Kubota will buy back my B3030

/ Kubota will buy back my B3030
Hello HammerFour

In response to your comments

<font color="blue"> </font> "You mention that there should be a switch to prevent it starting in gear, then you go on to mention situations where you start it from the ground or knock it into gear mounting or dismounting...... "

<font color="black"> </font> I 'm not the one that mentioned about knocking it into gear mounting or dismounting...... But fyi if you were sitting in the seat and then knocked it into gear while dismounting the tractor will shut off within a few seconds because of the operator presence feature.

<font color="blue"> </font> "The tractor already has a seat switch and a pedal neutral switch ( maybe more ). "

The seat switch (operator presence) doesn't work if you first start the tractor without sitting in the seat first. Other than the tractor shutting down after traveling 3, 6, 9, 12, 17 ft. there isn't any safety switch when first starting the tractor from the ground.

<font color="blue"> </font> "How many switches do you need to keep you from doing unsafe things?"

To protect a child, an inquisitive adult from starting the tractor from the ground, a least one. I repeat there none, zero, zilch

<font color="blue"> </font> "They could put in more safety switches but you if you don't follow the propery procedures ( don't start the tractor unless seated, don't dismount without setting brake and shifting in neutral and lowering implements/loader ) the operator can STILL find a way of making the tractor move from the ground or causing inadvertent movement by bumping levers while dismounting.... "

<font color="black"> </font> The point is no one was purposely doing anything to be unsafe. The situation occured because of a lack of a safety switch compounded by misinformation.

<font color="blue"> </font> "I think in this case the owners manual needs correcting, but thats it."

<font color="black"> </font> I disagree. Kubota should have put in a safety switch. At the very least, having to have the seat be tipped forward before the tractor can be started from the ground. But at a minimum, don't you agree every owner of the B3030 should be given the correct information to avoid a the potental danger. Seems like that would not only be fair but the right thing to do.

<font color="blue"> </font> "They have offered to buy your tractor back at full cost, which in my opinion is going above and beyond considering the lack of cause you have presented."

<font color="black"> </font> I sure have to disagree with you there. The reason they made said offer was because I had cause as does every other owner of a B3030. I just don't think that you understand this whole situation. I sure hope that the above information helps you to grasp the whole point of my interaction with Kubota.

Any other questions or comments?

John

/ Kubota will buy back my B3030 #32  
Ok, to make the tractor move when started from the ground, what conditions have to be met?

The hydro pedal has to be in neutral, is that all?

So the tractor can be in gear ( as in a speed range selected ), no operator in the seat, and the brake not set?

So to get the tractor moving without an operator on it what has to happen?

The tractor must be started, and then the hydro pedal moved, right?

Then the tractor will move x number of feet depending on the speed range the tractor is in and the throttle setting, correct?

There is one additional switch that will help you here, that would be the key switch.

If you have children around or inquisitive adults, take the keys out and put them away somewhere.

/ Kubota will buy back my B3030 #33  
Agree with Hammerfour, this is not a safety issue, It all boils down to knowing how you're machine operates, they all operate a little different depending on options, model,manufacturer. Thats why its important to see how it operates before you buy so you are sure you will be comfortable with it. This is no safety isssue. The manual writup could have been a little clearer.

/ Kubota will buy back my B3030 #34  

Saw this thread while searching for info on the 3030 (want to replace my bx with a cab & AC like on my big NH).

Am I just uninformed or did some of the guys above slip up? My BX-2200 has NO clutch because it is HST. I have never seen a clutch on a full hydrostatic tractor. What purpose would it serve?

Even with the concerns expressed above, will look at trading my bx on a B3030 to get ac in a not-so-large tractor for raking hay, cutting, etc.

Jim

/ Kubota will buy back my B3030 #35  
My B2910 HST has a clutch. <font color="orange"> Kubota </font> was using a clutch on most of their tractors until the BX and Grande L 30 tractors.
I think the B3030 would be kind of light for cutting and raking a lot of hay.

/ Kubota will buy back my B3030 #36  
And I am misinformed on the clutch-less HST's.

I cannot imagine a tractor without a clutch. How does one go about feathering in the PTO attachments?

When all hades breaks loose it is stomp on clutch and brakes time!

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kubota will buy back my B3030 #37  
If you throttle down (like you should on all tractors) and slip it in impelments come up just fine. The tractor has some sort of built in feathering that helps with heavy implements. I would consider it a disadvantage with a post hole digger, i like clutches for that.

/ Kubota will buy back my B3030 #38  
<font color="blue"> When all hades breaks loose it is stomp on clutch and brakes time! </font>

Yep, and since I drive only stick shift vehicles, it is a reflex reaction. I don't lose time trying to find the PTO switch. That's on my Branson; on my Power-Trac, I've gotta fumble for the switch. Hands down, shutting down a PTO driven implement is much quicker with the clutch than the switch.

/ Kubota will buy back my B3030 #39  
The dealer explained it to me as a multi plate (#9) hydrostatic self feathering pto clutch. I was skeptical myself, but it works great. Keep in mind this pto is independent, you can disengage any time, any speed without stopping the foward progress of the machine.

/ Kubota will buy back my B3030 #40  
Even it it wasn't self feathering couldn't you engage it and disengage it a couple of times to get the implement engaged completely.

KO