BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit #41  
Rake what!?! That's what kids are for! :laughing: If they gripe ask them if they wanna eat. :licking: That's what dad did, worked too. :thumbsup:
T-Man. :cool:

Good Point, and I always remind my neighbors about the (potential) usefulness of their children. However, my bagger, and indeed my BX with all it's attachments, was a whole heck of a lot cheaper than a college education!
I like the bagger. It is a pain to move around when it is off the tractor but not so much that I've bothered to figure out a way to improve on it. The first time is no fun! I have a lot of tight spaces on my property and a lot of trees and the BX with bagger gets around all the obstacles pretty well and does a great job of picking up the leaves. Yes, the bags do fill fast and I have to make a lot of trips to the pile, but it's all good and so much more fun than the $20.00 option. If my property were more open, I might have gone with a trac-vac.

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit
Getting back to my initial question about the conversion kit....the dealer cannot say for certain whether the bagger conversion kit for my BX22 will fit without making modifications. The big question is how extensive are the modifications? He isn't sure!!!???

Moreover there are 2 different conversion kits: BX3086 for mounting the GCK60-23BX bagger to a BX24 and BX25, and conversion kit BX042 for mounting the GCK60-23BX bagger to a BX1500,BX1800, BX1830, BX2200 and BX2230...everything except a BX22!!!

I think it's because the BX22 frame has provisions for a backhoe built into it, but I'm not sure?

If anybody can shed some light on this issue I would be grateful.

Thanks

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit #43  
I believe that the BX3086 changes the bagger from 3 pt mounting to mounting onto the BH subframe. I dont actually have one but that is what the dealer told me when I looked into it.

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit #44  
Bellweather, & Stradbash,
LOL, Yeah I wish. My 16yo daughter gets up at the crack of noon on the weekends if I pull the covers off her bed, & hose her down with ice cold well water. :rolleyes: When she turned 16 she asked me what kind of car I was getting her for her birthday. I told her "A deuce & a half :laughing: :dance1: She got a puzzled look & I told her to go look it up. 20 minutes later I heard "MOM!!! Dad's being mean to me again!: :cool2: I don't know, my parents never gave a vehicle. They did sell me a '71 dart, 225 with 300k on it for $500 :( (AKA "The A$$less Rust Bucket" because the rearend was rusted out & it couldn't get out of it's own way.) & a '74 dart Se, 318 with 500k+ on it for $250, (AKA "The Blue Smoke Bomb", Never had to change the oil, just the filter, burned the rest), but GIVE me a car? No. :confused: I'm NOT kidding about the deuce & half either. These are my reasons:
Indestructable (1/8" steel on 1/4" I-beam frame),
Reliable (why the US military used them for 50-60 YEARS),
Plenty of spare parts available, (Since they were made for 50-60 yrs on the same basic pattern, & they're being sold off as surplus)
Cannot be lost (too big, ugly, & OD GREEN sticks out like a sore thumb),
Stolen (who'd know how to start, or drive a 12sp split rear, diesel with a starter switch & PTO, present group & Veterans excluded, of course),
Stuck (6WD + the 35000# winch + 30" of ground clearance),
Run out of fuel (2-65Gal fuel tanks),
Run on ANYTHING (These beasts are All Fuels, They run on everything including the used vegetable oil free from Macdonalds, or Burger Fling, so fuel costs aren't an issue),
Only 2 bucket seats, (with 2 sticks, PTO lever & a HUGE hump between them, no fooling around in the cab),
Open flat bed (or maybe she can have the unheated canvas hoop back. Either way, too uncomfortable to fool around),
Will always turn over, 2 separate & switchable 24V batteries (so having a dead battery is NOT an excuse for a missed curfew),
Cheap insurance (cause if anything hits it, who cares? They'll do more damage to their own POS, IF they can even drive away. If they can't, well then, they pay for repairs. If she hits anything with it, they die, so she can make up whatever story clears her.),
No stereo, GPS, or Phone (So it won't distract her while driving),
Safe (because nobody will get near it with 5/16" STEEL bumpers front & rear),
Speed, There IS a governor, 65mph is going to be the top speed. (It can pull a stump out of the ground, but It isn't going to out race VW Beetle.)
Won't get busted up being broken into, (nothing worth stealing, & they can See that fact)
Cheap (they're being auctioned off for ~$4k).
Works for me. :laughing: The wife wasn't amused, no sense of humor. :confused3: Women, go figure. :D
My 12yo son is a different ball of wax, up at 06:00 everyday :eek: 7:00 on the weekends. Maybe not a smiling bundle of joy, but up, dressed & ready to go. :thumbsup: Ask him if he wants to do anything involving the tractor & stand back. :tractor: :cloud9: He's a good Scout. He said he'd take the deuce & a half if his sister didn't want it. :licking: :drool: :rolleyes:

