Comparison Max series Tractors

/ Max series Tractors #21  
This thread reminds me of so many others I've read on this and many other forums in recent years. It's just more of the same thing, ad nauseum. Does everything about tractors always have to be a pissing contest? This brand is better than that brand, this person knows more than that person. Geesh! What happened to the idea that tractor folks are friendly folks? Or is it all about money and self-serving arrogance these days?

/ Max series Tractors #22  
This thread reminds me of so many others I've read on this and many other forums in recent years. It's just more of the same thing, ad nauseum. Does everything about tractors always have to be a pissing contest? This brand is better than that brand, this person knows more than that person. Geesh! What happened to the idea that tractor folks are friendly folks? Or is it all about money and self-serving arrogance these days?

So why did you join? Could of stayed a stalker.

/ Max series Tractors #23  
No arrogance here, and I am friendly! but money, well, that matters alot. We all want the most value for our dollars, of which there is a finite amount in my household. Just drove my Max into a pile of cordwood, lifted the boom without a hitch and drove away with a big crappy grin on my face. This is my first tractor, a whole new experience and I'm loving it!

/ Max series Tractors

My feedback has been mixed on the CK tractors from dealers, As I am in the market for a tractor two dealers are telling me not to buy a CK20 and another is telling me it's the only Kioti to buy

Last edited:
   / Max series Tractors
Steve,

You suggested I can correct you if you are wrong, and I appreciate that. For 2013, January through July, Mahindra Max sales are up 158% in the northeast. The tractor market in general in that area is up about 10%, so we are outpacing that gain by a multiple of 15. In any area, I suppose there are dealers doing great, and some that can't sell ice cream for free on a hot day. By and large, our dealers are doing great in the NE.

I can't comment on price as every dealer can price as he sees fit. Obviously a Japanese built tractor is not going to be cheap, regardless of branding. I suspect an aggressive Kubota dealer can beat a high margin Mahindra dealer on price, but the opposite is true as well. And of course doing an apples to apples comparison is very difficult.

You despise the treadle pedal, and I prefer it. I don't like the side by side pedal, and you do. Fair enough. (It isn't actually the same pedal nor is it the same HST unit, but it is similar and I will grant that was your meaning.) You could also say you prefer orange and Mahindra should have "upgraded" to orange paint and you despise the red and see that as a failure. Well, I like red. And we do not expect everyone to prefer Mahindra. Just like Chevy and Ford, it is good we have options. If you like a side by side pedal, the Max is not for you.

I respect Kioti. You won't find me beating up on them. They seem to make a solid tractor and I have wondered why they do not have more market share. I like Kubota as well, and certainly respect their market share and concern for quality. And who does not like JD? I own an old JD 420 crawler and it is cool. So I am a Mahindra dealer and Mahindra fan, but not blindly so.

I also have a track loader at home, a Takeuchi TL130. All the (huge) pins have bushings, the lines are all steel with minimal hose, it is overbuilt every where and I really like it. It is a construction rig that can be used like it was stolen for 8 hours a day, 7 days a week. I don't expect a SCUT or a CUT to be built like that. And it would be too heavy if it were. While I too like big pins and bushings and hard lines, I can more appreciate a well designed, well balanced, well tested approach to give us quality without overkill. You can recall that there were serious issues with a particular tractor brand (not Mahindra) a few years ago with the loaders cracking on the cross tube that connected the 2 loader arms due to poor design or materials. They may have had bushings and hard lines, but were failing at a huge rate. So while what you say has some merit, we appreciate KMW and feel they build a nice loader. It is always a balance between features, specs, duty cycle design and price.

Again I appreciate that you prefer the treadle petal, I just haven't met many people that do. I hope It doesn't seem like I'm bashing Mahindra as a whole I just look at that 202 loader in particular and from what most other Mfgr's are doing it seems like a bad trend to start.

When I see things I don't like I tend to get worked up about them...As with MTD and the Big Box store lawn tractors. I feel MTD was a cancer and single handedly made a shambles of that market. I'm sure there is an MTD Excecutive that can tell me where I'm wrong, Until they can show me why I'm wrong I'm not their biggest fan.

I like the term overbuilt....that's what I'd like to see from all manufacturers! As for NE dealers as a whole...this is a tough place to buy a tractor, That is why hundreds of sales a month are lost to southern tractor dealers. Three dealers in particular I have spoken to say they have never heard of this site??? How does someone work in this industry and not know about this site? I really appreciate that your on here interacting with consumers and educating them....to me that and good service is what sells tractors, and makes good dealers. Unfortunately there are still a lot of "Old School" dealers out there that trash this site and say it's a pool of misinformation.

/ Max series Tractors #28  
My feedback has been mixed on the CK tractors from dealers, As I am in the market for a tractor two dealers are telling me not to buy a CK20 and another is telling me it's the only Kioti to buy

But you sold the machines you should know if its good or not. Why would it be the only machine to buy? I think your reaching.

/ Max series Tractors #29  
NE Tractor, take a look at your first post. The loader, the foot pedal, no innovation, re-branding of an old model and 7 dealers telling you something which is slamming their own income source. Also there is the suggestion that a bunch of marketing guys designed the tractor and the implication is the MAX is garbage, no matter how nicely you try to sugarcoat your comments, they are pretty much 100% troll material. Oh yeah, the faded paint comment and low sales comment was also classic. So if that was your intent, you have done it, although most all your comments have been exposed as bunk, except for personal preferences such as the foot pedal. No one can argue that since it is a comfort item and is neither good or bad.

Was there a question buried in there somewhere in your quest for more knowledge about the Max series or was your intent to lay a slam out there in the Mahindra community? You had to know the reason most of us bought a Mahindra was because we think they are the balls, instead your implied garbage heaps. I just don't see your points as being anything other than inflammatory in nature and serve no genuine constructive purpose.

If you chose to go to the Case or Kubota site and trash Mahindra I would tend to understand it more. So I am curious, what was your point in posting your comments?