Comparison Max series Tractors

/ Max series Tractors
I said selling I did not say a brand.. I like a lot about the Kioti's but keep getting mixed messages about their reliability from their Dealers?
Whats that about? You were the dealer. Who you giving mixed messages too?

I sold Kioti's from 2002-2005, Masseys from 2002 to 2009 so I'm speaking of current models and the feedback I have gotten from guys I know in the business

/ Max series Tractors
I said selling I did not say a brand.. I like a lot about the Kioti's but keep getting mixed messages about their reliability from their Dealers?
Whats that about? You were the dealer. Who you giving mixed messages too?

In the quote you are referring to I used the words I sold tractors, as in past tense, I never used the words I sell them.

/ Max series Tractors #13  
I have had my Max 22 for one year, and granted, I only have 98 hours on it but I can tell you I have no daylight or slop in my pivot pins which I inspect regularly because of my lack of knowledge in how these stress points wear. Other than mowing for a total of 8 hours and snow blowing for a total of 10 hours all my hours have been spent using the loader, so figure 80 hours of loader work. I've posted a few videos of the loader capacity and the abuse it has endured, so it is not like I am only loading a few buckets of sand.

As far as re branding and no difference that also is not true, although the tractors are similar in many ways. I live in Maine and there are two dealers in the Southern part. Both are doing quite well and I have yet to see any pink tractors, but have seen quite a few pink implements. Maybe New Hampshire businesses enjoy being in business just for the sake of it. Seems like a bad business model to me, but hey, I am just a small business owner myself who does it to make money, not as a hobby.

/ Max series Tractors #14  
Dave, I appreciate your defense of Mahindra But you can correct me if I'm wrong ( if you have the New England sales numbers) but in the north east I travel daily through all the New England states, I see the same tractors on the Dealers lots here till they are sun bleached pink. I see nothing leaving the lot from the dealer close to my house in New Hampshire that I drive by every day. I got a quote on a Max 28XL from four different dealers here and they were all over 15,500 Tractor Loader (which is why I made the statement Kubota and Deere have nothing to worry about) Here you can buy a Kubota 2920 for the same price and it has in my opinion what seems to be a better loader, but as I said the 28's loader is much more impressive looking, it was the KMW's I had issue with... I could easily move the pivot pins and feel slop on the 22 and 25's loaders. I just cant see how not having gussets welded around the pivot pin stress points speaks anything to KMW's commitment to quality.

As I stated I think the Mitsubishi tractors are great, I despise the treadle pedal they use on their hydro(its the same one from 1998) and thats something I would have expected Mahindra to upgrade if they are truly trying to build a better tractor. I want Mahindra to succeed, I hope they come up with innovations to improve the tractor market place. I want them to provoke Kubota and Deere, it will be better for all of us. I can't speak for other parts of the country, but Kioti in New England has done wonders, I believe Kioti is trying to give people more for their dollar. I was disappointed mostly when I looked at the Max 28, I love the size and wanted to love the tractor, but at 15,500.00 the fact that it has no suspension seat (even the Kioti CK20 at 12,000.00 has one) I find to be unfortunate. I believe the Mitsubishi tractor is a great foundation, I just feel building on it with KMW is a bad decision. I have had a 1968 580CK case backhoe for 32 years, with over 10000 hours, never a bent tube, they are all original, but countless blown hydraulic hoses. so forgive me if I'm not seeing the plus side to all hoses.

Steve

Steve,

You suggested I can correct you if you are wrong, and I appreciate that. For 2013, January through July, Mahindra Max sales are up 158% in the northeast. The tractor market in general in that area is up about 10%, so we are outpacing that gain by a multiple of 15. In any area, I suppose there are dealers doing great, and some that can't sell ice cream for free on a hot day. By and large, our dealers are doing great in the NE.

I can't comment on price as every dealer can price as he sees fit. Obviously a Japanese built tractor is not going to be cheap, regardless of branding. I suspect an aggressive Kubota dealer can beat a high margin Mahindra dealer on price, but the opposite is true as well. And of course doing an apples to apples comparison is very difficult.

You despise the treadle pedal, and I prefer it. I don't like the side by side pedal, and you do. Fair enough. (It isn't actually the same pedal nor is it the same HST unit, but it is similar and I will grant that was your meaning.) You could also say you prefer orange and Mahindra should have "upgraded" to orange paint and you despise the red and see that as a failure. Well, I like red. And we do not expect everyone to prefer Mahindra. Just like Chevy and Ford, it is good we have options. If you like a side by side pedal, the Max is not for you.

I respect Kioti. You won't find me beating up on them. They seem to make a solid tractor and I have wondered why they do not have more market share. I like Kubota as well, and certainly respect their market share and concern for quality. And who does not like JD? I own an old JD 420 crawler and it is cool. So I am a Mahindra dealer and Mahindra fan, but not blindly so.

I also have a track loader at home, a Takeuchi TL130. All the (huge) pins have bushings, the lines are all steel with minimal hose, it is overbuilt every where and I really like it. It is a construction rig that can be used like it was stolen for 8 hours a day, 7 days a week. I don't expect a SCUT or a CUT to be built like that. And it would be too heavy if it were. While I too like big pins and bushings and hard lines, I can more appreciate a well designed, well balanced, well tested approach to give us quality without overkill. You can recall that there were serious issues with a particular tractor brand (not Mahindra) a few years ago with the loaders cracking on the cross tube that connected the 2 loader arms due to poor design or materials. They may have had bushings and hard lines, but were failing at a huge rate. So while what you say has some merit, we appreciate KMW and feel they build a nice loader. It is always a balance between features, specs, duty cycle design and price.

/ Max series Tractors #15  
Very well put dave...:thumbsup:

/ Max series Tractors #16  
Dave, is so good at putting thoughts into words. I would like to have a bit of his gift for words.

/ Max series Tractors #17  
You and me both, Galen..

/ Max series Tractors #18  
I sold Kioti's from 2002-2005, Masseys from 2002 to 2009 so I'm speaking of current models and the feedback I have gotten from guys I know in the business

And???

/ Max series Tractors #19  
I got more tractor for less money out of my max28 vs the local deere and bota dealers' lesser models.. I could have spent a couple more K and gotten a bx25, and I highly doubt the 'technology' on that tractor is vastly different than the 'technology' on the max. I just got more power, better ground clearance, and it's not f-ing orange. (I hate the color orange. While that wasn't a huge influence on my tractor purchase, the kubota dealers I called being dicks in addition to having higher prices was. Ending up with a red tractor was just icing on the cake) Deere was also just too rich for my blood. I like their stuff, I love my 717a ztr, it's a champion, but their stuff ain't cheap by any stretch.

OP sounds more butthurt and excuse-ridden hence the attempt at disparagement, and I concur with the others, obvious troll is obvious.

/ Max series Tractors #20  
Just took delivery of a Max25 TLB with MMM 3 hours ago. Researched everything since March and concluded that it was the most tractor for the money. I don't care about cup holders and refinements, performance trumps all. Did I make the right choice? Time will tell.