BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit #21  
Bellweather,my bx with a trac-vac has been my answer for leaves for some time now.I would never go back to the RAKE for sure.If you shop around for a used one in the the off season they can be had for aound $600 bucks, add a boot to fit your tractor or if your handy adapt the one that comes with your used trac vac and never look back. Stay with 5 hp or larger with 8" hose's and you should be good to go.Add mulcher blades to your deck for a more finer cut. I live on 12 acres my house sits in the middle of 7 acres of oak,hickory + some other hard woods the leaves come from all directions I live your dream for sure. Good luck.

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit
redharley, I did a quick search on the trac vc and it looks interesting. which model do you own? I like the bx model because it's driven by the rear pto.
thanks

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit #23  
Bellweather, Cyclone rake is another good unit. Softsided, NO pto option for power but it can fold flat and be hung on a wall for storage. My dad has one and it is great. There is one on CL that is a great price. A quick use of searchtempest.com will help you find it. I want to say it was in NH or Maine...not sure. I want to get it myself but other expenseive have arisen and I need to wait. You might want to look at that unit.

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit
Looks good. Not crazy about maintaining another motor but I guess it's less trouble than raking massive piles of leaves. Plus, brand new, it's about half the price of the Kubota bagger unit. Thanks for sending.

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit #25  
I'm with you but for the money you cant really beat it. I like the kubota setup also but its some big money for that. Let me know how everything goes.

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit #26  
Success with mulching depends on quantity and kind of leaves...mine are oak...they decompose slowly, acidify soil, and sheer volume would kill grass...

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit #27  
Looks good. Not crazy about maintaining another motor but I guess it's less trouble than raking massive piles of leaves. Plus, brand new, it's about half the price of the Kubota bagger unit. Thanks for sending.

Think about resale value and how wide the market would be if you get a unit and don't like it. For an independent unit like Cyclone Rake or Trac-Vac, you would have a certain sized market. For the Kubota, you would need to find someone with a very specific tractor. You'd likely find someone, but probably would have to take a pretty good sized loss on it.

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit #28  
redharley, I did a quick search on the trac vc and it looks interesting. which model do you own? I like the bx model because it's driven by the rear pto.
thanks

i've had trac vac for over 30 yrs, best on the market, never tried the bx model but would be easier with one less motor to fuss with! Make sure u have enough pto hp for it and the mower at same time. i mow and also use a pto leaf blower and im about maxed out! bx2660:thumbsup:

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit #29  
I have had a cyclone rake since 2004 and would be lost come fall without it. One added thought on a trailer vac vs a tractor specific unit is that if you change tractors, just get another boot and you're back in business. Not so with a unit specific to your tractor model.

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit #30  
Bellweather I would stick to a self powered model for sure small engine not that difficult to service. Resale value is one reason,as said before if you change tractors your unit will still work with a few dollars to buy a new deck boot. as I said before My 5 horse model does a good job for me it is a older model I beleive 580 is the model,or go to the 8 hp model if your pocketbook allows, mine has a larger trailer which I highly suggest if you have a lot of leaves. You can mow a lot of grass before it needs emptied.