Backhoe installation question

/ Backhoe installation question #1  

SJJIM

Tractor
LS XR4150H, John Deere 420C
Hi all,

Well, after 4 months I finally took delivery of my L3104 backhoe, or should I say, my backhoe "kit", since it arrived with some assembly required! I would have hoped the dealership would have been a little more forthcoming in what was involved. I knew I would need to attach the two mounting brackets, since the tractor does not have them pre-installed. But, you also need to be able to support the backhoe boom with a hoist of some kind while attaching the dipperstick, and you also need to hook up the hydraulics to the tractor so you can extend the cylinder to line up the pin holes. So, I can't use my LS to hoist, since it needs to be attached to the hydraulics. I guess I will need to have my neighbor come over with his skid steer to support the boom.
My question has to do with mounting the front sub-frame bracket. It attaches in place of the cross member between the front of the two frame rails. To install it I need to unbolt the front end of the frame rails, remove the crossmember, and then bolt the mounting bracket in its place. So, for a few minutes the tractor does not have the support of the frame rails. I don't think this will be a problem since the tractor is just sitting there, but, just being a little cautious before proceeding. The dealership won't be open until Tuesday, so I can't ask them until then, and I am hoping to get this done tomorrow.

Thanks for any advice.

p.s. Since someone will probably ask why I didn't just take my tractor to the dealership and have them install it. I am about 1 3/4 hours away and don't have a trailer to haul it with. And I assumed it would arrive all put together! Happy New Year!

/ Backhoe installation question #2  
Just unbolt the front bracket and install the new one. You won’t have any issues. Just to be sure I would measure the new bracket against the old just to make sure you have the correct one.

What tractor model do you have?

/ Backhoe installation question #3  
Is the backhoe on a pallet? Do you have to lift the hoe to get to the subframe? Once you get the subframe bolted on you can hook up the hydraulic lines to lift and level the hoe for attaching.

/ Backhoe installation question
Just unbolt the front bracket and install the new one. You won’t have any issues. Just to be sure I would measure the new bracket against the old just to make sure you have the correct one.

What tractor model do you have?
XR4150

Is the backhoe on a pallet? Do you have to lift the hoe to get to the subframe? Once you get the subframe bolted on you can hook up the hydraulic lines to lift and level the hoe for attaching.
The hoe and sub frame came on different pallets. I will need to lift the hoe up (and likely off the pallet) to attach the subframe. The attaching holes on the hoe sit too low on the pallet to attach the sub frame. The instructions (not the most detailed) they provided say to lift the hoe off to attach to sub frame. The picture provided isn't that clear, so I will need to guess a bit on where to put the hoist straps.

/ Backhoe installation question #6  
Ok. That’s what I was thinking. Should be fairly straight forward. Bolt subframe with braces. When you get it ready to go on the tractor just remember to not have your drawbar pin in or it won’t slide in.

Ok. That’s what I was thinking. Should be fairly straight forward. Bolt subframe with braces. When you get it ready to go on the tractor just remember to not have your drawbar pin in or it won’t slide in.
Thank you for the advice.

/ Backhoe installation question #8  
For the assembly you might not have to mount the BH. You may have power beyond hoses that will reach, they are a little long because you generally hook them up first then position the BH under “it’s own power” before final hookup to the tractor.

I would confirm in writing they have warranty coverage if you mount the mounting brackets and assemble yourself though. Doesn’t seem quite right even though it’s pretty straightforward.

Bracket mounting does seem rather straightforward, pretty much impossible to attach them wrong, and then do say that you should periodically check to make sure the bolts and nuts are still tight.

Can't find exact info on the hose connecting. I have 3 pairs of couplers on the back of the tractor, and they show a picture connecting a hose to the bottom left coupler. Interestingly, they have you remove a bolt that is to the left of the pto shaft and install a female coupler there. What is that for? Does one of the hoses go there??