CK30- Kioti loader failure

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #41  
Robert:

I agree, to a point. Any manufacturer has an obligation to fix a defect or replace the effected part in kind, but no manufacturer, yourself included is liable for damages or downtime resulting from the defect. That would become an arbitration case and the attendant legal fees would probably negate the damage anyway. I'm not saying that any reputable manufacturer in "good faith" wouldn't step up to the plate so to speak and try to arrive at a workable solution, I'm sure you, or myself or Kioti or any company would, service after the sale and standing behind your product is what business is all about. However, all companies have a "turn and fight" line that separates good faith from the courtroom.

I've never had a warranty claim on a car, but I believe (and I could be wrong) that if you have a value degrading problem in a car, you can submit to binding arbitration and I know we have a "lemon law" in Michigan, my wife's brother had his Lincoln bought back by Ford and he's a Ford employee to boot.

In the end, it will be up to Highbeam to decide whether the repaired loader is serviceable or whether he feels "harmed" enough to justify a new loader.

Personally, I'll be rooting for a new one.

And, I know you can spell......your mind probably is faster than your fingers, like mine. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have i.e spell on my browser and it kicks in before I post a message as my spelling isn't too good and I admit it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Finally, you can keep the snow over by GR. I have cabin fever....need to get my scooter out.

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #42  
Daryl, you should try mountain biking in the winter it's not the same as rolling on the throttle but at least your riding, I'm 50 years old and am in better shape today then when I was 30.

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #43  
Robert:

I have an idea. In as much as my "cushion" has gotten bigger over the winter (it always does) and I like bicycles (when I was a kid I rode with the Cleveland Wheelmen, a bicycle club that road raced before bikes were "in" like they are today, I had a Schwinn Paramount and a Bauer Model of the Masters), I'll come out there and ride with you, but you have to come here and do hay with me.

I have just the position for you. Right behind the square bailer on the wagon of course. I'll be gentle and I'll even let you drive the outfit and I'll trade places with you. Nothing like 300 fifty pound squares stacked on a wagon in 85 degree heat to give you a workout.

There is compensation. I pay $25.00 per hour, cash and all the water and Gator Aid you can drink....you will need it, trust me.

Just when you think we are done (and you want more than anything to go somewhere shady, cool and quiet to reminisce about your folly), we hook them up (wagons) and bring them to the barn and then put them in the loft. We do have a hay elevator, but they have to be stacked in the loft anyway. If it's 85 out, it's 100 in the loft.

I have a regular crew that always puts it up, strong hardworking country boys that live hard and work hard.

Last summer, one of the foreman in one of our plants kept bugging me about helping. I told him $25.00 per hour, cash and he said he needed the money, I said okay. This fellow is in his early 30's, the health club type. No problem. Showed up in the field, put him on the wagon as a helper and made one round. I never saw a grown man shake so hard. I really felt he was going to cry.....I put him in the tractor (I had to show him what to do, how to feed the bailer, follow the windrow and pay attention to the chute and wagon swing, all the basics, turned the ac on high and got on the wagon and pitched bales until dark.

You game? I am.

By the way, I'm 57 this year. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif You are a kid yet.

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #44  
I'm in! Haying? That's kids stuff! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I was just talking with my brother about the time we stacked the wagon something like 11 or 12 high and rode back to the barn on the top of the bales stretched out trying to hold the load together. Everything was going good until we dropped a wheel into the ditch pulling into the driveway - it was a long way down and a lot of work to reload the wagon.
I grew up on the farm so there isn't much I haven't done; plant and trim Christmas trees, haying, pick potatoes and corn by hand, shovel cow, pig, and chicken crap, you name and I've done it, so hard work isn't new to me.
The hottest and most dangerous job was going into the grain bin (silo) in the barn and hand shoveling where the elevator didn't reach, I passed out once when the temp was at least 120 degrees and got buried up to my neck, if wagon hadn't run out before it covered me I wouldn't be here today.
My first bike was a Schwinn Continental, not nearly as sexy as the Paramount or LaTour but it got the job done.

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #45  
The testosterone is gettin' thick in here.........
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #46  
The older I get , the better I was! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #47  
I was tightening the 6 12mm bolts holding the cover on the loader cross member and noticed that the two middle bolts were stripped and would not tighten. Picture attached.

5 of the bolts were loose and I could see how tightening them would strengthen the frame.

It is possible that the two center bolts being stripped is a coincidence, but that kind of stripping could also be caused by movement, so it might be a clue as to where some stress is.

Mike

Attachments

• 834719-kioti middle screw.jpg
    834719-kioti middle screw.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 235
   / CK30- Kioti loader failure #48  
I like your picture---one of mine became a two piece bolt while tightening.
I think fastener quality control may be lacking or its really a grade .05 ???

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #49  
All I know is that it takes a much better man than myself to handle the small square bales. That has to one of the hardest jobs going.

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure
So do you think the welder will remove the hyd hoses from inside that cavity? I'll end up taking the cover off to check for melted stuff.