Buying Advice kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #301  
LD1 caught my 40' error! Thank you for keeping honest. I did fix it since it's just not engineer-like to botch something so simple. Sorry - and now I eat my humble pie. :licking:

On this note, it was interesting to me that some Kubota dealers were adamant about only using 40" implements instead of 4' implements on the Bx's.

Is that a recommendation from Kubota, or just a dealer opinion? Is it similar for the JD 1 series and Masseys as well? The Mahindra dealer here said no problem with a 5' brush hog and box blade for the Max 25, but since I have tight spaces I went with the smaller units. On the Max 25 the 4' implements both fill out the width of the tractor perfectly in my opinion.

Will get some pics soon hopefully.

Don't forget Mother's day tmrw gents...

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #302  
as a general consensus the max 25 is priced almost 3 thousand dollars more than the kubota bx 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #303  
as a general consensus the max 25 is priced almost 3 thousand dollars more than the kubota bx 25

Not even close to a general consensus on that price spread. ;) I suppose if you find a Kubota dealer with real slim margins and a Mahindra dealer with real fat margins, but that isn't a way to compare.

But if it is that easy to declare a general consensus, I'll take a shot at it. Here we go - As a general consensus, the Max 22 is worth $3000 more than the BX25, even though it is priced very comparably, and the much more powerful Max25 is fairly close in price to the BX25 and is worth $4000 more. Astonished buyers cannot believe that a Kubota isn't way cheaper. :thumbsup:

More seriously, the Max22 is a better comparison to the BX25 than the Max25. The Max22 having a 68 cu.in, engine, the BX25 has a 55 cu. in. engine. At 2500 rpm, the Max22 has 22hp. I do not know what HP the BX25 has at 2500 rpm, but wind it up about 30% higher and it squeaks out 23HP at 3200rpm. 1 HP more, 700 rpm more! Since most of us don't run with the throttle all the way against the stop, I suspect the Max22 does not give up any usable HP to the BX25. In fact if any BX25 owner is in the area, I'll be glad to dyno his/her tractor for free to find out.

The BX25 is named a little "tricky", trying to give the impression of 25HP. Seems they should have called it a BX23-3200. :D

Kubota guys....keep in mind I'm just having a little fun with you in response to the general consensus...

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #304  
I priced the max 22 and max 25 ,they are priced within 5-600 of each other , priced 3 dealers in my area 1 dealer 300 miless away pretty much same prices would you really notice a 3 horse power difference and a tire size difference for 5-600 difference I dont thnik so...after reading many posts here I was under the impression that the mahindra was "much more a real tractor' than the kubota bx 25...I DONT C PAYING 3 GRAND FOR THAT DIFFERENCE i was set on buying a max 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #305  
I priced the max 22 and max 25 ,they are priced within 5-600 of each other , priced 3 dealers in my area 1 dealer 300 miless away pretty much same prices would you really notice a 3 horse power difference and a tire size difference for 5-600 difference I dont thnik so...after reading many posts here I was under the impression that the mahindra was "much more a real tractor' than the kubota bx 25...I DONT C PAYING 3 GRAND FOR THAT DIFFERENCE i was set on buying a max 25

The structural difference between the BX and the Max is substantial. Just lay down underneath one and look up at the underbelly of each and see what you think. Look at the plastic fan underneath the belly on the BX vs the hydraulic cooler in front of the radiator on the Max. Both serve the same purpose, one is built like a big tractor, the other like a mower. Look at the unshielded driveshaft on the BX that snakes around through a carrier bearing with a couple of joints and slip couplers. Not real tractorish.

The Max 25 is not much more $$ than the Max 22. It has the same tires, same loader, etc. But it uses the 80 cu. in engine, hence more HP. Whether that is worth $600 is up to the buyer. For running a larger mower or tiller or snowblower it might be worth it. For loader and backhoe work, probably not.

I still don't get the $3000 difference? Can a Kubota BX25 tractor/loader be bought for a cash price of about $10-$11k? I was thinking they were more than that.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #306  
the bottom line is this kubota bx 25 with tax 16500
max 25 with tax 20100
u do the math it might be a west coast thing
or does it cost 2500 to ship it to new york ...lol

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #307  
the bottom line is this kubota bx 25 with tax 16500
max 25 with tax 20100
u do the math it might be a west coast thing
or does it cost 2500 to ship it to new york ...lol

It actually does cost more to ship it to New York, but not $2500. How are these both configured? Are they both with backhoe? Any mowers involved? Did you get the 5 year warranty on the Kubota, because I think that is an option for a little more $. Did you get the three-points with the BX? I'm just trying to understand the difference. I'd expect the Max 25 to be more, but not $3600 more. Please help me understand.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #308  
As a Kioti guy with no dog in this fight, I can support Dave's point that some Kubota dealers price aggressively while many newish Kioti, Mahindra, and TYM dealers seem to think the fact that they should have an inherent price advantages means they don't need to discount. A Kubota dealer with a 15% discount will beat any other dealer quoting list price minus chump change.

New York has many mature Kubota dealers who compete against each other with identical product so they are forced to discount aggressively. A local Mahindra dealer might be the only one within 80-100 miles so they can be a bit out of touch and have imbibed too much corporate KoolAid on what a great value the Max is when comparing list prices.

I also agree that I'd much rather have a 21hp CK20 running at 2400rpm than a screaming 25hp running at 3200.

The Max has the buzz right now and seems a very nice generational upgrade for Mahindra. My dear CK20 is looking a bit long in the tooth in comparison but is really only missing the three range HST to give the Max a run for its money.

I've always admired the BX22-25 TLB and would grab a good used one as a second easily trailered small project machine except that the **** things never seem to depreciate.

Buying new as my only tractor I'd have to go with the equivalent cost Max though. More performance bang for the buck.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #309  
both tlb only, three point hitch option on the bx 25, its only175.00 so I am quoted no additional warranty
max 25 comes with 3 point hitch and the backhoe bucket is 16 inch from one dealer -another said he dont know what bucket is coming in on it today it could be 1 of 3 buckets also stated that the front loader bucket was 50 inches wide and now they are shipping 48 in --just curious why they would down size it..hope this helps

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #310  
both tlb only, three point hitch option on the bx 25, its only175.00 so I am quoted no additional warranty
max 25 comes with 3 point hitch and the backhoe bucket is 16 inch from one dealer -another said he dont know what bucket is coming in on it today it could be 1 of 3 buckets also stated that the front loader bucket was 50 inches wide and now they are shipping 48 in --just curious why they would down size it..hope this helps

Thanks for the info. The Mahindra dealer can order in whatever backhoe bucket you want from the sizes available. The ML202 loaders have 50" front loader buckets, whether on a Max22 or Max25. Perhaps some local dealers can chime in or PM you, I would do you no favor quoting west coast pricing...but pricing does not seem right. I'd suspect a narrower difference for sure.