2012 MX5100

/ 2012 MX5100
Well, I went and looked at the tractors today. I ended up buying the 2013 MX5100 with HST.
I would have liked to have had the larger frame tractor M5040 (691 HRS) for the same $$ with (691 HRS) but with 3 surgeries on my left knee. I just thought about having to clutch from front to back while doing loader /grapple work .
Sure hope I didn't make a mistake by not buying the larger tractor

Dealer will deliver my MX sometime next week after having a 3RD function valve installed

/ 2012 MX5100 #32  
Congrats!! The HST is awesome for loader work and slow precise movements, enjoy!

/ 2012 MX5100 #33  
I think you will like. Quite an upgrade from what you have now.

What was your final OTD price if you don't mind sharing?

/ 2012 MX5100
I think you will like. Quite an upgrade from what you have now.

What was your final OTD price if you don't mind sharing?

Oh yes, No doubt it's an upgrade from what I have now. I have to admit though, the little yanmar is one tough tractor .

I don't mind telling the price. It was higher than what I wanted to pay, but he sold 3 while I was there looking . He said he sells most of them as soon as he gets them in.

He sold one of them (a 60 HP) to someone out of state sight unseen. I told him I couldn't believe he could sell a used tractor sight unseen. He said he does it all the time.
Said my tractor came from a dealer in Texas.
He said the used pre emissions tractors go fast.

I gave 24,816.00 OTD delivered with kubota added 3rd function. This is probably too much, but I have been looking for a used tractor for several months, and there is just nothing out there around me.

/ 2012 MX5100
Congrats!! The HST is awesome for loader work and slow precise movements, enjoy!

Thanks, I hope I made the choice. I wondered that about my Kubota Z turn too. LOL

/ 2012 MX5100 #36  
Oh yes, No doubt it's an upgrade from what I have now. I have to admit though, the little yanmar is one tough tractor .

I don't mind telling the price. It was higher than what I wanted to pay, but he sold 3 while I was there looking . He said he sells most of them as soon as he gets them in.

He sold one of them (a 60 HP) to someone out of state sight unseen. I told him I couldn't believe he could sell a used tractor sight unseen. He said he does it all the time.
Said my tractor came from a dealer in Texas.
He said the used pre emissions tractors go fast.

I gave 24,816.00 OTD delivered with kubota added 3rd function. This is probably too much, but I have been looking for a used tractor for several months, and there is just nothing out there around me.

No point in stressing about what other people pay.

It's all supply and demand which varys widely by region.

Knowing what other people pay just gives you a good baseline, but at the end of the day, the deal must have been worth it to YOU or you wouldn't have bought it.

Did you get the R1's you were after?

/ 2012 MX5100 #37  
MX5100 is a great tractor. FYI, the MX5100 has a larger front tire than the L series, and that slightly larger tire is quite noticeable (in a good way) on rough terrain. Here is a photo of our L5740 and old MX5100 side-by-side, MX is on the right.
20170419_105313.jpg

/ 2012 MX5100 #38  
MX5100 is a great tractor. FYI, the MX5100 has a larger front tire than the L series, and that slightly larger tire is quite noticeable (in a good way) on rough terrain. Here is a photo of our L5740 and old MX5100 side-by-side, MX is on the right.
View attachment 531967

There is only a difference on the industrial R4's.

Not sure how kubota swings it though......

Ag (R1) options for both machines are
Rear....14.9-26 with a rolling circumference of 148
Front ...9.5-16 with a RC of 101

Making front to rear ratio of ~1.465

R4 options for the MX are
Rear 17.5L-24.....RC of 145
Front 12-16.5.....RC of 97

Ratio is close to ags at 1.494

But the R4 options for the GL (which has the SAME R1 options an same chassis so I can only assume same gearing)
Rear 17.5L-24....RC 145
Front 10-16.5.....RC of 93

Makes that ratio 1.559

Seems a bit of a stretch to me. But dont notice people complaining about the R4 Fronts being pushed along as a result.....so must still be withing the lead/lag design parameters.

I am kicking around the idea of putting R4's on the front ONLY of my MX.

Giving me 14.9-26 rears and 12-16.5 fronts. That would make the ratio 1.525.
Slowing the fronts down a tad, but not as extreme as the GL....which again I assume is the same mechanical gearing inside.

Fronts dont offer much pull anyway, so lost traction would be minimal. But the wider footprint and a heavier duty tire are what Im after. 9.5's sink in the mud doing heavy loader work alot more than 12-16.5's will

/ 2012 MX5100 #39  
There is only a difference on the industrial R4's.

Not sure how kubota swings it though......

Ag (R1) options for both machines are
Rear....14.9-26 with a rolling circumference of 148
Front ...9.5-16 with a RC of 101

Making front to rear ratio of ~1.465

R4 options for the MX are
Rear 17.5L-24.....RC of 145
Front 12-16.5.....RC of 97

Ratio is close to ags at 1.494

But the R4 options for the GL (which has the SAME R1 options an same chassis so I can only assume same gearing)
Rear 17.5L-24....RC 145
Front 10-16.5.....RC of 93

Makes that ratio 1.559

Seems a bit of a stretch to me. But dont notice people complaining about the R4 Fronts being pushed along as a result.....so must still be withing the lead/lag design parameters.

I am kicking around the idea of putting R4's on the front ONLY of my MX.

Giving me 14.9-26 rears and 12-16.5 fronts. That would make the ratio 1.525.
Slowing the fronts down a tad, but not as extreme as the GL....which again I assume is the same mechanical gearing inside.

Fronts dont offer much pull anyway, so lost traction would be minimal. But the wider footprint and a heavier duty tire are what Im after. 9.5's sink in the mud doing heavy loader work alot more than 12-16.5's will
I really liked the 12's for loader work. In another thread someone guessed they went to the 10's on the Grand L series to make room for the cab, but I don't see that. If there was going to be interference it would be with the FEL, but the geometry of the FEL mount looked the same. I never did get around to trying the 12's on the 5740 before I sold the MX. Wish I had.

/ 2012 MX5100
Did you get the R1's you were after?

No, I did not. He was willing to swap with me , but the AG's on the other tractor were about worn out, so I just took these R4's and will give them a try.
The wide R4 front tire looks like it would work best for loader work.
If I decide I need A/G's I could probably purchase some rear rims and run AG's on the rear and leave R4's on the front for loader work