She's on the way!!!!

/ She's on the way!!!! #31  
Ram,
How much was that 7 foot box blade?
I saw that bi-pod on your rifle and I thought of my Christmas present from a couple years back.
Merry Christmas hugs, Brandi
My R25.jpg

/ She's on the way!!!! #32  
It's the Mahindra cutter, they're made by Kodiak. Same for the box blade (which I'm still waiting on).

Actually, that wasn't my Christmas present...hee hee hee. Been planning for the tractor for a long time, it just worked out financially near Christmas.

My Christmas present was this:

View attachment 294494

Remington 700 SPS Heavy Barrel Varmint in 22-250, bipod and a 6.5-20x50 varmint scope. :thumbsup:

Ram4x4 that thing ought to make Brer Rabbit think twice about comming out of the brier patch and into your carrot patch, not to mention Wile E. Coyote.

/ She's on the way!!!!
Wow Brandi, nice!

If the whackos in DC don't get their way and ban the "assault" style rifles again I'm hoping to get a Les Baer custom one day. It'd be fun for sure.

/ She's on the way!!!!
Should be good for pdogs out to 500 yards.

Next up is a project gun in same caliber. A Shilen or Shaw heavy barrel in a 1:8 twist to stabilize a .224 Berger 90 grainer. I figure I could get 3300-3500 fps on that from a 22-250 case. The ballistic coefficient on that bullet is .551. Ballistics calculator shows it's still traveling over 2700 fps at 800 yards. That would make it a potential 800-1000 yard varminter...on very calm days and with a good scope.

/ She's on the way!!!! #35  
Lol, I didn't ask about a hat. I guess I'll see tomorrow when it gets here, hahahaha.

I bought my Kioti slightly used from our local New Holland dealer. When I took it back to the Kioti dealer for annual service, I asked about a hat. No dice -- only given to new owners. I did get a dealer hat, but not quite the same. Definitely, insist on a hat.

/ She's on the way!!!! #36  
Wow Brandi, nice!

If the whackos in DC don't get their way and ban the "assault" style rifles again I'm hoping to get a Les Baer custom one day. It'd be fun for sure.
I have a few extra capacity magazines on backorder. If I get them all............I will have one short of too many.
hugs, Brandi

/ She's on the way!!!! #37  
Should be good for pdogs out to 500 yards.

Next up is a project gun in same caliber. A Shilen or Shaw heavy barrel in a 1:8 twist to stabilize a .224 Berger 90 grainer. I figure I could get 3300-3500 fps on that from a 22-250 case. The ballistic coefficient on that bullet is .551. Ballistics calculator shows it's still traveling over 2700 fps at 800 yards. That would make it a potential 800-1000 yard varminter...on very calm days and with a good scope.

Don't know if you've thought about this, but there was reason that the "22 Varminter", now know as the 22-250 originally had/has a twist rate of 1 in 14"...at 3600 to 3800fps (and even up to 4000 fps with the the really light bullets) the bullet (yes, jacketed) would actually start to strip in the throat with a faster twist...I've got a couple of 22-250s and find even at 1 in 14" you can shoot 60gr. BTs at about 3400fps with good to great accuracy..and also maintain the barrel throat for a few thousand rounds...I do have a Match AR with a stainless 1 in 8" twist that I find that 55 to 80 grain bullets shoot wonderfully well in...But, I run them at less than 3000 fps. The seem to stabilize great at about 2900 fps. If you decide to do it, let us know how it comes out. BobG in VA

/ She's on the way!!!!
Yes, I've considered that. I'm looking into a gain twist barrel. Start it at around 1:20 and end at 1:8. Also 5R rifling to avoid sharp edges on the rifling to prevent cutting into the jacket as well and no lands 180 degrees apart to squeeze and upset the bullet shape as much. I've found a couple guys on a forum that did or are doing something similar, but haven't heard the outcome.

/ She's on the way!!!! #39  
I bought my Kioti slightly used from our local New Holland dealer. When I took it back to the Kioti dealer for annual service, I asked about a hat. No dice -- only given to new owners. I did get a dealer hat, but not quite the same. Definitely, insist on a hat.
A little plan for getting a few caps....
When going to the John Deere dealer to look for your next tractor, wear your Mahindra cap.
When going to the Mahindra dealer to look for your next tractor, wear your John Deere cap.
When going to the Kioti dealer to look for your next tractor, wear your Mahindra cap.
And so on and so on.
Worked for me.