Help me spend my money WISELY on options for a new L5740HSTC

/ Help me spend my money WISELY on options for a new L5740HSTC #11  
TnT is Tip and Tilt or Top and Tilt.

The top link of your three point hitch is replaced with a hydraulic ram, as is one of the side link. Then, you can tilit you scraper or other implement side to side, or tilt it forward/backward. For instance, you might want one side of your scraper or grader blade set lower than the other to clean a ditch. Simply move the hydraulic lever.

You can make the same adjustments with your existing toplink or side link. It just makes it a lot easier on the fly.

Thanks for the replies. Although I have a Kubota TLB now, I'm not very tractor savoy. Please explain what a "hydraulic top link" and "TNT" is, what it's used for and is an option that the dealer can install? Also, what do you guys use the remotes for and why would I need as many as three? Thanks.

/ Help me spend my money WISELY on options for a new L5740HSTC
Thanks for that explanation. On the Kubota site, when configuring the remote valves, I have to make a choice between two valve types, Please explain what each is used for.

Remote Hydraulic Valves
Mounting Base with Valve Kits

DOUBLE ACTING VALVE
FLOAT DETENT VALVE

/ Help me spend my money WISELY on options for a new L5740HSTC #13  
I don't keep up with all the model #'s so I'm not familiar with your'Bota, but I found out a long time ago that #1 is,buy the transmission that you want 1st. then the HP. The rest of the tractor will do, but since you ask,
get all the extra hyd. outlets you can, including on the fel.
telescoping draft links
bumper/wt. bracket
block heater
Loader work and bush hogging demands a good "shuttle" for direction change.
Enjoy your new tractor when you finally get her home!:drink:

/ Help me spend my money WISELY on options for a new L5740HSTC #14  
If you are going to do much if any grading, Top and Tilt ("TnT") is the way to go. If you are going to get an industrial grade box blade, they will have hydraulic actuated rippers, so you would need a 3rd rear remote for those. If you are going to get a rear blade, it is REAL NICE to have at least the angle controlled with a hydraulic. (again a need for the 3rd rear remote) When you order the 3 rear remotes, should get at least 2 of them with the float function, I would get all 3 with the float function. Do you have a road or drive that you will be maintaining? This is where the hydraulics really make your life sooooooo much easier and you will end up with a better job because you WILL make adjustments that people just don't make when they have to be made manually.

Lots of different implements to consider for each and every job at hand.

Here are a few pics to give you and idea. ;)

Attachments

• PC220025.JPG
    PC220025.JPG
    402.4 KB · Views: 138
  • P3310021.JPG
    P3310021.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 117
  • PC200041.JPG
    PC200041.JPG
    420.5 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    886.5 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 134
  • implements & trailers moved 017.jpg
    implements & trailers moved 017.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0280.JPG
    IMG_0280.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 108
  • P4140004.JPG
    P4140004.JPG
    410.2 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 160
  • P4260026.JPG
    P4260026.JPG
    392 KB · Views: 126
  • PC290001.JPG
    PC290001.JPG
    388.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0288.JPG
    IMG_0288.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0291.JPG
    IMG_0291.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0292.JPG
    IMG_0292.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 102
   / Help me spend my money WISELY on options for a new L5740HSTC #15  
If it has not been mentioned, a BH Thumb is an absolute must have.

Extreme Metal Products is what I chose. Do your research.

Lights fore and aft would be next.

A toolbox is awesome.

A Fire Extinguisher, 5 ponder minimum is a must.

Front and rear 2" receiver hitches are nice.

Heck my lil BX25 thread called "BX25 Goodies" will give you
a lot of ideas I think. It matters not the size, concepts remain the same.

/ Help me spend my money WISELY on options for a new L5740HSTC #16  
Thanks for that explanation. On the Kubota site, when configuring the remote valves, I have to make a choice between two valve types, Please explain what each is used for.

Remote Hydraulic Valves
Mounting Base with Valve Kits

DOUBLE ACTING VALVE
FLOAT DETENT VALVE

DOUBLE ACTING VALVE is a simple 3 position valve. Hydraulic in, neutral and hydraulic out. This would be used for the angle hydraulic on a rear blade or the hydraulic actuated rippers mentioned earlier. Pretty much any hydraulic that you would only want to move it and have it set in that position.

FLOAT DETENT VALVE is a 4 position valve. Hydraulic in, neutral , hydraulic out and float position with a detent (holds the lever in that position on it's own). The float position allows the hydraulic ram to float, it can go in & out on it's own. There are times that this is nice to have when grading, so the control for the tilt cylinder and there are times when the float position is used with the top link, mowing would be an example. So a second control with the float position.

Hope that some of this helps you out. ;)

/ Help me spend my money WISELY on options for a new L5740HSTC #17  
I would go with at least 2 remotes, and 1 with float, tnt, a radio, rear work lights are a must, and a rear wiper may come in handy.

/ Help me spend my money WISELY on options for a new L5740HSTC
It looks like I can't have a TnT AND a bh together. The site complains when I try to configure that way.

/ Help me spend my money WISELY on options for a new L5740HSTC #19  
If your backhoe will always be mounted, that is true. Thus, you will never use any 3 point hitch implements and have no need for a TnT. Thus the configurator makes sense that way.

However, if you dismount the backhoe and use the 3PH, then you will be using a top link....and the top link can surely be a hydraulic one. It's just that the configurator is not built to understand both the mounted and dismounted options. A discussion with your dealer may reveal if there are any real incompatibility issues I'm not aware of.

Another option, not from Kubota, you may wish to consider is Pat's Easy Change system....there are threads here discussing it.

/ Help me spend my money WISELY on options for a new L5740HSTC #20  
Depending on your needs the front remotes along with QA grapple setup if you have any or many trees and brush to deal with. I dont think Kubota has those on their configurator also some of these options would be best priced by the dealer.

Sounds like a real nice machine!

Carl