I think i broke my tractor

/ I think i broke my tractor #11  
Just made me go out and check mine. Don't think we ever did:eek: We have 650 hours. They are quite stout and take 1 1/8 socket. There are 12 total and 2 moved just a smidge and 2 moved a bit more than that. None were loose enough to make me nervous, but glad I checked.

/ I think i broke my tractor #12  
if your happy thats what matters. did they say what the cause was for all them loose bolts?
It was one or two of 2 things; 1] Inadequate size/# of bolts and fasteninng stance - a design problem, or 2] Inadequate initial tightening during installation. If there is motion in the fastened joint it will work loose. All of my 7520 loader bolts were loose when delivered [100 vs 250 ft-lb]. None have loosened in the following 1100+ hrs.
larry

/ I think i broke my tractor #13  
I haven't had any problems with loader bolts, but I am forever retorquing the backhoe to frame bolts. They move around all the time. Check 'em if you have a backhoe.

/ I think i broke my tractor #14  
I haven't had any problems with loader bolts, but I am forever retorquing the backhoe to frame bolts. They move around all the time. Check 'em if you have a backhoe.
Mine did that.
Couldn't keep the bolts tight. Welded the bars to the backhoe and subframe. Never had a problem again.

/ I think i broke my tractor #15  
I have been test driving LS tractors at a dealer and will most likely become very acquainted with their operation soon as I have pretty much decided on a R4041H. One of the first things the dealer mentioned to me was there is a problem with these bolts coming loose and it is the owners responsibility to ensure they stay tight. And a guy I know just went through the same thing this OP did.

/ I think i broke my tractor #16  
I have been test driving LS tractors at a dealer and will most likely become very acquainted with their operation soon as I have pretty much decided on a R4041H. One of the first things the dealer mentioned to me was there is a problem with these bolts coming loose and it is the owners responsibility to ensure they stay tight. And a guy I know just went through the same thing this OP did.
In other words: tacit acknowledgement of a design problem in the loader equipped tractor that they are making the customer responsible for. Get a big discount.
larry

/ I think i broke my tractor #17  
Which ones are giving you throuble? The ones attaching the subframe to the rear axle housing? Be sure these pull the subframe into firm contact with the housing without having to flex the sub into contact. Mine [not Kioti] had to be shimmed so metal to metal contact would occur with just a couple ftlb rather than trying to "bend" the bracket into place with the 1st hundred ftlb.
larry

/ I think i broke my tractor #18  
In other words: tacit acknowledgement of a design problem in the loader equipped tractor that they are making the customer responsible for. Get a big discount.
larry

That's a bit of a stretch. Pretty much every tractor manufacturer has checking the loader attachment bolts on their periodic service checklists. In fact, I've seen you recommend that someone remove one of these bolts, to ensure at least one full bolt diameter worth of threading is making contact...and that was on another brand, so it's not just an LS issue.

When I did the 50hr service on my 4047, several of the loader bolts tightened up a bit, but none were what I would call loose. I've checked them twice in the subsequent 50hrs, and they haven't loosened up at all. That sounds a lot like what people report with many different brands.

/ I think i broke my tractor #19  
ya come on... even truck and auto manufacturers REQUIRE you to retorque tire bolts after so many hours of use. Its standard operating safety. Its NOT the manufacturers fault.

Lets take a little responsibility and not just jump on the blame game

/ I think i broke my tractor #20  
That's a bit of a stretch. Pretty much every tractor manufacturer has checking the loader attachment bolts on their periodic service checklists. In fact, I've seen you recommend that someone remove one of these bolts, to ensure at least one full bolt diameter worth of threading is making contact...and that was on another brand, so it's not just an LS issue.

When I did the 50hr service on my 4047, several of the loader bolts tightened up a bit, but none were what I would call loose. I've checked them twice in the subsequent 50hrs, and they haven't loosened up at all. That sounds a lot like what people report with many different brands.
Yes. I recall that ... a little. Checking thread engagement would probably have been part of formulating a solution to a problem that was being experienced. In the case of FEL fastenings I would feel insecure at only 1 dia thread engagement. Its a highly stressed situation employing hi strength bolts at their spec limit into castings that have variable pedigree and hole preparation. Top that with the tendency for the loader to be delivered and used loose and youve got some seesaw damage in the region of thread entrance before they are ever tightened appropriately. I am fortunate that the casting in the 7520 offers deep threaded holes -- I definitely used mine loose for several hrs immediately after delivery.
,,,Yes, there is some stretch, and it will always appear moreso if conditional issues are not fully factored in - or out where applicable. What I see is a dealer stating that there is a problem with "these" bolts coming loose. Im interpreting that as repetitively. The stretch from there to design issue is not so much. If it is a design issue it may be possible to accomodate it by tightening to the full spec of existing bolts or use of stronger bolts, hi strength washers to increase/spread the clamped area, and more torque. Essentially, a way around the design issue. Addressing by design would more appropriately involve a modification of various highly stressed joints to increase their stance - another bolt, slightly greater spacing. ... Hopefully the former workaround will be effective to fully stabilize the joints.

,,,Similar from another thread:
Good points. Typically bolts will loosen if the design does not include enuf of them or they cannot provide adequate tension for the usage. Both are design issues, and a mfg advising repeated tightenings ... and you finding them necessary, has mis speced the assembly for its purpose. My loader on the 7520 is mounted with 18MM 10.9 strength bolts ... ~the equivalent of 3/4 Gr8. Each bolt enters the casting thread about an inch and a half. They were assembled loose at 100 ftlb or so. I tightened them to 300, about 1/6 turn in most cases. Checked at 300 and 1000 hrs I have not been able to move them at 20 ftlb higher. The tractor weighs 12000# as set up and I use the loader for all its worth. If your bolts loosen try tightening them to the bolt spec after 1st verifying good thread engagement. If they continue to require retorquing you have cause for complaint.
larry