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit #45  
If you are still interested I have a GCK60-BX grass catcher for sale. I purchased it new for my BX1830 and it's in great condition. I'm asking $700.00. Bob in Ohio

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit #46  
Funny this thread popped back up. I moved and now have a plethora of oaks and maples in the new yard. I bought a new stihl blower from Ace Hardware and a like new troybuilt chipper/shredder off craigslist to deal with the leaves. Even shredded at a supposed 10/1, I have bagged about ten 42 gallon bags full and have probably 5 more blown up into a pile waiting to be fed to the shredder.

If you had put that catcher up here about 5 weeks ago, I would have bought it for my 2660 in a heartbeat.

Ian

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit #47  
Anyone out there have a GCK60-23BX for sale near South Jersey?

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit #49  
Bellweather, & Stradbash,
LOL, Yeah I wish. My 16yo daughter gets up at the crack of noon on the weekends if I pull the covers off her bed, & hose her down with ice cold well water. :rolleyes: When she turned 16 she asked me what kind of car I was getting her for her birthday. I told her "A deuce & a half :laughing: :dance1: She got a puzzled look & I told her to go look it up. 20 minutes later I heard "MOM!!! Dad's being mean to me again!: :cool2: I don't know, my parents never gave a vehicle. They did sell me a '71 dart, 225 with 300k on it for $500 :( (AKA "The A$$less Rust Bucket" because the rearend was rusted out & it couldn't get out of it's own way.) & a '74 dart Se, 318 with 500k+ on it for $250, (AKA "The Blue Smoke Bomb", Never had to change the oil, just the filter, burned the rest), but GIVE me a car? No. :confused: I'm NOT kidding about the deuce & half either. These are my reasons:
Indestructable (1/8" steel on 1/4" I-beam frame),
Reliable (why the US military used them for 50-60 YEARS),
Plenty of spare parts available, (Since they were made for 50-60 yrs on the same basic pattern, & they're being sold off as surplus)
Cannot be lost (too big, ugly, & OD GREEN sticks out like a sore thumb),
Stolen (who'd know how to start, or drive a 12sp split rear, diesel with a starter switch & PTO, present group & Veterans excluded, of course),
Stuck (6WD + the 35000# winch + 30" of ground clearance),
Run out of fuel (2-65Gal fuel tanks),
Run on ANYTHING (These beasts are All Fuels, They run on everything including the used vegetable oil free from Macdonalds, or Burger Fling, so fuel costs aren't an issue),
Only 2 bucket seats, (with 2 sticks, PTO lever & a HUGE hump between them, no fooling around in the cab),
Open flat bed (or maybe she can have the unheated canvas hoop back. Either way, too uncomfortable to fool around),
Will always turn over, 2 separate & switchable 24V batteries (so having a dead battery is NOT an excuse for a missed curfew),
Cheap insurance (cause if anything hits it, who cares? They'll do more damage to their own POS, IF they can even drive away. If they can't, well then, they pay for repairs. If she hits anything with it, they die, so she can make up whatever story clears her.),
No stereo, GPS, or Phone (So it won't distract her while driving),
Safe (because nobody will get near it with 5/16" STEEL bumpers front & rear),
Speed, There IS a governor, 65mph is going to be the top speed. (It can pull a stump out of the ground, but It isn't going to out race VW Beetle.)
Won't get busted up being broken into, (nothing worth stealing, & they can See that fact)
Cheap (they're being auctioned off for ~$4k).
Works for me. :laughing: The wife wasn't amused, no sense of humor. :confused3: Women, go figure. :D
My 12yo son is a different ball of wax, up at 06:00 everyday :eek: 7:00 on the weekends. Maybe not a smiling bundle of joy, but up, dressed & ready to go. :thumbsup: Ask him if he wants to do anything involving the tractor & stand back. :tractor: :cloud9: He's a good Scout. He said he'd take the deuce & a half if his sister didn't want it. :licking: :drool: :rolleyes:

That's funny! :laughing:

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit #50  
Well hello again folx,
It's been awhile since my last post. 16yo daughter now 18 thank GAWD! Son is 14 & just got his tractor license & is running his own lawn service, with my BX22 of course! :D 2 1/2 is STILL on the wish list!

Clear Dark Skies
Trafficman
39.138274 -77.168898
Alt 518ft ASL

Last edited: