Buying Advice kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #291  
This is a picture of the newest SCUT from Kubota. The name is MaxBX.

Attachments

• SCUT.jpg
    SCUT.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 316
   / kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #292  
This is a picture of the newest SCUT from Kubota. The name is MaxBX.

Those ladder steps up into the cab are really unneeded on the MaxBX. That model "stoops" like a city bus whenever you want to get on or off. Mahindra plans to introduce/copy this easy access feature for the next model year, and call it MinHindrance.

Wrooster

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #293  
wrooster said:
Those ladder steps up into the cab are really unneeded on the MaxBX. That model "stoops" like a city bus whenever you want to get on or off. Mahindra plans to introduce/copy this easy access feature for the next model year, and call it MinHindrance.

Wrooster

Kubota already has announced MinHinrance+ as part of their Grand L SCUT line with turf tires. It automatically lowers the tractor when it sees a short person approaching.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #294  
Thanks for the replies,
I just got off the phone with my "local" mahindra dealer (97miles away).
He said .....
"due to the economy we will not get be getting the Max on site, we could order one BUT the Kobota would probably be your best bet."
Well I did appreciate his honesty. I asked him for a quote, called me back and told me that it would be $23,170 without catcher.
The Kobota dealer is only 25 miles away so I am leaning towards them.
I asked the mahindra dealer if he had any used small tractors. He has a 30hp john Deere with fel and backhoe for 15,700 this tractor only has 40 hours on it.......... good deal? Seems a little high.

Wow... 23k seems a bit high. I was quoted $24.5K for a 5035 HST with a loader not long ago.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #295  
But the point is they are breaking into the BX market with a B-sized machine. Not really an accurate comparison. I envision a customer looking at a Max, and listenting to a dealers sales pitch on it vs the BX, and then visiting the BX dealer and seeing how much bigger/stronger the max is. And at that moment, all a competent kubota salesman need to do is say "here, take a look at this B2620, it is closer to the size of the max"

Nothing against the Max, and I'm not saying its a bad tractor. I am saying that it is a deceptive marketing strategy. The max is more the size of the deere 2x20 and b2x20 series. If they want to build a SCUT to compete with the massey GC, deere 10 series, or BX, then do it honestly. All of these MFG's have those "competitive comparisons charts". And I dont see kubota saying how great a B is compared to a deere 10, no, they do it honestly and compare it to the 2x20.

And another final thought....someone looking for a Bx sized machine is probaball doing yard work. Mowing, mulching, etc. So is all that hyped "built in weight" and "heavier capacities" really a good thing?
Just a quick comment... I have a BX. It's been a great scut, but wish I had more weight. The backhoe really pulls it forward during excavation. I'm considering a Max 28xl for the size and weight.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #296  
the kubota bx 25 is not considered a full cat 1 3 point hitch,I purchased a cat 1 post hole digger and it is too big for the 3 point hook up
Yeap... same thing with a trailer hitch.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #297  
Just a quick comment... I have a BX. It's been a great scut, but wish I had more weight. The backhoe really pulls it forward during excavation. I'm considering a Max 28xl for the size and weight.

Why not also consider a B??? Like a B2620? Specs are near identical and some a tad better than the Max28.

I am not saying it is the case with you, so dont take this the wrong way, but you just drove my point home. By the way you worded you post, I took it to mean.....

You feel the BX is too small, thus "assuming" kubota dont make something in the size you want, are looking to other brands.

When infact, as mentioned, kubota builds a machine that compares nicely with the MAX. It just isnt the BX.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #298  
Greetings all! Brand new member here and enjoying the conversation. Lots of passion to be sure. I respect all of your opinions and can share mine now that I have a month of use under my belt. Apologies for length on this post, but if it helps someone like me who is looking for a good small tractor, then my time here is worthwhile.

I have 2 acres, (one manicured and the other partially cleared woods), and needed a tractor to satisfy and itch and get some work done. Already have a Craftsman garden tractor for mowing, so was looking for a loader, box blade, and brush hog.

Initially I was very drawn to Kubota due to reputation and good feedback. They are nice tractors to be sure. I looked at the BX series, and B series, but was conflicted as the BX seemed small for my needs, while B seemed a bit too much for my little place that only has a pretty full 12x16' garden shed for storage. Also checked out Bobcat's 22hp unit, (too big), and the small JD, (nice, but a little small and a touch pricey).

I was one day away from purchasing a BX 2360 with FEL, 40" box blade, and also a 40" brush cutter. Although excited, I was just a little reluctant and worried about the first time the boxblade rippers would caught one of the many roots I'd be tearing up, or having to hear the engine rev to the moon when hogging. I was indeed excited about the Kubota though, to be clear, but felt uneasy. :confused: What happened next is interesting. Perhaps God's hand let me stumble randomly on the new Mahindra Max site later that night as I was completing my due diligence, and I was impressed with the stats. (And I assure you their advertising campaign did not mislead me at all, I am an engineer and just look at facts when deciding on things.)

Just so happened that there was a dealer about 5 miles from the house and it was my first stop the next morning. (Never had passed by as it was on a road I didn't use.) They had one Max 25 with a loader on the lot and I liked what I saw. Took it for a quick spin and enjoyed it very much. After learning about the fact it was a Japanese unit, (Mitsubishi), with Mahindra touches, and also after studying the 5 year Warranty I obtained a quote on the tractor with FEL, 4' Mahindra brush cutter and a 4' Armstrong Box Blade. Spent 20 mins driving to a Kubota dealer to compare right away and the difference was clear. The Mahindra was a beefy tractor while the Kubota was indeed more of a garden tractor in my opinion. I looked at the B's again, but they were too big and more money as well. I hated to do it as the Kubota dealer was very nice, but I had to explain that there was just not a Kubota unit that fit my needs as I knew them to be. Thanked him and told him I may be back someday in the future.

Went back to the Mahindra dealer and did a deal. It was delivered with implements that afternoon. {Now what follows may have been similar had the Kubota showed up, so please don't think I am talking bad about that fine brand. Rather I am simply telling you about my Max experience.}

I spent a few glorious hours brush hogging the 3-4 foot brush, vines and misc undergrowth that had accumulated and the Max never missed a beat. Lots of trees and a new operator - y'all could have done it in 30 minutes probably. It was very nimble and turned on a dime. Ran smooth and didn't hiccup even at low RPMs which made for a relaxing time. Next I swapped the boxblade on with rippers in "git'r done" mode and moved a whole bunch of once hard packed clay. Amazing how much easier it is to do dirt work with a box blade and loader as opposed to shovel and garden tractor with trailer. :D Of course in doing this work I worked in the low range, 4wd, and diff lock occasionally. Yes the roots did put up a good fight, but I never worried about breaking anything as the Max is sturdy, heavy and would just work through most of it. I honestly believe that if not for the added weight of the Max and the bigger tires that I might have been spinning my wheels quite a bit more when using the box blade.

After getting my fill of mowing and moving dirt for the day, I sprayed the tractor down, parked the implements behind the shed, and let the tractor dry while looking at my packed 12x16' shed with a 4' double shelf at the far end. (Effectively 12x12' available for equipment). A game of Tetis ensued as I positioned the Craftsman tractor, 4 bikes, small trailer, core aerator, fertilizer, pressure washer, edger, etc... (you get the idea). I then lowered the ROPS and drove the Max right in to its snuggly new home. Bucket and rear tires cleared the shed door with an inch or two to spare on each side. Bucket rested against a 4"x4" leg of the shelf in front, and there was about 4" for the doors to clear the 3pt hitch on the rear. PERFECT!

I slept well that night and have had no regrets since.

Over the past three weeks I have completed the following therapy after work and on weekends:
  • spread and leveled about 100 yards of topsoil with loader and box blade
  • boxbladed/graded a 300' fence line with roots and all
  • brush hogged 5 acres of highway frontage for my HOA
  • brush hogged about an acre of 6-7' swamp grass in a marshy area of our community common area and didn't get stuck - (Thank goodness for FEL to push me out of spots...)

I couldn't be happier guys and girls. Paid very darn close to what the smaller orange alternative was going to cost and got a lot more tractor in my humble opinion, yet it still snuggles nicely in my little shed. Perfect size, lots of power, strong warranty, good price all add up to great value for me. The Kubota was nice too, but the Max 25 just fit my needs better.

Appreciate all of your opinions - Keep 'em coming! I also respect the other brands and love having more choices now in this segment of the tractor market. Everyone wins with continued refinements, improvements and competition between brands. :thumbsup:

Best Regards,
Eric

2012 Mahindra Max 25

Last edited:
   / kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #299  
Snowback,

Great input, thanks for taking the time! Input from non-dealers is very helpful.

Had an almost exact sale here this week. In fact before I saw that you were from Texas, I thought you might be my customer. It was between the BX, the JD1026 and the Kioti CK20S. My customer made the rounds to all of us dealers at least twice, with his questions and knowledge getting a little more "tractor savvy" each time. He chose the Max 22, even though the aforementioned tractors are good quality units from good dealers. The Max just fit perfectly for him.

So even if someone determines that the BX is the right tractor for them, it is without a doubt that they are doing themselves a disservice to not at least look at a Mahindra Max first.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #300  
I was one day away from purchasing a BX 2360 with FEL, 40' box blade, and also a 40' brush cutter.

Congrats on the new tractor and welcome to TBN. Reviews like that are MUCH benefit to would-be buyers.

And even though I am a kubota fan, And kubotas are awesome, I just dont think a BX is going to be able to move a 40' blade or 40' cutter:laughing:

Welcome to TBN. Post pictures of your new toy when you get time. We all like pictures.:thumbsup: