Refurbishing my Z145 135

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #21  
Robert, I do like it, installed the software to utilize the image capabilities, I like the fact you can point at a piece and it scrolls to the name in the data column.

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135
Because of possible rain I'm not going to paint today. Instead, I'm working on the fitment of the new sheetmetal I just purchased. Let me tell you. The fitment is not even close to factor specs. So get your drill out and get ready to pop a few new holes to get everything to line up.

I used a 1/4 20 tap on all my threaded pieces. The new peices come with M6 1.0 threads. Cheaper to buy SAE bolts and nuts. :thumbsup:

Nice looking 135. You did good:thumbsup:
Mine is a 1964 MF135 diesel deluxe with multipower. Got it in Jul06 for $3600. Did a partial restoration. It's in my shop now with an engine oil leak, a leaking pto shaft seal. I might have to dig into the 2-stage clutch since it's getting difficult to shift the pto on and off.

View attachment 265829View attachment 265830View attachment 265831

View attachment 265832View attachment 265833View attachment 265834

Have fun with your new toy:D
What size wheels to do you have on your 135. I have seriously thought of going with turf tires on mine. Mine are 12-28

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #24  
Looks great Robert. What kind of retainers came with the removable grill.

Mike476 said:

Good question. NONE!!!!! I'm going to reuse the clip from my old one. I may buy a new screw. There is a difference between old and new. I may take a few pics to show the differences.

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #26  
Mine had been rivetted in place with four small tabs. I ended up drilling four of the rivets out and replacing them with sheet metal screws so it wouldn't vibrate loose but I could remove it more easily.

Pics would be great.

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #27  
What size wheels to do you have on your 135. I have seriously thought of going with turf tires on mine. Mine are 12-28

Those rears are BF Goodrich 18.4-16A 6-ply (18" wide, 16" dia rim, 40" tall overall). My 135 is a field tractor that has been converted to squat low for work in the previous owner's olive orchard (discing, flail mower work, etc). The front spindles are shortened to keep the tractor level. You can get those rears at most rural tire stores that service the ag community. That size tire is used on combines and other large ag equipment. It would make a nice, safe tractor for mowing steep hills (my place is a flat 10-acre parcel).

Here's are pictures of both old and new doors. Note the old (original) door has a curve to it. The new one is flat. Note the fingers that lineup the door on both. Different locations. To use a new door on a original grill one would have to shape the door and drill new holes in the original grill.

The new grill is barebones. You'll need the screw clip and screw w/retainer. OR rob them off your old grill. Fitment is a real PITA.

Reminds me when I put new fenders on a 66 mustang. Similar but not quite.

Check these pictures. -robert

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #29  
Couldn't open your pics this morning, site seems to be experiencing formatting issues, did the same thing on me yesterday morning until mid-day. Will try today after work.

Fitment is key, and I'd consider trying it on the tractor before making too many new holes. I know on mine the two lower attachment points on the shroud were "adjusted" by a previous owner so after straightening everything out it took a bit to fit it to the tractor.

Look forward to seeing the pics, she'll look pretty near new with all the new skins.

Mike476 said:
Couldn't open your pics this morning, site seems to be experiencing formatting issues, did the same thing on me yesterday morning until mid-day. Will try today after work.

Fitment is key, and I'd consider trying it on the tractor before making too many new holes. I know on mine the two lower attachment points on the shroud were "adjusted" by a previous owner so after straightening everything out it took a bit to fit it to the tractor.

Look forward to seeing the pics, she'll look pretty near new with all the new skins.

If I 'm not mistaken one of the side hood pieces on yours had vents on it. That is the way they are being sold now. So I'm guessing some go the sheet metal was replaced on yours since birth.