I think i broke my tractor

/ I think i broke my tractor #31  
I just went through re-torquing the bolts on my Stoll aftermarket loader...
My loader has 15/16 bolts with 4 on each side of the frame...
I usually check mine once a year at the beginning of mowing season and I always have the top bolts needing a little snugging...
For some reason the bottom ones stay tighter...
I do not do a lot of heavy work with my loader and do not abuse it in anyway but I can tell you for a fact that those bolts do work loose and need checking...
You need to tighten the top bolts more after 1st checking that you have about an inch of thread engagement. There is absolutely no excuse for 15/16 dia bolts coming loose on a small tractor. The ones on my 7520 [a 12K# TL setup] are only 18mm - a little under 3/4". They never move and much of my work is heavy.
larry

/ I think i broke my tractor #32  
If it is common for these bolts to loosen up, then shouldn't the dealers be telling buyers about it when they deliver the tractor? If the dealer knows something like that is a common issue, I'd be upset if he never mentioned it to me and then, when I had a problem, he passed it off as a common problem.

/ I think i broke my tractor #33  
If it is common for these bolts to loosen up, then shouldn't the dealers be telling buyers about it when they deliver the tractor? If the dealer knows something like that is a common issue, I'd be upset if he never mentioned it to me and then, when I had a problem, he passed it off as a common problem.

It's very common that's why it listed in the manual as to be check every # of hours of use.

/ I think i broke my tractor #34  
   / I think i broke my tractor #35  
Every tractor owner should have a good torque wrench and sockets. I've always had a bad habit of over tightening nuts and twisting entire bolts off if I don't use one.

/ I think i broke my tractor #36  
Originally Posted by SPYDERLK In other words: tacit acknowledgement of a design problem in the loader equipped tractor that they are making the customer responsible for. larry

Just like if you something pulled on a hose you end up with a slow leak you don't check your oil level and you end up paying for a new transmission.

/ I think i broke my tractor #37  
Now theres an analogy for you. :rolleyes:

/ I think i broke my tractor #39  
So there is a big plan by tractor makers to screw owners.

Nah he just thinks every loader design not aproved by him is faulty. If he doesnt own it, its not good enough.

/ I think i broke my tractor #40