Mahindra overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Mahindra overheating #21  
I could bush hog all day with my 4110 even in 90 degree weather the Temp would only get to less than mid point. I used water wetter in the coolant, and my 4110 has the battery in the lower position so the radiator is completely clear. I understand the relocation kit is available for around $100 from Bills tractor and easy to install, if you have the older style battery mount it does cover about 1/3 of the radiator.

Good luck resolving this issue

/ Mahindra overheating #22  
I
NetworkMD said:
I could bush hog all day with my 4110 even in 90 degree weather the Temp would only get to less than mid point. I used water wetter in the coolant, and my 4110 has the battery in the lower position so the radiator is completely clear. I understand the relocation kit is available for around $100 from Bills tractor and easy to install, if you have the older style battery mount it does cover about 1/3 of the radiator.

Good luck resolving this issue

I've never mowed with a 4110, but I do agree the screen position relative to the loader is poor. You can't easily pull it out to clean it. Seems the radiator engineeers forgot to talk to the loader engineers.

I mow 7 acres fairly often with a 3215 Mahindra with a 84" flail and we get no heating at all, and it is normally 100 degrees here during the summer. I clean the radiator after each mowing, just to be sure.

/ Mahindra overheating #23  
jleal said:
Like I said I purchased this machine just because I was bored and like tractors. Did lot of research on the net about machines. I now got so much lawn business to do it is not fun any more. I now able to pick the clean lots to the dirty lots. Mahindra is a very good tractor. I do lot of Code Complaints for the city. I live in san antonio texas and every contractor that does grass cutting now has a mahindra. Larger then the one I got but I keep up with every one. I love my machine and I love working on it. This winter I will give it a complete make over. I change the oil every 50 hours. I do very well maintenace on it. It deserves it for what it goes thru with me. I guess I am going to go out and buy a bigger mahindra to cut the 15 plus acres lots I do. 2615 handles it but little hard. I mean grass that is 15 feet and higher and this is no lie. These lots can not be walked because you do not know what kind of creature is in there waiting for you. I have learned a lot since I first purchased it and do not tear it up as much being new to driving farm tractors. So my new bush hog should last a life time. Mahindra is tough!!!!!!!!!!

Jleal
I like your post from August 28, 2007, ABOVE, :) better than the BELOW post :(
from October 7, 2007 !!!!!!!!!

jleal said:
Yes! I have found a solution. I have a piece of crap mahindra that got hot every 5 minutes of bush hogging. The radiator for one needs to be moved forward halfway. Remove the battery from the radiator area and mount it up front like mine. Put a blower in it that is going to shoot air towards the front of the grill. Kubota has this design. The fan on the engine is still installed blowing air for the engine. I will modify your tractor for 800.00 to not get hot anymore.

I have a much cheaper solution, its called routine maintenance, :eek: Just like you said on that same day, August 28
jleal said:
I have the same overheating problem with mine only when I get in tall grass and fine debris blows up into the radiaor fins. You need to blow the radiator fins out and keep the screen clean that slides out. Pull the screen starit up without shaking any debris onto bottom of radiator because when you start the engine that fine dust on the bottom will get sucked into the fins of the radiator. I also put an extra radiator net around my whole tractor to catch a lot of this debris when bushhogging tall grass. My tractor runs alot in the red after cutting very tall grass and geting it clogged. This can cause a warped head in the future or blown head gasket. No problem for me as I am a very fast good mechanic. I will be adding a electric radiator fan to the front of the radiator and will post photos. Right now I am changing axle seals out because of wire that got caught up in the axle. Photos of axle removal on link.

Untitled
P.S. like a couple of replies to your August post tried to advise you, the 2615 is
a little SMALL for 15 ft high grass :rolleyes:

DavesTractor said:
Wow, someone resurrected a 4.5 year old post! Amazing, but is it a record?

Besides being a OLD post, the original poster " DO NOT DELETE "
is listed as a NEW MEMBER, with a joined date of Dec. 1969, was the internet availible to the public in 1969?????????.
He has ZERO posts, although if you go go to his profile and "find all posts" he has written 5000 posts EVEN
Is there a Sherlock Holmes out there to solve this mystery :cool:

/ Mahindra overheating #24  
The mods have explained Donotdelete before. It is somehow due to a software changeover glitch. This comes up periodically. At any rate, I still think that OLD threads should not be available for posting unless they have been active the entire time.

/ Mahindra overheating #25  
UncleBuck01 said: I have a much cheaper solution, its called routine maintenance.
Routine maintenance has done absolutely nothing to help with my overheating problems. I keep everything serviced and in good working order, I clean the radiator after each use with compressed air and have even purchased cans of air conditioner coil cleaner to clean the fins and nothing will work. The only thing more aggravating than something not working properly is someone insinuating that it is yor fault.

/ Mahindra overheating #26  
MLinOleMiss said:
UncleBuck01 said: I have a much cheaper solution, its called routine maintenance.
Routine maintenance has done absolutely nothing to help with my overheating problems. I keep everything serviced and in good working order, I clean the radiator after each use with compressed air and have even purchased cans of air conditioner coil cleaner to clean the fins and nothing will work. The only thing more aggravating than something not working properly is someone insinuating that it is yor fault.
OleMiss
So let me get this straight, your saying ITS a brand problem ?
your saying that other brand tractors don't have this problem under similiar conditions ? In the beginning I had the exact problems that have been reported in this thread, solved it a piece at a time, I put an extra screen to help protect the original screen, it got better, then from this forum I took the advice of cleaning the fins, and not just in appearence, but cleaning the fins until the water flushed clear, it got better, so much better that I do this twice a year,
whether I have problems or not. IT IS PART OF MY ROUTINE MAINTENANCE.
I cut (brush hog) 25 acres of horse pasture at least TWICE a year, I cut (brush hog) 50 acres of my neighbors hay fields at least ONCE a year, now that is just a small part of of what I use my 4110, despite all that grass work, I have never this year come close to the "RED" mark on my tractor
Since we both own a Mahindra 4110, according to your profile, do you still think its a brand problem ?
P.S." The only thing more aggravating than something not working properly is someone insinuating that it is yor fault."
I never "INSINUATE"

/ Mahindra overheating #27  
Unclebuck,
I think that it is a design problem, I have used the Mahindra 5500, I have used a JD 20 series and I have used a Case cx series in the same conditions on the same location and have not had to stop in the middle of the work and wash out the radiator. I too have sought advice from this forum and even posted things that seemed to work for me temporarily (feel free to search the Mahindra forum for my posts on this problem) With the radiator and air filter blocking the radiator and the muffler mounted on top of the motor I believe that it is indeed a design problem.
Where as you are able to clean your fins twice a year and get satisfactory results, I have to clean mine 6-7 times a day with either an air compressor or a 2450 psi pressure washer. Aggravating as #$@^, to say the least.
I don't believe that we can fairly compare mine to yours as the climate in south MS and Central New York are not comparable. I would definitely own another Mahindra, just not a 10 series.

/ Mahindra overheating #28  
MLinOleMiss said:
Unclebuck,

Where as you are able to clean your fins twice a year and get satisfactory results, I have to clean mine 6-7 times a day with either an air compressor or a 2450 psi pressure washer. Aggravating as #$@^, to say the least.
I don't believe that we can fairly compare mine to yours as the climate in south MS and Central New York are not comparable. I would definitely own another Mahindra, just not a 10 series.

Are you sure your cooling fins on your radiator are not bent?

/ Mahindra overheating #29  
No, they're not bent, I have been very careful with them.

/ Mahindra overheating #30  
Is there any chance that you might have a faulty thermostat?

Status
Not open for further replies.