Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX
Bump again for those doing or considering doing their own 50 hour service. It's to easy to do yourself to pay someone else to do it.

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #52  
Thanks to JT I am approaching my 150 hour BX25 maintenance and it still has not had to return to the dealer for servicing! :thumbsup:

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #53  
Thanks for the bumps, or I would never have seen this...

I do have a question on the screen though.. it seems when you take it out fluid comes out. Wouldn't it be a good idea to clean this after draining the hydro fluid and before adding the new in? I plan on replacing the fluid at my 50 hour interval. So I would imagine you drain hydro fluid, replace filter, clean screen, add new fluid. I could me missing something here. :)

Sorry if that was stated, but I read a couple where it seemed like the fluid coming out when cleaning the screen wasn't expected. :)

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #54  
Thanks for the bumps, or I would never have seen this...

I do have a question on the screen though.. it seems when you take it out fluid comes out. Wouldn't it be a good idea to clean this after draining the hydro fluid and before adding the new in? I plan on replacing the fluid at my 50 hour interval. So I would imagine you drain hydro fluid, replace filter, clean screen, add new fluid. I could me missing something here. :)

Sorry if that was stated, but I read a couple where it seemed like the fluid coming out when cleaning the screen wasn't expected. :)

You should have a 1" tapered rubber plug (hardware store) or a tapered 1" wine bottle cork handy. If you are quick, you will only lose an ounce. With the plug in there, you can slowly and carefully go about your business.

Replacing all that expensive SUDT is not necessary, as per current Kubota schedule. Want to do it at 150 hours/2 years? No one would probably blame you.

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX
Do it whenever you want. Maybe even at 25 hours to be safe or do it when the Kubota Company recommends. Copy of their email to me concerning when to change it.

John, the person or persons from TBN do not know what they are talking
about. There has not been a Service Bulletin or even a notice sent to the
dealers that this is a mistake in the Operators manual. Kubota Tractor
recommends for you to follow your Operators manuals for servicing of each
unit you have. The BX2660 and the BX25 do not have to have the transmission
fluid change until it reaches the 400 hour mark. For the F2680, it is the
200 hour mark. The transmission oil filters need to be replaced and the
suction strainers cleaned at or before the 50 hour mark for all three
units. Your selling dealer can also assist you if you have any questions in
regard to servicing your tractors. Thank you for purchasing and contacting
Kubota Tractor Corp..

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #57  
Ah, that clears things up great! I'll put a "plug" on the shopping list.. :) Where the best place to get a 1" rubber plug? Any hardware store?

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #58  
Most hardware stores have rubber stoppers in drawers with dividers like nuts and bolts. I found a #5 worked best in my BX25. Good Luck! :thumbsup:

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #59  
150 hour service complete on my BX25! :thumbsup:
Safety checks, grease & tire nut checks and success was mine! :D

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #60  
Ah, that clears things up great! I'll put a "plug" on the shopping list.. :) Where the best place to get a 1" rubber plug? Any hardware store?

Don't get the rubber plug. The EASIEST and CLEANEST way to do this is:

Have an assistant (bikini clad female preferred) and have them hold a shop vac on the opening that the dipstick goes in. While the vacuum is on and over the hole, remove the screen. NO oil loss at all!! No fussing...no slipping with the cork. No hassle...:thumbsup:

Deano