Mahindra overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Mahindra overheating #11  
When you find a make or model that does not have that problem under those conditions you let us know !!!

/ Mahindra overheating
Saw, it seems to me that the other forum members are generally right on target here and you're being a little unreasonable. I'm sure smart engineers could design a system that would prevent the radiator from getting clogged, but then your tractor would have some elaborate contraption attached that would raise the cost of the tractor by thousands, and cost just as much to maintain anyway. Bottom line, if you are going to mow, take a bit of time occassionally to clean the radiator...it's not that big of a deal. I don't mean to be testy here, it's just a common sense thing.

/ Mahindra overheating #14  
Yes! I have found a solution. I have a piece of crap mahindra that got hot every 5 minutes of bush hogging. The radiator for one needs to be moved forward halfway. Remove the battery from the radiator area and mount it up front like mine. Put a blower in it that is going to shoot air towards the front of the grill. Kubota has this design. The fan on the engine is still installed blowing air for the engine. I will modify your tractor for 800.00 to not get hot anymore.

/ Mahindra overheating #15  
This is a problem on all of the Mahindra 10 series tractors. Very poor design, I have to clean mine every 30 minutes with either compressed air or pressure washer. As soon as I get it paid down its gone for something that will work without getting hot. I have used several different tractors since purchasing my 4110 and they all work for hours on end without having to stop and be cleaned. Dealer told me the same thing, expect it or I could buy the battery relocator and try it. I told him that Mahindra should retrofit the 10 series for free since it is such a common problem. He just laughed and wished me good luck on that. Guess I'll get the last laugh when I trade it off.

/ Mahindra overheating #16  
Suggestion, If you are past the warranty, retrofit your tractor with a different radiator. I just got my 5525 delivered today and was aware of the plastic/aluminun radiator, as most all vehicles are today. Try and fit an all copper radiator. Take some measurments and take it to a reputable radiator shop and see what they can match. If you have room for alarger one that will fit, try it. I have mowed with my old Massey 9 acres in 90 degrees and have never got it pas the mid point heat range. all copper radiator.

/ Mahindra overheating #17  
Wow, someone resurrected a 4.5 year old post! Amazing, but is it a record?

/ Mahindra overheating #18  
The original poster could also try bushhogging in reverse... That way the leaves, etc are on the ground and not where they can be sucked in by the fan...

I'm not saying it's convenient, but it would work. Keeping the area maintained better would be the best option... but not always possible.

/ Mahindra overheating #19  
There is a screen in front of the radiator that gets plugged up and you can back wash the radiator all you want but won't get the screen cleared ....
The tempature will stay up when working the tractor....

I pulled mine out and have left it out so I can back wash the radiator if the temp starts to go . I have not had any problems since.....

The only thing you are going to find , is the FEL has to be off to get it out without bending it....

Again, I left the screen out this summer when the tempature was in the 90s. The temp never went up.....

Dave in NH

2810 HST

/ Mahindra overheating #20  
Hasn't been a problem for me, even in hot weather. I leave the loader off for mowing and when the temp climbs a bit, I head back to the barn and blow it out with compressed air.

Status
Not open for further replies.