BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit #11  
I love it when folk "pay themselves" some imaginary wage. LOL..

I'm gonna make a bundle when I go to bet in a few minutes. Should have the mortgage paid by morning. :D

Ian

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit #12  
I love it when folk "pay themselves" some imaginary wage. LOL..

I'm gonna make a bundle when I go to bet in a few minutes. Should have the mortgage paid by morning. :D

Ian
Man after my own heart. Since the elections last fall we are not allowed to hire union folks so have to settle for higher wages so I can help the economy. I am going to offset the taxes by banking in the Grand Caymans or Switzerland. God bless the GOP!

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit #13  
Careful, the Swiss are narking folk out left and right now. Their banking system is as full of holes as their cheese.

Ian

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit #14  
Careful, the Swiss are narking folk out left and right now. Their banking system is as full of holes as their cheese.

Ian

Makes me wonder why you bought that tractor when I'm confident you already owned a shovel and a wheelbarrow ..............:confused::confused:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit
Hey any of you guys who don't think your time is worth money, please come on over to my place and mow my lawn for a handshake. You can use my tractor. I'll even throw in a beer if you do a good job.

...and bring a rake for the leaves cause I don't have a bagger.

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit #16  
Makes me wonder why you bought that tractor when I'm confident you already owned a shovel and a wheelbarrow

Actually, I own 2 spades and 1 shovel, but no wheelbarrow. The tractor's main job is going to be mowing the lawn because my other mower died.

What you should have retorted is "Why did you buy that mower when you have a pair of scissors." :laughing: I didn't buy it because of any fictional wage, I bought it because I don't have a grass comb to go with the scissors. The MMF (mid-mount flowbee) eliminates the need for the comb. :)

Bellweather,
If I'm working for you, my time = your money. But whether I vacuum my leaves or use a rake, my bank account balance doesn't change, therefore, my time didn't have any monetary value to me. If I had to take unpaid time off from work to vacuum/rake my leaves, or if I hired someone to do it, then raking my leaves would have monetary value.

Hmmm... if I was raking leaves on the weekend instead of doing something recreational and I opted to take time off during the week to go fishing or something because of that then maybe you could say that raking leaves cost me vacation time.

If I wanted to hire you to come collect my leaves and you couldn't because you were behind on collecting your own and I hired someone else before you could get to it, then collecting your leaves cost you the money you would have earned collecting mine and you could say that your time was worth money in that instance.

You time is only worth money if you are raking instead of doing something that would have earned money. If you are raking instead of typing here or watching the game, then there is no monetary value to it.

I still think that grass catcher is insanely high. :)
Ian

Does seem rather expensive...but I gotta addresss the time-pit issue somehow and I do not want to buy own maintain another motorized machine. To me there is value in spending money if it will save me time and energy (isn't that one of the reasons we all bought tractors?). My weekends are precious and whie I do enjoy working outside, mowing/raking consumes a major chunk of my day. I would rather be on my bike, tinkering with my old car, kayaking, etc. There is a rade off, to buy more time for the tings I want to do, I will spend money...I guess you can say that time = money.

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit #18  
Yep, I totally understand. I have a couple sycamore trees of decent size that drop leaves. I just let the leaves lay or more often than not, the wind will pick up and relocate them for me.

Have you considered mulching the leaves and letting them lay (or blow away)? A mulch kit might be a cheaper option.

I have my summer list all written up and prioritized... I do a little flat water - class 2 kayaking. Basically if I need a skirt, it's too rough. I do a little kayak fishing too.

Ian

I need to look into the mulching option. I'll continue to explore the bagging option...hopefully there is a cheaper alternative.

/ BX Grass Catcher Conversion Kit #20  
I need to look into the mulching option. I'll continue to explore the bagging option...hopefully there is a cheaper alternative.

The mulcher works well for me because I have few leaves and can depend on cutting when dry. Raked leaves can be mulched in a shredder, but too many leaves on the ground can be more than a mulching mower can handle. It just depends on how many leaves you have. Even with shredded up material, if you leave too much of it, that'll block sunlight and kill the grass. No matter how fine you chop it up, you can only leave so much on top of the grass.