She's on the way!!!!

/ She's on the way!!!! #21  
If you listen to that 'HST whine' you noticed... I think it is coming from the transmission/rear end area.. and not from the HST. It is real noticeable when you try to drive around with the parking brake on.... :) [ don't ask me how I know ]

/ She's on the way!!!!
Now that I've driven it a lot more, the whine (definitely the HST as they all do it to some degree) pretty much disappears once it gets up to speed.

I've used all three ranges now and got her up to speed in high range. With the weight of the FEL, filled tires and that 7' HD cutter, it really struggles to accelerate in high range, have to get the engine RPM's up near the 540 PTO operating range to use the high range gearing for sure.

If the published weights for the tractor, FEL and cutter are correct and assuming the quoted weight for the rimguard in the rear tires is right, I'm sitting right at 10,000 lbs. That's a fair bit of weight for 50HP to be moving at any clip.

When I did my mowing the other day I was running at full speed in the low range which seemed just about perfect for the thickness of weeds and grass (it was wet too). I'll have to try in medium range on some of the thinner stuff when it is dry and see how that goes as a little faster than top speed in low range would definitely be desirable in some cases.

I'm sure when I disconnect the cutter and get the much lighter box blade on it it'll be more responsive. Just waiting on my box blade as the dealer had to order it not having one in stock. Would have been handy to have it starting tomorrow as we're supposed to get hammered with snow. Oh well, will make due with the FEL for snow removal duties for now.

/ She's on the way!!!! #23  
I've used all three ranges now and got her up to speed in high range. With the weight of the FEL, filled tires and that 7' HD cutter, it really struggles to accelerate in high range, have to get the engine RPM's up near the 540 PTO operating range to use the high range gearing for sure.
That was the case with the Kubota as well, I think high range is really only for road travel. It's kinda like starting out in your car in 3rd gear. I've never used high for any 'work" related things.

/ She's on the way!!!!
A picture in the snow...

Tractor1.JPG

/ She's on the way!!!!
Hahahaha! Yeah, it came with the cutter already mounted and I haven't gotten the barn cleared out yet to park it, so haven't disconnected it yet.

/ She's on the way!!!! #27  
Snow mower, that's a good one. I don't know what it is but they just look tough! kinda like a "stocky wrestler"

/ She's on the way!!!! #29  
Nice Christmas present Ram! Congradulations! What brand is that 7 foot box blade?
Merry Christmas hugs, Brandi

/ She's on the way!!!!
It's the Mahindra cutter, they're made by Kodiak. Same for the box blade (which I'm still waiting on).

Actually, that wasn't my Christmas present...hee hee hee. Been planning for the tractor for a long time, it just worked out financially near Christmas.

My Christmas present was this:

Rem700.JPG

Remington 700 SPS Heavy Barrel Varmint in 22-250, bipod and a 6.5-20x50 varmint scope. :thumbsup: