Korea
Phone 82 - 2 - 8640671
Fax 82 - 2 - 8640675
Homepage www.taisungco.com/emain.htm
Contact Gye-hee Yu / President

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #34  
Did you try calling Mr.Gye-hee Yu at the factory? I'll bet the language barrier would present some amusing situations.

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #35  
What makes you think that might be a problem? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #36  
He speaks better english than I speak Korean. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #37  
I wouldn't be happy with a "weld job" on an in-warrenty tractor. Sorry but I think a replacement is in order here.

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #38  
Turbo:

Let me relate a little story to you......

A week ago, an owner operator came into our shop with a leaking front drive axle housing. It had a pin hole in the casting in the carrier or "snorkel" that carries the output shaft and couples the front drive axle with the rear drive axle. The tractor is less than 6 months old and no, he didn't buy it from us, but we don't discriminate between our customers and non purchasing customers, service is service, warranty or not. Anyway, this guy is irate, he's leaking 85-140 all over and wants a new differential. Well, it's a warranty issue so, we call Arvin/Meritor who incidentally has bought Rockwell and they request pictures of the defect. We comply. A/M decides at that point that the rear housing can be fixed by cutting off the old "snorkel" and welding on a new one. Joe customer is hot, real hot. He paying a note of 90K and he wants a new rear end and he wants downtime. A/M don't care and won't pay downtime anyway. Their recommended fix is the replacement of the snorkel, period. Bottom line is, Joe customer can have a new snorkel, no additional warranty and no downtime. That is a decision that A/M mandates.

Same thing applies to Highbeam and his loader. If Kioti deems the loader repairable, they will instruct their representative (dealer) to affect a repair. If they deem it unrepairable, Highbeam gets a new loader. Either way, no warranty extension. Fair or unfair, that's the way OEM's handle their warranty claims.

For one, I don't like it and I don't think it's right,. but, that's the way it's handled industry wide.

Another thing to keep in mind is that on any warranty claim, at least in our shop and I presume most others too, The mechanical work performed is all based on a flat rate manual, that is, what Kioti (in the Highbeams case) deems reasonable to take apart and reassemble and mount the loader and in most cases, the flat rate leaves the dealership short changed, in other words, they make no money on warranty work and in order to stay afloat, the dealership has to turn a profit.

By the way, it's warranty not warrenty.

I dropped off a 125 hour loader with cracks and I will receive a 125 hour loader without cracks. For me to demand a zero hour loader without cracks is too much. I will have the balance of my one year warranty to watch for new cracks to develop and at the sign of crack #1 that loader is going back to the dealer. If that happens, I suspect the repair strategy will be abandoned for replacement. Even at that point, do I deserve a brand new loader or a good used one?

I am confident that in the end, I will have a crackless loader.

I am also confident that there are people that know how to properly repair and reinforce the cracked area to be better than new. I can only hope my dealer is able to source out a capable welder so that I don't have new cracks. After all, the new Kioti loader has welds on it in various places.

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #40  
Daryl, a manufacturer has a duty to fix the defect and the resulting damage, for example if your fender falls off your vehicle because of defective bolts they have to replace the bolts and repaint the fender if necessary, they can argue that the fender’s purpose is to hold the head light and therefore simply bolting or welding the fender back in place is acceptable but we all know that is not acceptable because the scratched or damaged fender would greatly affect the resale value as compared to a vehicle whose fender did not fall off. Attempting to repair a defectively designed loader by simply welding the cracks may or may not be an acceptable fix, if the design is still defective or the resale value is greatly affected then you can demand a different fix. A person may have to go to court to enforce this but it can be done, we had a Chevy once that blew a head gasket at 5,000 miles and had to sue to get a new engine instead of simply rebuilding the old one, but I did and won because the resale value was greatly affected by their suggested “repair”.
The manufacturer will attempt to fix it the way they want but you may have more rights then those that are specifically spelled out in your warrantee. In the case of the differential A/M may have previously done the engineering to determine the fix was as good as new from a performance and resale value and therefore was willing to defend it in court if necessary. My opinion is that I doubt the service life will ever be as good as original with a field fix like you describe I think the owner may have been “harmed” by the fix.
By the way, next time I will try to remember my spell check /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif no wait, no I won't. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif