LS backhoe questions. please post pics of subframe mount.

/ LS backhoe questions. please post pics of subframe mount. #1  

hutchman

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS R3039, Deere SST16, Ariens APEX 60", Polaris Ranger 900 XP EPS
I'm trying to figure out a backhoe for my R3039.

Could those of you who have the LS backhoe post pictures of the subframe mount?

Do you have to remove the 3 point lift arms or stabilizer arms when backhoe is hooked up?

I'm not sure I can swing cost of new LS unit so I would like to see how the LS subframe attaches (hopefuly it is 4 point style) so can figure out if i can modify a subframe mount that is a close fit or fabricate one that I can then attach a used Woods BH7500 or similar backhoe.

I don't think I can buy just the LS subframe mount. I called around and it sounds like they are only sold with the backhoe.

Thanks for helping me figure out options.

/ LS backhoe questions. please post pics of subframe mount. #2  
You should be able to buy the sub frame through your dealer. Then adapt it to accept the BH7500.
Or you can call Woods to see if they have started making sub frames for LS tractors yet. LS has been around a few years now, maybe woods has adapted some of their hoes for use on an LS. I know they have sub frames for New Holland which are similar to LS. Maybe a NH frame can be adapted. Other than a factory BH and frame at this point I think you'd have to build your own for the BH7500.
At present I'm not looking or have a use for a BH but if I found a real good deal on a 3 pt. BH that I couldn't refuse I'd build my own sub frame.

/ LS backhoe questions. please post pics of subframe mount.
I contacted New Holland and asked if they sold a subframe mount for the Boomer 35 and they told me they listed a part number but it wasn't available for sale without the backhoe so they apparently sell as a complete unit.

I've asked my LS dealer if a subframe mount is available but haven't heard back from them yet.

I also contacted Woods and they don't make a LS subframe mount apparently.

So this is why I'm interested in seeing some pictures (or drawings if anyone has a sketch of one in a manual) of what these subframe mounts look like in case I just have to have one fabricated.

/ LS backhoe questions. please post pics of subframe mount. #4  
Other than the LS sub frame I haven't found any aftermarket ones. There are quite a few new 6.5', 7', 7.5', and 8" new BH's for sale online in the 4K price range from various companies that are tempting. As I mentioned I don't have a need for one right now but if I did I would have to build my own frame.
Used BH's like the BH7500 and others rarely come up for sale in my area and when they do they are usually in the 3-4K range. Knowing I can buy new for 4K I'd never pay 3-4K for used.
There have been a couple guys here that built their own frames for other tractors and posted a lot of pics. Do a search for BH sub frame build to check them out.

I found the thread on building your own subframe and read every word (it was excellent) and that's what got me thinking I could maybe do it cheaper. That's why I hope folks with the LS unit post pictures so I can get some ideas.

I asked my LS dealer for backhoe quote and haven't gotten anything firm yet but I think they are in the $6K range. Everything Attachments has South Korean made BH760 for $5.5K (doesn't include subframe) so that option is probably same as LS.

/ LS backhoe questions. please post pics of subframe mount. #6  
   / LS backhoe questions. please post pics of subframe mount. #7  
100_0457.JPG
100_0456.JPG
100_0461.JPG

Cool! Thanks. That looks like the ladder style. Is there no ridigid top link used in that style?

Looks like the lift arms and stabilizers have to come off or was that only because you were installing it for the first time?

I assume it ties into the loader mount in the front somehow. Do you have a picture of that?

Thanks again! Good stuff!

Last edited:
   / LS backhoe questions. please post pics of subframe mount. #9  
Heres the front hookup.
100_0449.JPG
Here's backhoe with lift arms and stabilizers on.
ForumRunner_20131126_091308.png
No top link needed.
Hope this helps.

Thanks 'blue me' for the pics!

Anyone know if the LB2100 mounts the same way as the pictures posted?