L3400 HST Hydraulic View Window Must Read

/ L3400 HST Hydraulic View Window Must Read #21  
I might just bite the bullet and change mine before it break with the newer part - the next time I change the HST fluid. I imagine fluid will leak out if I try to do it with fluid in there right?

canoetrpr: I jacked up the left side of the tractor in the rear and put a 4x6 under the wheel. Then jacked up the left front and was able to change it without spilling.

Part number is TC220-14614.

I got two so I'd have a spare. I figured that might also discourage Murphy.

Al

/ L3400 HST Hydraulic View Window Must Read #22  
My L3400 HST (100 hrs) sight glass broke also. It broke similar to others on this thread. Had it hauled in to the dealer and repaired. Cost me about $200 for hauling it to and from the dealer, about 14 miles round trip. The broken one was a clear plastic one and the replacement looks a lot more stronger. It sure was a lot of hassle and cost for a simple fix. Kubota has to know is a problem. You would think they would fix their problems via a recall or do a field fix before it becomes a real expense to their customers!

I hope that $200.00 included an oil change. If not, I think the dealer and I would have had an in depth discussion about it. Dealer gave me a new one at no charge because I asked him to cover it under warranty.

Terry

/ L3400 HST Hydraulic View Window Must Read #23  
Umm where is this "sight glass" located. Does my L3240 have one? Feeling like a moron if it does cause I've never noticed it.

Nope. Grand L models do not have a site glass. Just the dip stick in back.

/ L3400 HST Hydraulic View Window Must Read #25  
I might just bite the bullet and change mine before it break with the newer part - the next time I change the HST fluid. I imagine fluid will leak out if I try to do it with fluid in there right?

If you're not over filled I'm pretty sure you can get the level below the sight glass just by lifting the 3pt all the way up. If that doesn't do it, just find a safe place to raise your loader till you're clear while you make the change.

/ L3400 HST Hydraulic View Window Must Read #26  
Thank you Mr, Rice Rider

/ L3400 HST Hydraulic View Window Must Read #27  
I feel a little ripped off ...it seems like most of you got 180 hrs out of the sight glass. 173 hours and mine cracked. I thought it had came loose but when I tightened it I could tell it was about to break....of course it did break off when I went to remove it. Mine broke in exactly the same way shown in rice riders pictures.

Updated replacement part - 14.95
Deisel fuel to drive to the dealer and back - 10.00
Finding the info in this forum that saved me from losing all the hydraulic fluid by leaning the tractor over - priceless.

/ L3400 HST Hydraulic View Window Must Read #28  
Mine as cracked twice. The last time I got one, and a spare, they had been updated to the "green" design.
I am pretty sure they crack from the heat.
FYI, I have an L4400DT, this issue is not limited to the L3400.

/ L3400 HST Hydraulic View Window Must Read #29  
I just bought a used 2006 L3400 HST and notice that my HST Hydraulic View Window was broken yesterday. As I was removing the treaded portion, a very small piece, maybe 1/16 by 1/16 fell into the hole. How concerned should I be? What kind of damage might that cause? What is the best way to remove it?

New kubota L3400 owner.

/ L3400 HST Hydraulic View Window Must Read #30  
I just bought a used 2006 L3400 HST and notice that my HST Hydraulic View Window was broken yesterday. As I was removing the treaded portion, a very small piece, maybe 1/16 by 1/16 fell into the hole. How concerned should I be? What kind of damage might that cause? What is the best way to remove it?

New kubota L3400 owner.

Filters should get it before it could get to anything critical, and it is Plastic. I would probably not worry about it. I know easy for me to say, not my tractor, but opening up a tractor to get a little piece of plastic... nah. I don't think so.

James K0UA